peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 19, 11 1:59 PM
I just finished this one and it was a lot of fun. It did have different gameplay from previous Treasure Seekers. It ran great on my Dell XPS running with Vista. No problems, good graphics, mini games are doable without resorting to a walkthrough. All I seemed to need was a hint here and there, mostly out of laziness on my part I have to say though it was a little on the short and easy side so I am very happy I waited till the sale to get the regular version. I usually buy most CEs but I had a feeling I would have buyer's remorse from this one. At the sale price it's a steal!

[Post New]by mausienanna on Feb 19, 11 5:22 PM
sorry guys! aussie humour doesn't seem to translate too well apparently! i love this game, but so frustrating with all the probs i'm having with it.

ples244
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ples244 on Feb 19, 11 5:48 PM
I just finished the demo and it ran fine for me. My thing is, and it may just be the mood I'm in, you're trying to save the world and you go into the storage shed and get a broom and while you are in there you also pick up a propeller and a cd and 2 pairs of sunglasses and you don't get anything else you need. This is on my maybe list because I did like the others.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 19, 11 9:19 PM
The graphics are gorgeous. The gameplay is IHOG adventure. There are several minigames as well as HOG scenes which are very easy. The storyline is well written. There is a lot of going back and forth, so those who do not like this, fair warning. An enjoyable game. Because I apparently didn't clean my files from the CE, I started where I had left off. The game is just excellent! Truly enjoyable.

This game is an A-.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Feb 19, 11 11:27 PM
This game cerainly was not worth the CE price, it is just OK, but at 4.99? maybe.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 20, 11 4:44 AM
Hi all.

I have just finished & really enjoyed this game.

It was fairly straight forward but not too easy, the minigames were pleasent but hardly mind benders. I have only tried one treasure seekers before & I will definitely be demo-ing the others.

Bought with a Felix discount I am more than happy with this first class game.

Thanks BFG

8/10

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Feb 20, 11 8:56 AM
mausienanna wrote:sorry guys! aussie humour doesn't seem to translate too well apparently! i love this game, but so frustrating with all the probs i'm having with it.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just going to add my "Huh?" to the other comments. Have you contacted customer service - they're always very helpful with any technical problems.

I'm going to download now - hope I don't experience those same problems!

Good luck!
Gail

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 20, 11 8:58 AM
cyndrap wrote:
peeshee_1951 wrote:
mausienanna wrote:you have GOT to be kidding!!!

Can you elaborate? This forum is for giving opinions...where is yours? Not being mean, just that 'you have got to be kidding' leaves me wondering why.

I agree I did not understand the comment either

i believe they were commenting on the post above them

i did not care for the game also

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 20, 11 12:25 PM
i had said that i was really enjoying the game - and had exited to come here and say so; and thats when the problems started! I couldn't get back in the game.
However, i seem to have been able to trick the error message and have been able to get back through to the game.
It is lovely
i'm really enjoying the game play
Lots of things to do; puzzles/ HOGs/ FROGS/ IHOGs; it really does cover everything.
Graphics are fab/ storyline intruguing/ played for a couple of hours and seem to have plenty left to do.
Haven't needed walkthrough as Hint if very good.
If you can get passed the error - this is a very good game

rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rubywilms on Feb 20, 11 7:40 PM
DON'T BUY THIS GAME. I DID WHAT EVERYONE SAID AND TRIED WITH A NEW SIGH IN NAME. IT WORKED,BUT WHEN THE TRIAL WAS OVER AND I BOUGHT IT . THE SAME PROBLEM ALL OVER AGAIN. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE GAMES THIS WEEK END. SECOND ONE I HAD PROBLEMS WITH
NOT A HAPPY PERSON

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Feb 20, 11 7:46 PM
BF needs an instant refund policy for people that are given a link to a game they sell that they purchase, and it won't play for whatever reason. You are pushing bad games to us.........WHY? That's no way to keep "Loyal customers"!

pdad
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by pdad on Feb 20, 11 10:12 PM
I agree with peeshee1951. Great game but too short in SE and a lot easier than other Treasure Seekers games. Perhaps I'm getting better at them but I didn't need a walkthrough and only used a couple of hints on **** scenes.
Nevertheless, a good game but not a great one.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 21, 11 10:18 PM
Phew! That was something, waiting for the Fix! It was frustrating and annoying to say the least. Now that the Fix is here, I am finally able to play this! I love it! I love the fact that you need to go back and forth from future to past. Love the graphics, the music gives a feeling of intense atmosphere. I am so happy that I was able to get this with the sale and that things worked out. Yeah, I griped, and vented...but at the same time I knew BF would come through. They have in the past. Needless to say I am a happy camper! and just have to give this game a big

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Thank goodness I waited till it went on SE

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Feb 22, 11 1:13 PM
because this was short , Nellie had really no part ,I'm not crazy about the brother and everything was very easy . it took me about an hour to finish the second time . I'm so glad I waited till it went on SE and did not opt to buy the CE because I would have been really disappointed . so far in the series the only one I'm keeping is the enchanted canvases . this one is just OK

[Post New]by Belseindar on Feb 22, 11 4:42 PM
Greetings,

I was a little dissapointed with this installment after purchasing it. I own the others and enjoyed them so I naturally picked this one up. The gameplay and graphics were on par with the series and the game overall was decent.

My main issue with this game is that it was a bit on the short side. I finished it fairly quickly. It is also a little on the easier side. First play thru I used no hints and didn't need the walkthru at all.

If I were to rate this game I'd say 3.5 out of 5 stars as I am more a fan of these game being longer.

Thanks

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Feb 22, 11 5:25 PM
Actually -I have not liked the last few games in this series, but I have to say, this one played very nice and I really enjoyed it. A lot of good and challenging puzzles, great graphics and story line as well- Good game give it a try- kept me captivated.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Feb 22, 11 9:03 PM
I just couldn't get into this game. i seen it on the Top 10 list ( CE version ) for a long time that i couldn't wait for the SE to be released so i could check it out.
I also just buy the SE of games.
anyway, it just didn't keep my attention for one. Also, i am not a big fan of FROG games.
I expected something really great and this just wasn't what i wanted ...
but, happy for those who really love this one
game on

nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Feb 23, 11 4:45 AM
Wow, I was very happy with this game! I wasn't sure after some of the reviews, but I am glad I ignored them! Great graphics, story line, music, mini games, everything! I have been getting so bored with the games lately but this was a breath of fresh air. Thank you big fish!

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Feb 23, 11 10:06 AM
ples244 wrote:I just finished the demo and it ran fine for me. My thing is, and it may just be the mood I'm in, you're trying to save the world and you go into the storage shed and get a broom and while you are in there you also pick up a propeller and a cd and 2 pairs of sunglasses and you don't get anything else you need. This is on my maybe list because I did like the others.

Have to agree with you ples244..........I too have the Enchanted Canvas and enjoy that one, but this one just "didn't do it for me". Perhaps if it's ever offered as a DD, might consider it, but full price no. Seems we're in the minority here, but that's OK, as all games are not for everyone.
To those who really like this...........have fun playing.....

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Feb 26, 11 6:14 PM
Cute game but experienced gamers will want the advanced mode. The easy mode is, well, easy. Beautiful graphics, some fun puzzles, music very Indiana-Jonesish. I did not experience the technical issues reported by others.

Nice touch at the finish, and maybe we DO know who the story-teller is.

Go to: