WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 27, 11 9:43 PM
floridagrannie wrote:Has anyone else had a problem in the Vine Room? I cannot get the silver fountain disc until I have opened the doors and gone into the cave. When I come back out, the pool where the disc should go is full of water and water is running down the wall. I can get the fountain disc AFTER I've gone into the cave, but cannot use it and so very stuck. I have deleted and redownloaded, played in casual and hard mode. Same thing everytime. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi floridagrannie! I have some SPOILERS below, so please highlight the white text with your cursor to read:
Have you placed the lever on the outside of the door to the Vine Room? You can use the lever to switch the room from viney to non-viney and turn the water from flowing down the doorway and across the floor to just staying in the fountain. If you haven't found the lever yet, then you may need to do some other things before you can place the disc.

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by floridagrannie on Feb 27, 11 10:23 PM
Thank you! I'll give it a try.

[Post New]by Aelfick_Wolf on Feb 28, 11 1:01 AM
ok i have completed the game twice and told me both times the hard mode was unlocked. but when i press the play button both times, the crown was never in my inventory. Can anyone help with this dilemma?

Gamersown
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Gamersown on Feb 28, 11 2:39 AM
looks great cant wait to play it!!!!!

[Post New]by llewis46 on Feb 28, 11 4:50 AM
please,please help>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I've been stuck w/ the jars in tree??,I have all 5,yet I can't generate puzzle game @ tree,to get the frog??can anyone help

Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by llewis46 on Feb 28, 11 5:41 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

please help, i'm stuck at the tree w/ the glas containers, i can't get the puzzle to start,i have all the jars,what am i doing wrong, please help

[Post New]by nanamomma411 on Feb 28, 11 7:30 AM
I am at the boat and need an oar. Where is it?

[Post New]by nanamomma411 on Feb 28, 11 7:32 AM
I really don't know where to go to find this oar? I am at the dock outside the greenhouse and need to cross over in a boat. I don't see the oar indicated in the strategy guide.

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 7:34:44 AM PST

SnodgrassP
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by SnodgrassP on Feb 28, 11 5:39 PM
I just purchased this game. I tried the trial and loved it. However, when it finally finished downloading, installing and activating I got a message that there was an error in downloading. Now it's starting all over again. Anybody have this problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 28, 11 7:21 PM
nanamomma411 wrote:I really don't know where to go to find this oar? I am at the dock outside the greenhouse and need to cross over in a boat. I don't see the oar indicated in the strategy guide.

SPOILER (highlight with cursor to read):
It's in the swan princess room with the ballerina dress. It is on the right by the bouquet of flowers.

Hope you find it!

zizie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by zizie on Mar 1, 11 6:42 AM
HI Im stuck. Where can i find Secret Tree Disc??

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 1, 11 4:59 PM
zizie wrote:HI Im stuck. Where can i find Secret Tree Disc??

If you're playing the game for the first time, you cannot get the Secret Tree Disc. You will get it during your second game. You do not need it to complete your first game.

Rebait
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Can't find knife in the cave.

[Post New]by Rebait on Mar 2, 11 5:14 AM
I am only in the sample (actually the time is up). Was unable to find knife to cut vines. My scene did not seem to match up with the SG. I like this game and want to continue but there seem to be some technical issues so perhaps I should wait for a update????

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Mar 2, 11 2:05 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I purchased this game today and really like it. The only problem I have with it is the walkthrough. It does not explain where to find all the objects needed to do a part of the game. This is very disappointing. I think the person doing it was mixing up the hard game pointers with the relaxed version which I am doing. I like taking my time.

Aloha fellow fishies ~ I bought the game yesterday, after playing the demo and loving it! Mostly I am really happy with the game, although I have to say that the in-game Strategy Guide is a big FAIL! It's poorly done, has many missing steps left out, and the scene-shots are so small you really can't see much of what's going on, and/or what the person who wrote the guide is trying to show and tell you. Bad planning, Devs, and bad execution of the SG. Otherwise, (well except some things accessible in the HARD MODE, for which you have to play the REGULAR MODE before you can access, which is also a FAIL, in my book) otherwise, I love this game. It's interesting story-line and wonderful graphics is what enticed me to buy this in the first place, and it doesn't disappoint you for those things. So all in all, I'm happy with this game, I just wish the Devs had taken more time to work on the SG, and the above mentioned in-game access problems, like the crown for the Frog Prince, etc. Oh yeah, I like to take my time in games, too, lol ~

lssubabe
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lssubabe on Mar 2, 11 2:56 PM
Aelfick_Wolf wrote:ok i have completed the game twice and told me both times the hard mode was unlocked. but when i press the play button both times, the crown was never in my inventory. Can anyone help with this dilemma?

I'm having the same issue. I've gone through each area several times to make sure I didn't miss anything. After the sequence of rooms after I rescue the girl, it just takes me back to the main menu. I hit play and I go back to the final objective, rescue. I have seen several people having this problem and the fact that we have not been offered ANY assistance on this is crap. If several people are having this problem, then it must be a technical issues because I doubt all of us are idiots.

Someone needs to get on the stick and assist us in fixing this so we can finish the game!

kcasey57
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by kcasey57 on Mar 2, 11 7:42 PM
floridagrannie wrote:Has anyone else had a problem in the Vine Room? I cannot get the silver fountain disc until I have opened the doors and gone into the cave. When I come back out, the pool where the disc should go is full of water and water is running down the wall. I can get the fountain disc AFTER I've gone into the cave, but cannot use it and so very stuck. I have deleted and redownloaded, played in casual and hard mode. Same thing everytime. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

kcasey57
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by kcasey57 on Mar 2, 11 7:44 PM
in the vine room to place the silver fountain disc you need to exit the room switch the lever on left hand side and re enter room....it will stop the water and allow you to place your disc

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 2, 11 10:22 PM
Indigo_Frost wrote:

Mostly I am really happy with the game, although I have to say that the in-game Strategy Guide is a big FAIL! It's poorly done, has many missing steps left out, and the scene-shots are so small you really can't see much of what's going on, and/or what the person who wrote the guide is trying to show and tell you.

Did you try clicking on the pictures? They will enlarge in another window.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 2, 11 10:26 PM
lssubabe wrote:
Aelfick_Wolf wrote:ok i have completed the game twice and told me both times the hard mode was unlocked. but when i press the play button both times, the crown was never in my inventory. Can anyone help with this dilemma?

I'm having the same issue. I've gone through each area several times to make sure I didn't miss anything. After the sequence of rooms after I rescue the girl, it just takes me back to the main menu. I hit play and I go back to the final objective, rescue. I have seen several people having this problem and the fact that we have not been offered ANY assistance on this is crap. If several people are having this problem, then it must be a technical issues because I doubt all of us are idiots.

Someone needs to get on the stick and assist us in fixing this so we can finish the game!

Forums are mostly for gamers to share tips, reviews and help one another. If you are having a true technical issue (which it sounds as though you are!) it is best to contact BFG directly by using the green envelope to the right of these posts. Otherwise they are pretty much unaware of the issue. They are very helpful once they are alerted! Good luck! Please let us know if you get it fixed - it may help others with the same problem.

[Post New]by frenchsilk on Mar 3, 11 3:39 PM
jdelbove wrote:
bpurdum2 wrote:The Strategy Guide is missing some directions for the relaxed mode. It does not tell where to find the golden crown for the frog but does for the hard mode. It does not explain where to find the frog shaped emblem but tells the hard mode where to place it. These errors are not very helpful when stuck and cannot find the needed items to finish the tiaras and potion jars. Does anyone else know where to find these items? I need the frog shaped emblem for the armory and do not know where to find it. I have been all over the cave, rooms and cottage and not a clue. Thank you

I am having the same exact problem

Go to: