KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by KelLew34 on Feb 24, 11 4:36 AM
My favorite type of Hidden Object game-finding pieces of objects.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 4:36:58 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 4:42 AM
CasualGran wrote:Thanks Peglegann! Well, after 15 minutes of the demo I stopped to buy this wonderful successor of Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose. It has everything a great game should offer: A thrilling story and atmosphere, beautiful artwork and crystal clear graphics plus a number of challenging tasks and puzzles along the way. Bravo devs! When it comes to me: love at first sight!

There's only one mode to play and it comes with sparkles, which, for a number of fishies, could be a bit of a letdown. I personally don't care, sucker for eyecandy as I am. This IHOG/FROG will be played slowwwly to enjoy everytthing there is to see, do and hear, I can assure you!

The Hidden Object scenes are crystalclear, objects are easy to find.
There will be puzzles, inventive and original. The first one was pleasantly challenging, so I expect they will all be.

This TGT is A WINNER, if you ask me, worth the CE price.

Happy Gaming fishies!

Sorry, I contradicted you earlier, you are correct, the hard mode can only be played after the game is finished.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Feb 24, 11 4:49 AM
Well, after 7 minutes of play, I can say this is an absolute must for me. I just want to get the whole thing downloaded and start to play properly as soon as possible.

The art work is absolutely stunning, and I would gladly use any of it as a screensaver/wallpaper. This is a game, judging from the small part I've played, that is enthralling, intriguing and beautiful. I can only say WOW

If you loved Briar Rose, you will be drooling over this one

Blue Tea Games (Developers) - 10X Stunning

Now just have to wait for the download to finish!

[Post New]by yvetteb_007 on Feb 24, 11 5:00 AM
I would just like to say thank you to Goofyduck77, CasualGran and Peglegann for the fantastic reviews that you provide to me an old fishie but a normally non posting one. DrGood you keep me in stitches with your humour. I look forward to to the forum everyday to see what you all have to say about the TGT.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 5:02:11 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 5:05 AM
yvetteb_007 wrote:I would just like to say thank you to Goofyduck77, CasualGran and Peglegann for the fantastic reviews that you provide to me an old fishie but a normally non posting one. DrGood you keep me in stitches with your humour. I look forward to to the forum everyday to see what you all have to say about the TGT.

Welcome to the Pond

Thank you but My reviews are not too good, I leave it to the other experts and comedian that you mentioned. Enjoy the game if you are playing it.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 24, 11 5:10 AM
O dear, I think I can't wait til the first of march. It's so beautifull game.
Can I wait???

[Post New]by yvetteb_007 on Feb 24, 11 5:13 AM
peglegann wrote:
yvetteb_007 wrote:I would just like to say thank you to Goofyduck77, CasualGran and Peglegann for the fantastic reviews that you provide to me an old fishie but a normally non posting one. DrGood you keep me in stitches with your humour. I look forward to to the forum everyday to see what you all have to say about the TGT.

Welcome to the Pond

Thank you but My reviews are not too good, I leave it to the other experts and comedian that you mentioned. Enjoy the game if you are playing it.

I am doing the should I shouldn't I as I am on 11 punches at the moment but this is soooooo tempting.... I am at work now so I have time work on my argument to convince hubby that I have to have this game.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 24, 11 5:21 AM
Thank you, Margie! There goes one of my valid reasons for waiting until next month to buy....
If only we could talk BFG into giving us roll-overs on our punch cards, I'd be playing right now! But I just can't waste two punches when it's rare that I even fill one up. The President's Day sale caused me to bring my monthly total up to 5 games, so it's really bad timing for a CE purchase.
But this is one CE purchase I can hardly wait to make. Please do more of these Dark Parable games!

yvette - if you come up with a convincing argument that works on hubby, would you please pass it along so I can try it?

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 5:25:23 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 24, 11 5:33 AM
I tried, really I did. The story was intriguing, and the graphics are lovely, but I just hate FROGs. But, that's me, not the game. For anyone who likes FROGs, I'd say, "Go for it." This game's for you. It's just not for me.

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Feb 24, 11 5:36 AM
Great - it's payday, early off studies so plenty of time to play - and the ususal suspects reviews this game as 'buy-worthy', so I jumped in and bought without even having tried it - am sure it's worth everything!

EDIT: So far (chapter 3), so good. I like the Fragmented Hidden Objects instead of 'always' the regular HOG-scenes.
Graphics are beautiful!

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 6:57:01 AM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 24, 11 6:38 AM
The graphics are beautiful! The gameplay is IFRAG with minigames. The minigames are skippable, but you lose your hint for 5 minutes when you do. The story is based on an old fairytale, which is what this company did with The Curse of Briar Rose. The story is well written and engaging. After 32 minutes I finished the devs demo and can't wait to get this game.

This game is an A.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 6:39:13 AM PST

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 24, 11 6:39 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:O dear, I think I can't wait til the first of march. It's so beautifull game.
Can I wait???

I'm in the same boat as you, and it's tough. This game is fantastic, as I suspected it would be. I really liked Briar Rose and am thinking that this game has the potential to be even better. I only played the demo, but it went by super fast and I was so disappointed when it ended. The artwork is beautiful, the FROGs are challenging (so far it seems that they are harder than the ones in the last game), the puzzles have been fun and they are different than the puzzles in most other games(the puzzles were one of my favorite things about Briar Rose, and these seem just as good here), there is lots of interactiveness and that involves wandering around (which I love) and the atmosphere is creepy (love that too). The story has been really engrossing so far too.

But alas, I really shouldn't buy it until the 1st, and it is torturous for me that they released this at the end of the month, instead of at the beginning of next month. I only need to buy 1 more game to fill my punch card, and I hate wasting punches, which I would be doing if I bought this game before the 1st. I can't afford to buy 4 other games right now to fill up another punchcard, so the two punches leftover from this game would go to waste. But since I have such a strong desire to play this game right now, I might just let them waste. We'll have to see about that. Although I have other games that I can finish now instead, the desire to play this one seems stronger and I might just give in.

BTW, if you are not a FROG fan, and I am not usually one, try not to let it deter you from trying this game. There is a lot more to it than just FROG scenes.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Feb 24, 11 6:51 AM
It's now finished downloading. I may be missing for quite some time as this exquisite game is now ready & waiting to play.

If I'm not back in 2-3 days, don't bother sending out search parties, I am going to savour every scene, every morphing object, every beat of music and every puzzle in this game

Kel

Blue Tea rocks!

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Feb 24, 11 6:53 AM
Hi all,
I am a little confused. Some of you are saying about using your punch cards to purchase this game. I thought it said that you cannot use your punch cards to purchase CE's?? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Feb 24, 11 7:07 AM
This is a great game - beautiful, beautiful graphics. After Briar Rose I figured this would be a good one. Looks like a good length if I have to pay for a CE. It needs to be worth the extra money and it looks like it is.

Keep up the good work.

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Feb 24, 11 7:46 AM
At work but I can't wait to go home and download - luckily I can afford the CE and am closed to finishing two punch cards - sad when your credit card company calls me to verify game purchases and never hear of HOGS, they are so vigilant about fraud these days but I wonder if it is a sign that I purchase too many games.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 24, 11 7:47 AM
Lordshandmaiden wrote:Hi all,
I am a little confused. Some of you are saying about using your punch cards to purchase this game. I thought it said that you cannot use your punch cards to purchase CE's?? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.
We talk about the punchcard. Roxiestar and I have a punchcard with 5 punches. When we now going to buy we lose 2 punches. And that is a pitty.

Well, we have 4 days to decide. Maybe there are more nice games in februari that we can buy. And than I buy this wonderfull game.

I hope you understand me.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 7:47 AM
banor wrote:At work but I can't wait to go home and download - luckily I can afford the CE and am closed to finishing two punch cards - sad when your credit card company calls me to verify game purchases and never hear of HOGS, they are so vigilant about fraud these days but I wonder if it is a sign that I purchase too many games.

Yes. It could be a sign that you purchase too many games
Don't we all?

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by mmemubon on Feb 24, 11 7:50 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Well, this iFrog seems to be worthy of CE status. And yes, it is an iFrog, not an iHog. The music was appropriately suspenseful, and contains all the dark, spooky atmosphere a lot of fishies seem to enjoy. Since the story - a Chancellor’s daughter and her bodyguard go missing and an Inspector is enlisted to them - presents itself in a forest and “night-time” scenes, there are some dark scenes, but I really didn’t have that much trouble seeing what I needed to see. There were no special options, and the game did not fill my wide-screen monitor. According to the main menu, the extras were bonus puzzles, music, wallpaper, concept art, and a movie gallery. It did not mention any bonus “scenes”. The graphics were hand-drawn and some digital imaging I believe, and all was well done.

There is a regular mode and hard mode, but you don’t know there is a hard mode unless you access the Strategy Guide which IS available for this sample and you have the option to choose the hard mode there. I didn’t see where there was a description of what made the hard mode hard other than what I mentioned below only because I happened to run into it during one of the comments. There were no dialogue bubbles that you had to click through. Most of the time, there was a black bar appearing at the top indicating what you were clicking on or what you were supposed to be doing or what was going on. The only thing I discovered from the sample was that in the hard mode you cannot skip the puzzles.

It has the standard sparkles, magnifying glasses and arrows. There is a map, which is very useful, telling you where you are and where there is something to do. Clicking on the map will also show you the objectives you need to accomplish. The objectives are not overly-defined, but are helpful if you haven’t a clue what you need to do. I did not have to use the Strategy Guide although I did look through it to see how good it was. It appeared to be nicely laid out by chapter, bonus, etc.

All Frog (“H0") scenes consisted of finding fragmented pieces of an object which, once found, form an object which is placed into inventory to be used wherever. There is a 30-second recharge for the hints. Being a Frog, which I readily admit I’m not all that fond of, I was surprised that I was able to get through the Frog scenes with relatively little difficulty. The pieces are sometimes difficult to see due to the murkiness (for atmosphere no doubt) of the scene, with sometimes color-blending, but they were there and you can see them, even though some are small. There are morphing objects, which when found, recharges your hint faster. There are 20 to find.

The mini-puzzles were unique and not one I ran into was anything I’ve seen before, or at least don’t remember seeing which is a pleasant surprise. There is a skip which you do not have to wait for, but it does penalize you by locking your hint button for five minutes. In the hard mode, you cannot skip the puzzles. The one thing I did notice was that, unlike some games, you cannot place objects as you find them, you have to wait until you have all of the objects you collect along the way in order to solve the puzzle. I found 2 of 5 for one puzzle and none of 5 for another puzzle.

This is a great game - if you like iHog/Adventure games, and you love Frog scenes instead of H0 scenes, this might be just the game for you. I quite enjoyed it and was so into it, I jumped when it ended. I was in Chapter 2 and didn’t know how much further I needed to go before that chapter ended. According to the Strategy Guide, there are 10 chapters plus bonus puzzles. So take a peek, see if you like the frog rather than H0 aspect, and whether you think it is worth the CE price. I think it is.

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Feb 24, 11 7:52 AM
peglegann wrote:
banor wrote:At work but I can't wait to go home and download - luckily I can afford the CE and am closed to finishing two punch cards - sad when your credit card company calls me to verify game purchases and never hear of HOGS, they are so vigilant about fraud these days but I wonder if it is a sign that I purchase too many games.

Yes. It could be a sign that you purchase too many games
Don't we all?

Have you ever looked at your purchase history??? That can be eye-opening!

Go to: