johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Feb 25, 11 3:39 PM
I liked to play Match 3 games in between playing IHogs etc. After Cradle of Rome which I have played again and again (still love it) and Jewel Match this game is boring and slow. Even the "jewels" are boring compared to the sparkly ones in Jewel Match lol. It's a no buy for me. I only played for about 15 minutes and couldn't be bothered to finish off the demo.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 25, 11 4:36 PM
If you like Match 3 games you will probley like this one. I have most of the Jewel Quest series and have already tried this one via developers site. As a lot of you who have played this series, I also have problems completing the game. Get stuck and it's timed so you never can finish. Think I might pass on this one.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 25, 11 5:11 PM
I've been playing all day... I'm currently near the beginning of chapter 5, out of 6 that are showing on the map. Hard to stop playing lol... I do like the story and such.

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Feb 25, 11 5:15 PM
In Jewel Quest (JQ) Heritage, Percy Pack's wife was listed as Patricia Yellowtail.
In the JQ Sleepless Star, Percy Pack is adventuring with Pattawaset- known as "Yellow Feather." It would be really cool if the couples in JQ Heritage could have their own story lines in their time periods. I'd buy them all!

I am enjoying JQ The Sleepless Star. The voice timing is perfect, the backgrounds are nice, and even the characters are drawn very well. I have nothing negative to say about this game...it is so much fun. I have only started part 3, but am looking forward to the adventure. Great Job and kudos to the devs at I Win. Thanks for bringing this to us BF.

There will always be adrenaline junkies that are "bored" with anything less than lightning speed and mad rushes around. There will always be those that want nothing to do with a timed game. For the rest, I think that you will find this game to be great entertainment.

Again (ahem) it would be awesome to get some back story on the various couples featured in "JQ Heritage"...please pass that suggestion along BF. Thanks!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 25, 11 5:19 PM
I got the premium edition of this game from another site a few months ago. Pros: Nice cutscenes, voice acting, and animation along the sides of screens during gameplay. Storyline that I actually wanted to watch as opposed to the boring one in the last JQ game. Players in a hurry can skip the storytelling if they want by clicking the skip button, but IMO it added a lot to the game because a lot of the boards would be shaped according to the latest part of the story in progress. Interesting twists to the gameplay...I liked having to uncover some boards, etc. and figuring out the various other puzzles as I progressed. For all those who want untimed mode, THIS IS THE FIRST JEWEL QUEST THAT HAS ONE...all you have to do is fail three boards and it will give you the amulet that allows infinite time.

Cons: Very slow gameplay action when matching, especially on the boards with fog. Never had that problem with any of the other games in the series. Game froze up on occasion. Also, anyone experienced with the rest of the Jewel Quest series is likely to find this latest installment too easy! I finished Expert Mode in Jewel Quest Heritage multiple times and have finished most of the other JQ games as well, and when I was playing Sleepless Star, I kept on wondering "It's Jewel Quest, when is it going to get harder???" Never did and I got the all the amulets and gold stars on every board in just six days. In comparison, the predecessor took more than three months to finish the first time and remains a regularly played favorite even after a year. So if you want something that's different but won't strain your brain like the other JQ games, this would be fun, but if you're good at the other games in this series, pass on it or you might be bored. My .02

[Post New]by keenaville on Feb 25, 11 7:57 PM
After buying JQ Heritage, I said I'd NEVER buy another of this company's games that doesn't offer an untimed mode. Same with his one. Too much stress in my daily work and life to come home and "relax" with games like these. Sorry. Not for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 25, 11 10:36 PM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay is M3 with the usual Jewel Quest twists. There are a variety of boards, my favorite being the secret entrace where you have to reveal more of the board with matches on the edges. Interesting! The storyline is rich and beautifully done. I lost track of time and the demo ended long before I was ready. A sign of a good game.

This game is an A.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 26, 11 1:27 AM
Kinda boring for me. A little repititious . Didn't like the choice of an untimed game either. Timed games always making me freeze up! lol It was a "5" in my book!

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Feb 26, 11 4:37 AM
Bought it the second it came out from the developer, whom I do not particularly like.

Have every Jewel Quest there is. Yes there is a sameness, but I like Percy better than Rupert and thought the the producers had some nice new twists on the boards.

I have shaky hands so it is hard for me to keep my time up, so what--it's more of a challenge.

Love the story. Am so fond of Rupert the dodo, and his amazing family.

Stuck on all of them somewhere. Play them over and over. Eventually get unstuck, play a while and then get stuck again. What a game!!!!

They make me crazy and I love, love, love them.

And whats the point of an untimed M3? You win every single time!!!!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 4:40:34 AM PST

s_tickle
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by s_tickle on Feb 26, 11 2:04 PM
Well I bought this game as soon as I saw it, liked the other ones. But this one is way too easy. If you're into easy games, you'll like it, if you want a challenge, look for another game.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 26, 11 2:52 PM
Glad I'm not the only fishie who thought this one was too easy. The developers must have caught tons of flak about how easy it was to get lost in the last game and how insanely hard it got in expert mode, but still, the entire Jewel Quest series are known to be challenging M3s that you have to plan ahead in to play well and Sleepless Star falls short of that mark IMO. Hoping the next one (would be more surprised if there *wasn't* a next one) will live up to the legacy of the series a little more.

A few others commented on game sound cutting in and out randomly...mine does that too. Seems to be a bug with the game.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Feb 26, 11 5:09 PM
Got bored with this one quick. Nothing that I saw every explained how you get the gold and I guess I didn't play long enough to find out. Had the gold on 2/3 of the screens I played only four stars on the rest of them. Anymore I am a lot more pickier on my match 3 games that I buy after playing good ones to hard to go back to boring ones. I like ones that give you something for your larger matches. ie 5, 6, or more you get a bomb or something that you can blow up on the screen. Also do not like the custom cursors in games I like my just plain old ordinary one. and this game gives you no option to turn off the custom cursor. Looks like a no sale for me.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 26, 11 8:09 PM
i guess i've gotten into playing speed rounds with 'uLose' and all the games are really sluggish next to that... i found myself clicking and clicking, and slowly becoming more and more frustrated at having to wait for the tiles to drop and the board to 'reset' so i could make my next move...

i've now decided that pure M3 fun is what i want in a game

[Post New]by peterjean on Feb 27, 11 3:55 PM
I actually finnished the expert mode but it was ridiculously difficult & near impossible in 2 of the boards. There is nothing expert about these 2 boards. It is luck mixed with less skill when the opportunity comes. Truely not a healthy choice and a false sense of achievement when they are made that difficult. Enjoy a bit of a challenge and the occassional lottery, am happy to say have deleted it and will steer cleer of there games in future until have read forums for comments.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 28, 11 12:32 PM
I wouldn`t buy this game for the normal price, but maybe as a Daily Deal someday. I don`t like, that you need to wait for your next move until all parts are down. No buy today, but maybe in the future.

rainbowtree
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by rainbowtree on Mar 1, 11 10:22 AM
"When I was playing Sleepless Star, I kept on wondering "It's Jewel Quest, when is it going to get harder???" Never did and I got all the amulets and gold stars on every board in just six days. "

Wow! Awesome!

I am using the amulet and still the boards are challenging. I tried for gold on several boards, and only received the gold star on a very few. Back to the amulet to enjoy the story and game play. I rarely purchase Collector's Editions, but this is one game I would have purchased. Too bad didn't offer it.

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 10:26:17 AM PST

AmyCT
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by AmyCT on Mar 2, 11 6:47 AM
I love this game. One of the best match 3's I have played as it has some new twists on how to complete the games, lots of levels, not filled with crazy things zapping all over. Definitely try this game if you like good, basic match 3 games with a challenge.

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Mar 2, 11 4:57 PM
Am still undecided on this one. I still love the first Jewel Quest which I play over and over and also JQ Heritage which I've completed twice. The was another one which was mostly **** and bored me so senseless I didn't even finish it and uninstalled it, odd since I normally like HOs. I do like the board on this one where the bottom continues onward and the idea of relaxed mode once I fail three boards as someone else commented on so may buy to complete a punch card for the month.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Mar 3, 11 9:16 AM
Too easy.I was surprised as the previous one(with the monkey traps)was so much harder. This was no challenge at all.

s_tickle
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by s_tickle on Mar 3, 11 4:32 PM
Yep, having finished the whole game, this is just way too easy to finish. Not until Chapter 6 do you run into anything that resembles a challenge. Not sure what made'em come out w/ this one, appears like this one was maybe thrown together in a hurry or too much time spent on the story and not on the game itself.

Go to: