Mata Hari

Re:Mata Hari

[Post New]by h2owishin on Dec 9, 08 9:51 AM
Take the key and open the cabinet drawers in the order 1-6. then the picture opens and there is another puzzle. Hope that helps.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Dec 9, 08 9:57 AM
firestone1960 wrote:
did not like this one at all...
only played 15 mins of it - couldn't take anymore.
didn't really like the way it looked either.

I absolutely agree firestone.

I didn't have any problems loading or playing (on Vista) just didn't like it at all

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Dec 9, 08 10:18 AM
I downloaded this one with high hopes ... only to have my hopes dashed !! I do not like games that have all these dialogue and popup windows. So, it's not a purchase for me, darn it.

[Post New]by Cuddlycoala on Dec 9, 08 10:49 AM
this is a big no! did not like this game not one bit. Waaay too frustrating for fun.

[Post New]by innerbeauty on Dec 9, 08 11:41 AM
Ummm..no

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Dec 9, 08 11:42 AM
cesse47 wrote:I downloaded this one with high hopes ... only to have my hopes dashed !! I do not like games that have all these dialogue and popup windows. So, it's not a purchase for me, darn it.

I'm with you cesse, darn it is right!

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Dec 9, 08 11:48 AM
Again you fish have saved me from losing an hour of my life.
Thanks.
giggyann

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 9, 08 11:49 AM
Cuddlycoala wrote:Sits drumming fingers on the keyboard while waiting for game to download. I fear that I agree with a number of people in here that after RTR there won't be another game comparable....sigh...Have we been spoiled???

I'm afraid you may be right. Although, I thought the same thing after Nancy Drew Dossiers. Then Return to Ravenhearst blew THAT out of the water.

According to another site's casual news, developers are taking note and working on more sophisticated games like RtoR.

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Dec 9, 08 12:09 PM
No this game is not for me. I also had high hopes. I gave it the full 60 mins. Definatly not a keeper Here is hoping for tommorrow!!

cjarrett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cjarrett on Dec 9, 08 1:50 PM
minxs wrote:I downloaded Sherlock Holmes and the Persian Carpet yesterday and had trouble with the cursor moving slowly. I believe Mata Hari is from the same developer? It sounds the same, with dialogue boxes and popup windows.

Where do you get a game mouse??? That sounds like something I could use! Christmas is coming, la la, la la...

I've only started playing large file games recently and I wonder if having so many loaded onto my computer is slowing things at all. Anyone have an idea about this? I could uninstall some that I've finished and reinstall them if I want to play again.

This is a good question . . . I've been wondering the same thing. Would deleting some of these large game files be beneficial?

cjarrett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cjarrett on Dec 9, 08 1:53 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Just played the trial and it's an okay game. Had no troubles with it and the only aggravating thing I had with the cursor - it doesn't appear in the dialogue screen and you have to take it upon yourself to just click to proceed.

Would I purchase it? No. Don't think so. Not at this time.

Hi. . . .for you or anyone else who has finished this game. . . . .could you help me with that darned star in level 7. . . .I'll keep trying, but in the event I still don't get it, any advice is appreciated.

Edited on 12/09/2008 at 2:10:26 PM PST

cjarrett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cjarrett on Dec 9, 08 2:11 PM
no matter how i attempt this star in level seven, i can only get six of the eight points. Help!, please........................never mind. funny how after i become frustrated enough to post help info, i then have a tendency of solving it. . .. .anyone else do this?

Edited on 12/09/2008 at 2:16:39 PM PST

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Dec 9, 08 2:15 PM
I downloaded it last night and I kind of like it.
Hate the dialoge and the pop up stuff.
Love the graphics.
Had a heck of a time figuring out how to punch the holes into the punch card (didn't realize I had to drag them into the puzzle piece below) but really enjoyed the game as a whole. The puzzles are fun, although I skipped a few of them just to see how the game would go.
I'm thinking about buying it, but I haven't even finished RTR....

Thanks for the tips, Sassy!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 9, 08 4:09 PM
cjarrett wrote:no matter how i attempt this star in level seven, i can only get six of the eight points. Help!, please........................never mind. funny how after i become frustrated enough to post help info, i then have a tendency of solving it. . .. .anyone else do this?

ALWAYS!

I was thinking, reading all these reviews, how very very different we all are in taste. I freakin' LOVE this game. It has been a while since I was so challenged by puzzles (that star one drove me nuts, then had that, ah ha! DUH! moment Even RTR only had a couple that really had me going. Not finished yet (haven't fired it up yet today) and have loved every mind bending moment. I think the graphics are wonderful (I do like high resolution, realistic graphics) and while the "paper doll" aspect was a bit hokey, I thought she was pretty and I *still* play with dolls. I really liked Sherlock Holmes: Persian Carpet and this has a very similar feel. I knew from the start it wasn't going to be a long one and I didn't care. Have said it often: I'd *much* rather having something really good that lasts 2 hours than mediocre that last days. I still say:

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Dec 9, 08 4:45 PM
firestone1960 wrote:
did not like this one at all...
only played 15 mins of it - couldn't take anymore.
didn't really like the way it looked either.

I didn't even play that long, really didn't like the looks of it, lost interest quickly.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Dec 9, 08 6:21 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
minxs wrote:Where do you get a game mouse??? That sounds like something I could use! Christmas is coming, la la, la la...

I pursonally use a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse "The Gamer's Choice" (at least according to the box ) It has 3 speeds (which are programmable) for your cursor and you can just click through them, slow, med, and fast. I had to do this on Azada 2 I remember, as well as this one. It also has 2 extra programmable buttons besides the usual 2 (so far only use those in World of Warcraft) and the click on the wheel. It also came with a set of weights you can put into a little recepticle beneath, but I think that's getting a bit nuts qand I like my mice(?) very light so don't use them.

If you google "gamer mouse" you'll see lots of places to check many out. I highly recommend reading reviews a Cnet or wherever. And expect to pay some money. Oh, another thing, don't play games with wireless if any kind of response time is needed.

Thank you so much! It sounds VERY cool! And even if it's pricey, well, my husband can never figure out what to get me for Christmas.

You know, I'm playing ALL my games on a wireless laptop! So that's causing some of the slowness, you think? The thing is, I can't play on a regular PC since I can't sit for any length of time -- had a collapsed fracture of the spine a while back, and although it healed, I have pain if I sit too long. I play games on my laptop lying in bed with my knees propped up in the approved back support position.

I suppose this laptop could be set up to work without wireless... I will ask my son, who's a computer professional.

Thanks so much for that tidbit of information -- it could be even more helpful than the gamer mouse! (Although I think I WANT one of those regardless!)

Gosh, everyone here is SO helpful! It's great to find this place. I've been a BF Game Club subscriber for more than a year and never knew about the forums until recently (well, I guess they didn't exist in this format until recently anyway).

Cheers,

Minxs

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Dec 9, 08 6:40 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed with the game. Ugh. Too much dialogue, not enough game play. Too many decrypted messages, couldn't care less about how she dresses or how she uses her feminine wiles (those were different times but really, sexist much?). I find that when I'm skipping out of puzzles, and using the hint button a lot rather than think it through, I'm not inclined to spend 25 cents on the game. This was one of those times. Double ugh.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Dec 9, 08 7:19 PM
My wife and I just started playing this game, we have only completed 2 levels and found it an interesting game but the puzzles seem like very difficult. I had problems with using the punch card but eventually figured it out. the key to solving this is to get the code book from the library using the correct colour sequence and then getting the code and then punch it in on card. It looks like it will get even more difficult but we are going to try playing the entire game, hopefully we will not lose our sanity trying.You will probably see me asking for assistance quite a bit. One last thing I did not have any computer problems so far. I suggest that anyone having a computer problem with a game they should check the system requirements for the game. I also had a video card installed in my computer and now I have no problems playing any games. Not trying to be sarcastic only helpfull.

Edited on 12/09/2008 at 7:38:26 PM PST

cyndidd
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cyndidd on Dec 9, 08 8:39 PM
Well, I downloaded the thing, twice! Can't get it to run properly. I was hoping someone else was having the same prob, so I'd know how to fix it. All I am getting is a black screen. On the right are words (Play, Exit, and so forth). I can move my cursor to them, but I only know it is there when the button lights up. I cannot see my cursor. Really wish I could try this one out. Any suggestions? Oh, I am running XP

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Dec 9, 08 11:13 PM
Mysteryne1, have you worked with the BF tech support to see if they can address the problems you're having? I'm sorry you are running into so much difficulty with the games you want to play.

mysteryne1 wrote:[b] THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!! JUST LIKE THE PERSION CARPET. MATA HARI PLAYS FINE FOR THE DEMO, I BUY IT, AND NOW THE MOUSE IS SO ERRATIC AND SLOOOOWWW THAT I CAN'T GET TO READ THE FILE CODE EVEN IF I KNEW HOW!!!!! PERSIAN CARPET DID THE SAME THING AFTER I RE-INSTALLED IT BUT I'M FROZEN IN LIMBO AT THE CEMENT FACTORY NOW. I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY BOTH OF THESE GAMES.
ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS? YOU WOULD THINK WITH SO MANY OF US HAVING THIS DILEMA THAT BFG OR FROGWARES WOULD ADDRESS THIS ISSUE. HELP, PLEEEAAASSEEE!!!!!!!

Go to: