dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery

[Post New]by dootney on Feb 21, 11 5:03 AM
Hi fishies, did a little of the Demo. As the reviewers said G. Duck, Dr Good, Casual Gran etc. , agree with everything you said but Im sorry, the second that spindle comes out, Im completely turned off. I couldnt even get myself together to even try the first puzzle. Maybe im having a bad day or something. Have fun everybody.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 21, 11 5:13 AM
Played for a bit, and would consider purchasing it, especially on sale, but I'd really like to glance at a walkthrough first to think about length, etc. I'm sure there will be one before the end of the day.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 21, 11 5:37 AM
I've got 3 of the 8 relics so far, and I just finished the demo. For $4.99 it looks like a nice game length. The game is easy (I can't see it needing a walkthrough, so I don't expect one to show up) but it looks like I'll get about 3 hours of game play out of it, so at the sale price it seems like a well worth it.

Happy gaming, everyone!

[Post New]by melly_melons on Feb 21, 11 6:33 AM
Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy disappointed, bought the game, why? I don't know!! Following my trial period of 1 hour.. I only had 15 more minutes of play.. why don't people make long difficult games anymore!!!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 21, 11 6:38 AM
I agree with the reviewers here; this is a nice clean easy to play game. I know that some think it is too easy but we also have to think of gamers who are only just starting out, not all games should be so difficult that one has to use a walkthrough in the first ten minutes.

I am playing on the 'harder' mode & am enjoying myself, the little dog as the hint is unusual & really cute.

The only downside for me is the music but I just turn it off & play my own.

With the sale on this is worth a buy.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 21, 11 6:50 AM
Poutoule wrote:Nice, clear, easy. A bit too easy probably as I got slightly bored after 40 minutes and uninstalled the game. I guess I've been spoiled by too many good games lately. It is a nice game but it definitely lacks something to keep it interesting (at least for me). Enjoy.

oi agree with you poutoule. too easy, too short. a no buy for me

[Post New]by lopezalt on Feb 21, 11 6:53 AM
Hi! Here in Spain I´m enjoying the game....
Agree with most of the posts, bought the game after 15 minutes demo play.
But I'm stuck with the grandfather clock and 19:27 - can you help me?
Thanks!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 21, 11 7:25 AM
Well I played the demo and then deleted it. I find this game way too easy and kind of boring. I hope those who bought it enjoy it.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 21, 11 8:00 AM
I just finished the demo and enjoyed it. This is the first game I've been interested in during the President's day sale so I'm going to buy it. Thanks BF for providing me with one I like.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 21, 11 8:10 AM
Thank you, BFG for giving us a good game that isn't a CE. It's been a long dry spell for me.

I like the game and will buy it but wanted to check the WT to see the length of the game... but alas... the link takes you no where.... or is this part of the mystery?

Colors are beautifully bright... just what my tired eyes need. The game isn't terribly hard so for me that is refreshing because my brain needs a rest too. Yet, it isn't so easy as to be geared toward children or so easy that it becomes boring.

Good story, cute dog. The moves so far have been logical as opposed to some games where to get a knife you have to take a hammer and hit a tree 4 times....
Who knew??

Mini games are good too. I think this game will sell well.

PS... if the WT shows the game is as short as a few have said it is, I may make a note to wait for it to appear as a DD.

Edited on 02/21/2011 at 8:15:27 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 21, 11 8:12 AM
lopezalt wrote:Hi! Here in Spain I´m enjoying the game....
Agree with most of the posts, bought the game after 15 minutes demo play.
But I'm stuck with the grandfather clock and 19:27 - can you help me?
Thanks!

highlight between the smileys for the answer

19.27 is international time, actually its 7.27

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 21, 11 8:24 AM
Bought it. Got as far as the antique shop when the game froze. I actually had to turn off my computer because I couldn't do anything else. Not happy. Going to the green envelope, now.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 21, 11 8:26 AM
I like it. This is a totally personal thing, but my favorite was the dog. It looks like a Westie. We had one when I was a kid, what a sweet dog. Other than that I don't have anything to add. Have fun, Y'all.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Feb 21, 11 8:27 AM
Only thing for me is that stupid yappy dog. I'm not keen on dogs to start with and have neighbors who let theirs yap all the time. Note to dog owners, we don't all want to share yours! All in all quite a nice game though.
Sits back and waits for dog owners to all say "mine don't"

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 21, 11 8:54 AM
I wasn't expecting much but this is actually a very nice game. The graphics aren't stunningly beautiful but they're clear and good looking and perfectly suited for the story. The story itself is fine, the music isn't annoying and although it hasn't completely stumped me, playing on "advanced" is giving me enough of a challenge to be enjoyable.

Great deal with the holiday price, too. Thanks BFG.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 21, 11 8:56 AM
Very nice ihog, maybe a little bit to easy for some other fishies. A buy for me with the sale

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 21, 11 8:57 AM
doctorgood wrote:I agree with casualgran that it's a well made colorful game that loads and plays very well.

The cursor is indestructible so click away! The hint system recharges in 45 seconds and is a cute little dog (which I think you'll like Marie.)
The puzzles are very basic. Jig saw and swap the pieces to make a picture (whatever the name of that type is) so far. I haven't ran into any STD's yet!!! Are we thrilled or what!
It is not 3-D which is fine but I would have thought a game this size would have been.

I'm not going to repeat what casualgran has said and be redundant. It's a game well worth playing..
I rate it 3 out of 5
Dr.good
edited for dumb mistake.

Thank you and yes he is cute. Where have I seen him before?

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Feb 21, 11 9:05 AM
It was a nice game to play, especially after some to the "dogs' we've seen on here lately. Hint, Hint, BF! Thought it was a bit simple, but enjoyed the demo. Doubt I'll buy it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 21, 11 9:36 AM
This is a nice simple game. Nice clear graphics. Decided to buy, had to get at least one game before the sale runs out.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 21, 11 10:08 AM
It's funny seeing all the comments about how easy this game is when there are quite a few threads asking for hints and a walkthrough.

Go to: