mamaluv221
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Post any Scratches Director's Cut technical issues here only

[Post New]by mamaluv221 on Feb 26, 11 9:15 PM
...this game is killin me!! After 25 minutes of demo i still have not gotten thru the opening credits!! Does anyone test out the games befor they go on site??

[Post New]by sandra21 on Feb 27, 11 3:13 AM
Is it supposed to constantly flicker, sort of like blinking. Cannot play, it moves very slow, if I can bear to put up with all the flickering

[Post New]by delboy48 on Feb 27, 11 6:09 AM
kozykat wrote: I installed the game scratches, but when I went to play it, it wouldn't work. I'm going to try "buy now" again, but I don't want to be charged twice for the game. Maybe it might work. Please let me know if you are going to charge me for this game.

this might be a bit late for you now, but for future reference you do not have to try "Buy Now" again you can reinstall your game for any reason by just:-

On the BFG site go to the "My Account" section and sign in
Click on "Purchase History"
All of your purchased games should be listed with an "INSTALL" link next to each game.
Click "INSTALL" for the game you want to reinstall
Click "RUN" when asked
Enter your Email address & password
The full-version of the game will automatically be installed and activated on your computer again.... hope this helps

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Feb 27, 11 11:20 AM
Another game with access errors. I just had this happen last week. What is changing all of a sudden with these games. I have had this computer a year and never had this issue and now twice in a week.

I went ahead and tried the game again. The last time I hit the ESC key because I got tired of the credits and all the intro screens it was setup to go through. This time I didn't hit the ESC and the game played. If you are hitting that key try it with hitting it and see if the game plays.

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 11:37:51 AM PST

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Feb 28, 11 7:58 AM

I had a very vague memory of playing this game ages ago and the memory also included having to go on the web and find a "patch" to correct issues with the game.

I found it: the game was released in 2007 and there are several sites from that date with notes concerning a patch to play the game properly. The patch was available at that time.

Although I would hope the game released here four years later would have the patch incorporated, perhaps this release does not include the patch??

[Post New]by JHWilliton on Feb 28, 11 2:57 PM
I didn't even get to Main Menu, had to do a manual shutdown. Please state:
`Point and Click' in future, I don't like these games. Boring and aggravating.

[Post New]by Signing2Worship on Mar 2, 11 6:46 PM
so bummed. really wanted to enjoy this game and it simply won't run on my computer.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 3, 11 7:03 AM
I arrived, answered the phone, unpacked and decided to search the whole house. After doing that I phoned Jerry and Barbara and went to the mailbox to meet the electrician.

Suddenly, (like my computer was possessed!) my computer RESTARTED itself! I've never had this happen before. Any other game and I would have called it quits right there as my computer is not something I want to replace, but I decided to try again.

To my surprise, my inventory was all there (and I hadn't saved!) and I was not at the mailbox but in the house at the phone again calling Jerry and Barbara! They told me about trying the fuses and the Italian letter, and THEN I went to the mailbox and it has played ok since then.

After discussing it with my boyfriend (we are both computer techs) he told me that sometimes weird stuff like that can happen if you miss a "trigger" location or object. Something to do with loopholes in the programming and then I lost him.

Kind of creepy in a game like this, wouldn't you say?

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Mar 4, 11 1:59 AM
Downloaded demo, installed.
Hit "Play Now".
"Access violation...."
Uninstalled.
Downloaded demo a second time, installed.
Hit "Play Now"
"Access violation..."

*le sigh*

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Mar 5, 11 5:27 AM
I am devastated! Almost finished the game and suddenly got an access violation. Also, something called “Scream Engine” appeared and I had to alt/cntrl/del (and lost whatever was in my game since the last save). This was during the phone conversation with the policeman. So went back in, passed that spot, and finished the greenhouse stuff. On my way back to the manor, access violation appeared again and “Scream Engine” appeared. Contacted Tech Support but it’s the weekend so asking if anyone had this problem at end of game? I ABSOLUTELY MUST finish this game to see what happens (without looking at W/T). If I reinstall there is no guarantee that the problem will be fixed and it took me two days to get this far in the game. Couldn’t sleep last night so any advice appreciated! Thanks!

[Post New]by peggysue822 on Mar 5, 11 8:27 AM
When I started playing this game, I had no real problems EXCEPT where is the menu so that you can save and exit? I had to CTRL ALt Delete to get out of the game and this morning when I got back on I had to start over. So I had to do the same thing to get out of it. Please help.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 5, 11 8:29 AM
Pressing the ESC - escape - key brings you to the main menu where you can save. There is a list of numbers, very small ones, that you press for each save you wish to create.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Mar 6, 11 3:05 AM
I have windows7 on a laptop and I can't get the game to even load. Please fix this.

smcg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by smcg on Mar 6, 11 4:17 PM
I have made the mistake of downloading Scratch without trying it out first and now find that despite having updated all my drivers and software that this game just will not work. It is slow beyond reason but does get me as far as the front door of the haunted house and then the cursor stops working. The cursor moves around on its own and when I try to click it or move it, it just glides in any direction it pleases other than where I want it to go. I have installed an hp wireless mouse so I even tried
using the old wired mouse and the same thing happens. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the game but I cannot progress past the first screen shot. I am very disappointed, and I can see from the posts on this page that I am not alone. The requirements do not say that you have to have Windows 7. My daughter has Windows Vista and she is unable to get the game to even open.I did note that there was a patch posted online so I tried that too with no avail. I do not see that Big Fish Games has been able to offer any satisfactory resolution to any of the posts. Not a good marketing strategy, I must say.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Mar 6, 11 10:15 PM
This thread was started on feb24 so you think they would have at least said something by now. Lucky I haven't bought it. all I want to do is try the demo.

[Post New]by WkdSpirit on Mar 9, 11 1:03 PM
Downloaded (paid for) this game as it had some wicked reviews on other gaming forums. I open the game, runs fine, I can 'esc' through the opening scenes. It tells me the date, then nada. Tells me that it has tried to create entry 00000000000007 or something and has failed. All of my other games work fine. My OS is fully updates along with my Graphics Card etc. I see no reason for this game to be 'special' in that it is the only one not to work. As I've paid for this game I would like to know why it isn't working.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 9, 11 1:48 PM
Welcome to the pond WkdSpirit!

It sounds like you may have run into an Access Violation, which can occur for various reasons.

For anyone encountering an Access Violation, I would recommend checking out the steps in this help article:

Access Violation

If the game still won't play afterward due to this error or any other technical issues, please be sure to contact our Customer Support team so that they can help further. They can also note which systems are being affected by which errors, and they can then pass this info along to the game's developers in case they release any updated versions.

Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Post any Scratches Director's Cut technical issues here only

[Post New]by AGPRUITT on Mar 11, 11 12:17 PM
i am at the end of the game, in the lair at 6pm and when i click on the black hole to see the final cut seen, it just tells me how much it stinks lol, how can i finish the game?

i came back and found out u have to examine the bear on the ground first

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 1:05:37 PM PST

larrywho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by larrywho on Mar 12, 11 5:43 PM
johnsharon wrote:ditto for me also! I can't get the game to play at all. Just will not run!!!

Ditto for me. I used five minutes of the demo and the game still had not started. I am using windows 7. My machine meets all the other requirements.
Based on the other posts your developers need to seriously look at this program.

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Mar 13, 11 5:06 PM
This demo runs sssslllllooooooowwwwwwwwww.....it's absolutely unplayable. I know I have the updated version of flashplayer and other drivers, so it's not that.

Terrible - and it's too bad, as this looks to be a pretty good game otherwise.

Count me out though, too much work already to try to get it to run.

Go to: