What a RIPOFF!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:What a RIPOFF!

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 4, 11 9:03 PM
This has to be my fave game so far... but I do agree that they should have labeled it as Part 1 or something similar. It's not the same as a sequel because that implies that the first was a stand alone story (Star Wars for example) but this really isn't a stand alone since the whole story is the search for the sun potion and you're only halfway there when it ends. At least this time they made the description and the walkthru only cover the portion included. lol.

[Post New]by PomPrincessRose on Mar 5, 11 11:17 AM
This should have been labeled part 1 for sure to avoid customer confusion/disappointment. Other than that, I really enjoyed it - the characters were great as was the artwork and I liked the various games - none of them were too difficult, but I will be very disappointed if part 2 doesn't come out VERY soon. My concern is that I will forget what part 1 was about and where it ended by the time part 2 comes out. Then what? Play part 1 all over again? I really don't like to replay games all that much. So I hope part 2 will be out VERY soon.

tatoofizz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tatoofizz on Mar 5, 11 12:45 PM
A BIG RIPOFF!
It is not honest. First time I see sth like that in Big Fish.

I felt so silly in the end when I knew it had only 4 episodes!
I'll consider another place to buy games.
It doesn't matter if the game is good or not - the point is thet didn't label the game as part I .

I'd like to read an answer from Big Fish or the game designers.

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Mar 5, 11 2:27 PM
I am not happy with this game at all. I must be really stupid after reading all the raves here in the forum. Usually I can get help in a walkthrough, but, this time the walkthrough missed a lot. I am still in chapter 1 and can't get through the secret door in the cemetery. I cannot find the code. The walkthrough doesn't even show it. The story line is cute, but I am very frustrated. Any help out there? I can understand everyone's unhappiness about the length of the game, but it seems BF is selling games that aren't 100% for the last couple of month's.There are more bad ones that good ones. I like BF and also their customer service, but they need to listen to their buyers. Just my opinion.

1MAMMA
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 1MAMMA on Mar 5, 11 5:51 PM
As stated so many posts before, I to was very disapointed. The game is quite good, the hidden object scenes are actually pretty easy compared to other games (they really should be more challenging). The mini games weren't to challenging either but the story is great. I was shocked when the game ended, and stared at the monitor thinking I was missing something or didn't understand something but yep, the game ended. There are other games that do complete the story or quest and yes they are long like the Nancy drew and MCF games. Shame shame on BF for not listing the game as a part 1 or something of the like. I guess this can only be chaulked up to a learning experience and we HAVE to look to the forums for each new game (what a total bummer). That kind of makes me feel like I am asking mom if its ok to get the game or not and I have to prove it a good buy eventhough I am 40 years old myself. As stated in a earlier post, two opposable thumbs down.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 6:21:24 PM PST

[Post New]by mama2james on Mar 6, 11 5:44 AM
Great game! Until it ended abruptly with no climax or resolution whatsoever. For someone who plays these games for the storyline as much as the game play, I feel like I definitely wasted a game credit and 4 hours of my life on this one! The end was so awkward that I actually thought my inability to get past episode 4 was a technical glitch! Next time, please mention that the game is incomplete in the description so I can AVOID it, and keep my good opinion of your site.

CRAP.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Mar 19, 11 11:47 PM
Hey Krinneyd: This is an excellent game club site. I have never had any trouble with this club. The techs are all very helpful if you e them with a question. And as far as buying the game and then being extremely pi..ed off (please watch your language), try reading some of the comments in the forums before you make the final decision to buy a game. You might read a lot of good things, and then again, you can also see what people don't like about the game. If you think you can do better with another site, good luck. I've read some horror stories from people who tried "cheaper" unreliable sites and ended up with viruses. This is a safe and secure site.

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Mar 21, 11 2:04 PM
I don't believe the game itself was a ripoff. It was a great game. Loved everything about it (graphics were good, voice overs were surprisingly good, characters were nice, HOG screens were easy to see) and don't regret spending a credit on it. It's one of the few games that has grabbed my attention since the beginning of this year.

I do wish it would have been labeled as part one or had 'will continue' in it's description or something. It would have been nice to let us know this was just a part of the whole. I figured it was the entire game going in.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Mar 21, 11 2:34 PM
corbs123 wrote:I bought this game and loved playing it, yes a bit dissapointed at the ending but not the end of the world, got next one to look forward to. I thought it was good value for the money.
totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by pooh22712 on Mar 23, 11 3:01 PM
I also agree it was a rip-off!! I paid 7 dollars for 1/2 a game....Totally disappointed!!When the next part comes out are we expected to pay another 7 bucks? Not cool!!!

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 25, 11 7:07 PM
It's ok that it's a partial game, as long as it has reasonable length. But as the first posters say, it would be proper to say, "Part One" or such, like in the Godfather movies. People need to understand that the story will not be finished by the end.

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Apr 12, 11 12:10 PM
I don´t recall this happening before! Sure there have been games ending with "to be continued" but that has been after finding the item one was looking for, or at least the place it was supposed to be at. Usually the next game then has a different mission, such as use the item you spent this game looking for or find the location it had been transferred to. This ending came totally out of the blue! No warning whatsoever!
I wouldn´t really call it a ripoff since I got a full game´s worth of play out of it, that is it took me about 4 hours to finish and I really enjoyed it, but I like my stories to end, at least the storyarch I´m following. I was rather expecting to find the sun potion and then finding out something sinister about my "boss" or something like that. I did not expect this. I hope the sequel comes out soon!

This kind of reminds me of when I went to see "Fellowship of the Ring" at the cinema. I overheard a girl saying how she didn´t like the ending because "it didn´t feel like an ending at all". In that case at least I knew it was part 1 of 3!

Edited on 04/12/2011 at 12:12:06 PM PST

[Post New]by LisaMarie41 on Apr 23, 11 10:28 AM
I'm angry because I played a free trial, and got through 3 chapters, loved them so much I BOUGHT the game essentially for ONE CHAPTER. Had I known it wasn't the full series, I wouldn't have paid money for 20 minutes of game. I do feel like it was misrepresented and wish I could get refunded.

[Post New]by MorriFauna on Jun 25, 11 7:55 AM
I didn't know I should be offended and angry until I came by this post.

Aparently, while I was enthralled with the story; enjoying the music, the puzzels, and graphics, I was *supposed* to be pissed off.

Thanks for letting me know I'm supposed to feel ripped off and pissed.

Up until this point, I completely enjoyed the storyline, puzzels, music, and game play. It was, bar-none, the best BFG I had played yet--love, love, loved it.

I couldn't wait for part two. Now I guess I'm supposed to demand my six dollars back and be furious. Aparently, I have nothing better to do with my life.

I guess what they say is true, misery loves company.

Maybe I'll put it all in perspective and just ask when is part two coming out so I can work myself into a complete lather over it.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Oct 6, 11 12:16 PM
this game is hard, even when exiting out to check the walkthrough...it was difficult, way above my league I guess...thankfully I read the posts before buying games as I too wouldn't have been happy if only four chapters and it said to be continued..and what is with the five dollar bill, I used it like it said the the hint tells me I still need to use it..I got out and restarted under a different profile and the same message...

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Oct 10, 11 3:23 AM
I agree, I wish it would have told me that but I did really love the game and I will be buying the 2nd part.

I just wish I knew more about the 2nd parts release date, but hopefully it will be soon.

Great game in my opinion and 1 game credit is not bad for the beautiful graphics, spooky audio, and great story. It was spooky, quirky and very different format than most HOGS.

It was done like a comic mini series and I thought that was a great change of pace.
Hurry with the rest.

[Post New]by Conbaby on Aug 9, 14 7:45 PM
Wishing I had read this before using a credit...

dancehawk
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by dancehawk on Aug 18, 14 7:28 PM
Great game for the first 4 episode's then bammm no more game what a rip off this is.
Big fish you need to screen your games better guys.

[Post New]by simonthedog on Dec 11, 14 1:58 PM
I agree. I had NO IDEA that this was a partial game. I feel cheated, as well. Why wasn't that made clear when purchasing the game? There is nothing in the description that indicates this is only a partial game. Bad form, Big Fish. I will be asking for a refund.

[Post New]by Ironic_Twist on Dec 16, 14 7:26 PM
Wondering now how all those satisfied users from 2011 are feeling? Now that we're closing in on 2015 and the sequel still hasn't been published...? For the record, I, too, bought this game three years ago. I wasn't too concerned. I was willing to pay for the second half, figuring it wouldn't be long. But now...now I'm aggravated.

Go to: