Re:Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown.

[Post New]by adventure777 on Feb 27, 11 7:26 AM
Please help us guys! I solve the last puzzle to save the girl and the bodyguard, then the girl tells me about somewhich who wanted to freeze the world and then some images of the places in the game start rotating wihtout stop and with the green tick below. Eventually I press the green tick and that's it - back to main menu. I cannot access the bonus content and I do not have any options for easy or hard mode! Please help, I am desperate

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 11 8:40 AM
After finishing EASY mode, the credits should start rolling. You can skip them and get back to the MAIN MENU.

Now, I can´t remember whether the HARD mode came up after getting back to the MENU, but I first played the BONUS game. After that, the HARD mode became visible and when I clicked on it, the golden crown automatically went into my inventory.

So, I am not sure whether you have to first play the bonus game before being able to play the hard mode version...

[Post New]by adventure777 on Feb 27, 11 12:31 PM
Thanks Valdy but the bonus content is locked. And I was never prompted with easy/hard options even in the start. And I don't see any credits

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 11 1:10 PM
adventure777 wrote:Thanks Valdy but the bonus content is locked. And I was never prompted with easy/hard options even in the start. And I don't see any credits

Hey Adventure777...

You won´t be prompted at the start of the game. You automatically start in easy mode.
If you didn´t see any credits running at the end of the game, then you certainly haven´t finished the game yet.

You mentioned a green tick at the end of the game that you pressed. I don´t remember a green tick. For me the game finished when I added that disc to the container where the girl and the bodyguard were in, after which I had to do another puzzle. Then there was a little more talk and the credits started to roll.

Sorry, but that´s all I know.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Feb 28, 11 6:12 PM
ok, i am totaly lost, MargieB, can you help me, i downloaded the game and started playing, it did not ask me if i wanted to play hard mode, it just said play, i got to chapter 2 and got stuck, could not find the crown and it said spoiler alert for hard mode and i don't know what that means, it said go through the door on the right after i found the map and i can't go any farther because the vines are on the door to the right, what do i do?, that was just the demo i played if i can't get unstuck i will not be buying the game. HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 28, 11 8:26 PM
candybrand wrote:ok, i am totaly lost, MargieB, can you help me, i downloaded the game and started playing, it did not ask me if i wanted to play hard mode, it just said play, i got to chapter 2 and got stuck, could not find the crown and it said spoiler alert for hard mode and i don't know what that means, it said go through the door on the right after i found the map and i can't go any farther because the vines are on the door to the right, what do i do?, that was just the demo i played if i can't get unstuck i will not be buying the game. HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi candybrand! Did you read MargieB's first post on the first page of this thread? She very clearly states that you play the game the first time you play in regular mode by default - you do not have the option to play in hard mode. She also says that you DO NOT get the crown the first time you play the game, you must play a second time in hard mode and the crown will automatically go in your inventory. (The spoiler alert for hard mode only applies to playing the game in hard mode.)

When it says go through the door on the right, it means when you are in the room with the skeleton - you should have opened that door with a mechanical device that you placed on the wall next to the door. Then just skip the part that says "Spoiler alert for hard mode" and then pick up after it says "end of spoiler alert". Actually, after that part it says to go forward to get the shovel in the hidden object scene, so that means go forward when in the room with the skeleton - not sure why it tells you to go right.

I hope this helps some! Good luck!

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 8:52:28 PM PST

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Feb 28, 11 10:34 PM
Thanks WilJul, i went back and found what MargieB was talking about, i will be buying the game tomorrow when i get my credit, than i will see what you are talking about, thanks for the info, i think i understand now, i just don't know what a spoiler alert meants, sorry, i'll get the hang of it after awhile, lol

[Post New]by sandramcadams on Mar 1, 11 10:11 AM
I paid for a full game wether it is easy or hard. I am no good at the mini-games so I play easy mode. I don't think it's right that I have to pay full price for a partial game.
Tell people before you buy the game that they will not get a full game if they play anything other than the hard mode.

[Post New]by hideobjectaddict on Mar 4, 11 7:04 PM
Simba2009 wrote:Well that's good to know, only thing is I started the game over thinking hard to play hard mode
Now got to do everything all over again.
I too have been stuck in Ch. 4, so I decided to try the Hard Mode, thinking that Crown would make all the difference, not. Now I get to go back & start all over. OF COURSE I should have checked here 1st, because now I have to start Everything all over again, including being stuck in Ch. 4 Aaahhgain, ugh. That's what I get for thinking for myself, lol. So Fishies, any clues you can give me to get past Ch. 4? Your help would be so appreciated!

[Post New]by fortescue on Mar 4, 11 8:33 PM
my friend tried downloaded this game from another site and she was having problems with the crown thing. she said she finished the regular mode but the "hard mode in red" didn't show up and the bonus features are still locked. when she clicked on play it replayed the last puzzle and movie then some scenes from the game with a check mark at the bottom. is this a technical/download problem or a game problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 5, 11 1:03 AM
hideobjectaddict wrote:
Simba2009 wrote:Well that's good to know, only thing is I started the game over thinking hard to play hard mode
Now got to do everything all over again.
I too have been stuck in Ch. 4, so I decided to try the Hard Mode, thinking that Crown would make all the difference, not. Now I get to go back & start all over. OF COURSE I should have checked here 1st, because now I have to start Everything all over again, including being stuck in Ch. 4 Aaahhgain, ugh. That's what I get for thinking for myself, lol. So Fishies, any clues you can give me to get past Ch. 4? Your help would be so appreciated!

Sorry, hideobjectaddict, there's no way to help without knowing more about what you have done in that chapter so far. You can check your map, on the upper right it gives you your objective, that might help you get past your stuck spot. You can also check the strategy guide, it has pretty detailed instructions for each chapter.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 5, 11 1:04 AM
fortescue wrote:my friend tried downloaded this game from another site and she was having problems with the crown thing. she said she finished the regular mode but the "hard mode in red" didn't show up and the bonus features are still locked. when she clicked on play it replayed the last puzzle and movie then some scenes from the game with a check mark at the bottom. is this a technical/download problem or a game problem?

This is a tech issue with the game. She should contact tech support at that site.

TeachumWell
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by TeachumWell on Apr 1, 11 8:13 PM
[b]Hi, and thanks so much MargieB!
The SG does say "spoiler alert" or suchlike but doesn't even hint that the rooms and actions folowing the crown door aren't related to Normal mode. Are there other such little frustration points in the game? Hopefully not...Also, odd thing but when I randomly clicked on that infamous frog door closeup, a lock appeared over the hint disk and stayed for about a minute. If that was a clue to the crown stuff, I sure didn't get it. Thanks again for your time, patience & insights which help make the Forums sooo cool!
Barbara N. (aka Teachumwell)

[Post New]by Genjones on Apr 15, 11 4:36 PM
I am having problems with BF and the crown will not go on BF.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 15, 11 5:53 PM
Genjones wrote:I am having problems with BF and the crown will not go on BF.

Hi Genjones! Try this - while holding the crown, focus on touching your cursor tip to the fish's head instead of worrying about the crown itself. Many of these games read cursor placement more than the item you are holding. Hope you get it! Good luck!

[Post New]by sandrifter on Apr 19, 11 2:28 PM
i cannot get the game to play in hard mode... i have the crown but it will not stay on the frogs head... can you help am losing sleep over this!!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 19, 11 8:01 PM
sandrifter wrote:i cannot get the game to play in hard mode... i have the crown but it will not stay on the frogs head... can you help am losing sleep over this!!!!

I'm a little confused, you say you cannot get the game to play in hard mode, but you have the frog's crown which can only be acquired in the hard mode.

So, if your problem is just that you can't get the crown to stay on the frog's head, try the advice I gave in the post above yours, it applies to any inventory item.

If that's not the issue, please let me know and clarify a little.

[Post New]by Analya on Apr 28, 11 2:25 PM
I'm stuck on one part. I'm in chapter 10-11..? and in Snow whites room looking for parts/pieces. Is there some where on here to go to get a full on point out to where everything is. I had the page yesterday, but lost it. ^-^'

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 28, 11 6:49 PM
Analya wrote:I'm stuck on one part. I'm in chapter 10-11..? and in Snow whites room looking for parts/pieces. Is there some where on here to go to get a full on point out to where everything is. I had the page yesterday, but lost it. ^-^'

Hi Analya! Welcome to the forums!

You can try the walkthrough. Copy and paste the URL below:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dark-parables-the-exiled-prince-walkthrough/#11

Good luck!

lynnestock
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lynnestock on Jun 10, 11 4:17 AM
MargieB says - [i]You have to play Hard Mode if you want to go into 2 undiscovered areas in the game.

Are these 2 undiscovered areas the ones already accessed in the Bonus game? i.e. once you obtain the crown, is there any need to play in Hard Mode other than you want to play the game again?

Go to: