grma61
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by grma61 on Feb 19, 11 8:53 AM
pvsquare wrote:
LaDish wrote:
Tabbitha53 wrote:As soon as I hit 'Play' I get the access denied message.I have reinstalled 3 times now but still getting the same error message.

A reinstall usually fixes any games I get a problem with but sadly not this time.

Any advice gratefully recieved

ty

tabby

here, too, tabby
I am getting the same message. What a bummer. I hope you get this fixed.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Feb 19, 11 8:59 AM
I am also having the access violation problem. I tried rebooting computer and reinstalling game with no success. I had a feeling it had something to do with quitting the game and trying to get back in, so put new profile in and stopped game at a different point. When I tried to restart game, the game came up with the same access violation. Hope it gets fixed soon because I was enjoying playing while it lasted.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Feb 19, 11 9:07 AM
Hi
Add me to the Access Violation Error thread.
Funny thing is that I could play the trial version of the Collectors Edition of this game.
I am soo glad that I didn't just go ahead and buy this game on the pres day sale before running the hour trial, Nearly did!!!
Lots of tech issues with many games now. Shame as 2 years ago I could play every game that BFG brought out and they call this progress. lol
hope to keep gaming,
Hazel x

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 19, 11 9:14 AM
Hazel53Xby wrote:Hi
Add me to the Access Violation Error thread.
Funny thing is that I could play the trial version of the Collectors Edition of this game.
I am soo glad that I didn't just go ahead and buy this game on the pres day sale before running the hour trial, Nearly did!!!
Lots of tech issues with many games now. Shame as 2 years ago I could play every game that BFG brought out and they call this progress. lol
hope to keep gaming,
Hazel x

Alas, access violation hit right after clicking on "start game". What a disappointment. I didn't have any trouble with the CE either. Please apply your BF resources to this problem. Thank you.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Feb 19, 11 9:14 AM
BFG I am 65 and sometimes have a lapse in memory. Could I get credit for this game as I had forgotten I purchased the special edition to this game. If this is not where I can receive help regarding this issue, please tell me where to go. No, no, no don't even think about telling me where you would like me to go.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Feb 19, 11 9:16 AM
well i downloaded this game and tried to play and got no response..so i shut down computer and restarted and tried again...said game was running.....so shut down ..restart and uninstalled....reinstalled game and same thing....am i nuts????

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Feb 19, 11 9:48 AM
Add me to the cant get to it to work.I had so wanted this game,but waited for regular game.I had read all the problems people were having.So after i loaded it I played 25 minutes in the free hour and went out of it .When i went back in to play it had that access error.Darn it I so liked this game and wanted it.So hoping they come up with a fix

walshar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by walshar on Feb 19, 11 10:00 AM
I've purchased this game and also getting the access violation message. Has anyone contacted customer service?

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Feb 19, 11 10:08 AM
Add me to the list too. Brand new computer too. I was going to buy it on sale for $4.99.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 19, 11 10:18 AM
Access violation here also.

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Feb 19, 11 10:37 AM
I own all of the previous Treasure Seekers games ..............imagine, I was able to purchase them and play same without any problems. This one, however, will not be added to my collection as I get the violation error, too. To test, I played the demo 30 minutes and deliberately exited, and reentered, hoping I would be among those who had no problems. Alas, this was not to be.

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Feb 19, 11 10:55 AM
Diamond71 wrote:Add me to the cant get to it to work.I had so wanted this game,but waited for regular game.I had read all the problems people were having.So after i loaded it I played 25 minutes in the free hour and went out of it .When i went back in to play it had that access error.Darn it I so liked this game and wanted it.So hoping they come up with a fix

Ditto

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 19, 11 10:59 AM
angelfishsb wrote:BFG I am 65 and sometimes have a lapse in memory. Could I get credit for this game as I had forgotten I purchased the special edition to this game. If this is not where I can receive help regarding this issue, please tell me where to go. No, no, no don't even think about telling me where you would like me to go.

You need to write to Customer Support (or, if a Game Club member, you can talk to Live Chat on Monday when they are open again).

[Post New]by dippyd on Feb 19, 11 11:01 AM
I changed my profile name to play the game and it worked.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Feb 19, 11 11:44 AM
I am trying to run the game on my laptop (Vista) but got the access violation message when I tried to continue playing the demo after a break. I tried sgain after adjusting the screen size but got the same message. This is the first time any of the 80 or so games I have downloaded from BFG had a problem.

[Post New]by evanskl on Feb 19, 11 12:03 PM
I've tried every trick in this thread....still getting the access violation! Looks like a great game, but can't be great if it won't run....booo.

Please help BF!!!

[Post New]by luvMyrtleBch on Feb 19, 11 12:57 PM
I too had an access violation. Did as several posters recommended. Uninstalled and then reinstalled and changed my profile. So far so good BUT not quite sure what to expect when I go to play again.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 19, 11 1:03 PM
Hi everyone!

If you're encountering an Access Violation when trying to play Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come, the steps in this help article may help resolve the issue:

Access Violation

If the trouble persists or if you have any questions on the steps, please contact our Customer Support team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help troubleshoot, and they can also gather pertinent information regarding the different systems that are being affected, which they can then send on further to the game's developers so that they can look at a potential fix.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Thanks Fishies!

-bfgDonau

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 19, 11 1:31 PM
bfgDonau wrote:Hi everyone!

If you're encountering an Access Violation when trying to play Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come, the steps in this help article may help resolve the issue:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/711">Access Violation</a>

If the trouble persists or if you have any questions on the steps, please contact our Customer Support team with a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/142687.page">Dr. Felix Report</a>. They can help troubleshoot, and they can also gather pertinent information regarding the different systems that are being affected, which they can then send on further to the game's developers so that they can look at a potential fix.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “<a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_game_club.php">My Game Club</a>" page.

Thanks Fishies!

-bfgDonau

There are so many fishies on here with the same issue and this pre-written jargon is all BF can come up with! This is not the proper approach in getting us help by sending us all off to CS. If there were only one or two with this issue, that would be different. But there are quite a few! It feels as if you came in here to make your post, lock the threads, and just leave. If this were a CE game that everyone paid more money for, I bet that this issue would be given a lot more consideration. Instead it was pop in, post, wipe your hands of it all then leave. On top of it, this is Sat, there is no one available in CS or anyone in Live Chat available until Monday.
Just because we paid a lot less, and just because no one in CS is available until Monday, does not mean we should be left hanging with the pre-written tech post that we see all the time when someone has a tech problem. It would have been nice if perhaps you'd be able to assure us that this is being looked into or will be looked into. Instead, it's left in OUR laps. And that is just wrong.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 19, 11 2:25 PM
Hi rhonayotte,

We do have Customer Support representatives working all weekend over email and we definitely do want to get this issue resolved for everyone.

The Forums are a great place to go to check for trends regarding technical issues, but they are not well suited for the type of information gathering that is needed for troubleshooting or escalating a problem with a game to its developers. This, however, is where our tech team excels!

To help them get to the root of the issue as quickly as possible, any information (such as a Dr. Felix Report ) that customers encountering the issue can send in to them will really come in handy.

If the moderation team receives more information regarding the game or an update to the game, we will be sure to post here to let everyone know.

Hope this helps to clarify!

Best regards,

-bfgDonau

Go to: