Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by laurenmb5 on Feb 25, 11 4:18 PM
The mac game version does not work. It is trying to download an .exe file which is for pc's not macs.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vingilot on Feb 25, 11 7:05 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi everyone,

We are aware of the Mac installation issue and are working on resolving it as soon as we can. We will post in the Game Forum as soon as an update is available. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Thanks Arno. *crosses fins*

[Post New]by candleofhope on Feb 25, 11 7:32 PM
Ok played game ok until chapter 6 and got an error and everything froze up...went to the so called link for help and did what it said...NOTHING....STILL FROZEN...I'm running windows 7.......and I did all my updates too...

come on BF you want the money give us the games so we can play them....

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by heron on Feb 25, 11 7:34 PM
I am unable to move the curser all the way to the left. This keeps me from clicking on and obtaining any object hidden on the left hand side It is as if there is a wall 2 in. in from the edge of the picture. This happens from the time the game comes on. I am running windows 7. Anyone else come across this problem?

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Feb 25, 11 7:48 PM
I'm having the same problem as heron. I can't pick up the top of the key on the left side of the cottage screen. Has anybody else ran across this problem and fixed the problem? Looking for any help.

Jenc272
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jenc272 on Feb 25, 11 8:14 PM
I played the game all the way through the first time just fine. Even the bonus chapter. I started the hard version, and when it came time to solve the armory puzzle, I cannot get to the 1st 5 items in my inventory. When I try to pick up the first item, the game acts like I asked for the map, and it pops up. When I try to pick up the second item, the game acts like I asked for the strategy guide, and it pops up. I cannot get any response for the 3rd or 4th items, not even just picking them up, and the 5th item acts as the right scroll button of the inventory bar. I can pick up the 6th item, but I need to use the 1st item before I can use the 6th.

I am using Windows 7.

Edited to add: I finally was able to use my inventory. I had to leave the armory and walk around some, then when I came back, it worked.

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 8:32:01 PM PST

[Post New]by greyhoundgirl on Feb 26, 11 3:13 AM
I can't even find the second Cursed Object or the small knife, let alone the Frog's crown. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

StewieG23
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by StewieG23 on Feb 26, 11 6:07 AM
Can't get full screen either. Is this going to be fixed?

[Post New]by AnnaMarta on Feb 26, 11 6:25 AM
Nafretiti wrote:Two things up with me:

1: I can't play the bonus game, I have finished the game, click the tick at the end (when it scrolls through different scenes of the game) and nothing, it comes back telling me I have to finish the game even when I have let those pictures scroll for at least 5 minutes, no ending credits or anything, it just wont finish so I can get the bonus content.

2: My game doesn't let me choose between hard mode or normal mode, I can play the game fine, it asks me if I want a tutorial and that is it, no asking about hard mode or anything, it just gives me the normal one.

I am having EXACTLY the same problem, as are a slew of others according to what I have seen around the net, what to do about it?

grammy8x
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by grammy8x on Feb 26, 11 7:12 AM
Kilan8 wrote:I get that the game is corrupted or has a virus. That a new version of the game needs to be installed. I've got a PC, so where's the new version for that?

What the hell??? I've been waiting for another Dark Parable game. Come on BFG give us a fix!

I get that message too. How long before a new version usually becomes available.

[Post New]by kjhrr5 on Feb 26, 11 7:57 AM
when I go to click on the hollow tree and frog all I get is a white blank screen what's up with this does this happen to anyone else?

wildone667
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by wildone667 on Feb 26, 11 8:44 AM
I'm running Vista and all it does is save the file. Its been saving the file for 2 days now. I shut off my computer last night and tried to download it again and it downloaded more and still saving the file for an hour now . I'm afraid to delete it and try again because it took so long to download it the first time. Dracula the 3rd path did this to me to but I did something and it fixed it but I forgot what to do..

Wait it downloaded somemore and its saving the file again. Lets see what happens now. Maybe I'll go do my dishes and see what it does.. or maybe not LOL

O.K. after 25 minutes it finally came up and said there was an error downloading I just deleted it and maybe i'll try again later

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 9:13:14 AM PST

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by heron on Feb 26, 11 10:38 AM
I just tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game Thisdid not help. I am still unable to get to the left side of the screen. This is the trial version .I wonder if it would be the same in the full version . I was really looking forward to playing this game.

[Post New]by crnaja on Feb 27, 11 9:28 AM
Help I can't find the crown for the frog to open the door in the cave. I can not proceed until I open that area. Anyone got any hints where it is. I even restarted the game and still can't find it.

[Post New]by halice3115 on Feb 27, 11 11:15 AM
Exited out of the game at chapter 9. Closed game manager. Opened game manager and the game is not listed in "my games". Clicked the shortcut on my desktop screen and got a message that the game was loading an update and to click on "in progress" in the game manager to check the status. Nothing is in progress. It has been 24 hours and I am still getting the update message from the desktop icon. Where is the game?

[Post New]by adventure777 on Feb 27, 11 12:19 PM
AnnaMarta wrote:
Nafretiti wrote:Two things up with me:

1: I can't play the bonus game, I have finished the game, click the tick at the end (when it scrolls through different scenes of the game) and nothing, it comes back telling me I have to finish the game even when I have let those pictures scroll for at least 5 minutes, no ending credits or anything, it just wont finish so I can get the bonus content.

2: My game doesn't let me choose between hard mode or normal mode, I can play the game fine, it asks me if I want a tutorial and that is it, no asking about hard mode or anything, it just gives me the normal one.

I am having EXACTLY the same problem, as are a slew of others according to what I have seen around the net, what to do about it?

Same here, **** credits appear. So far no valuable help

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 27, 11 9:11 PM
Is this game ever going to be fixed for MAC users?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 27, 11 9:47 PM
bulldog2 wrote:Is this game ever going to be fixed for MAC users?

I'm playing on a 3 year old Macbook, 10.5.8 and had no trouble downloading or playing the game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 27, 11 9:52 PM
crnaja wrote:Help I can't find the crown for the frog to open the door in the cave. I can not proceed until I open that area. Anyone got any hints where it is. I even restarted the game and still can't find it.

Hi crnaja! Welcome to the forum! Please see the thread Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown. It is in the same section as this thread, marked with a yellow sticky note. You will find the answer to your question there.

[Post New]by toiveajattelu on Feb 28, 11 7:48 AM
I have tried installing to my MacBook Pro a few times in the past three days, and every time, installation doesn't complete and Game Manager crashes.

Go to: