justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by justaques on Feb 26, 11 8:15 AM
Just finished the demo and I just love this game. Can hardly wait until March to buy it.

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Feb 26, 11 8:18 AM
Where did the time go? I love the first one and of course I just had to get this one as well.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Feb 26, 11 8:59 AM
Thanks BFG. Great game, bought at 3am est this morning and just finished at 11:58. Game was well worth the money.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 26, 11 9:09 AM
Hello everyone,

Just swimming in to sticky this thread. Thanks for starting it up!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy reviewing.

-bfgArnoStyx

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 26, 11 9:42 AM
A very good-looking game this is! The options menu has the right goodies (esp. choice of cursors--game one works well). The storyline is believable but somewhat "weathered"--a respected Professor is kidnapped and our hero is off on the hunt. Hidden-object scenes are clear and colorful. My one disappointment is lack of voice-acting, considering the BIG file d/l size. The dialogue boxes, however, do a good job of keeping us with the story and aren't wordy. Maybe that just means that the game will be a nice long one with lots of varied mini-games!

P.S. Hey bella--I personally can't find fault with the wording in this game--I think we can gracefully accept some translation snafus for the overall enjoyment that so many of these games give us. And a "refund" if this would have been a CE? That's why I try the demo first.

P.P.S. Agree about our animated hero's facial expressions--reminds me of Ashton Kutcher on "That 70's Show"!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 9:58:25 AM PST

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Feb 26, 11 9:46 AM
I just bought the game having played 50 mins of the Demo. It's an enjoyable Hog. Not too complex, the usual, go to A, then B find key, then C etc and then back to A.
Even though that sentence sounds a negative it wasn't. The game remains to be very entertaining Great graphics unlike that dreadul "Reading the Dead" game with which I almost took my own life trying to see the objects.
If I had anything really negative to say would, what the Duck were they thinking with the guy talking head and stupid expressions??? He make Scooby Doo look like a hunk! I would have prefered no talking head with just voice overs. He's very distracting. I'm happy though lol. Have fun fishes. :o)

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Feb 26, 11 10:19 AM
katiepops wrote:I had to look and see if I bought the first one, I did. I have trouble sometimes keeping up with what I have bought or jogging my memory on a storyline. Often I will look to see if it is a sequel, to see if I bought the first one as that tells me I enjoyed it.

I am happy to say after 15 minutes in on this one I knew it was a buy for me. After so many "misses" this week, I was very happy.

Happy gaming!

LOL I have the same issue thank goodness Big Fish has the alpha accounts option to look up what the heck I have bought
Loved the first one and will buy this one too

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Feb 26, 11 10:21 AM
One more thing that made me a happy fishie today
I did not have to wait for the SE to come out - not a CE on this one
Yes!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 26, 11 10:27 AM
I played 40min of the demo -- saving the rest for mind refresher later.
This is a very good HOG game with a few puzzles and some interaction. The story looks to be a typical investigation following clues left by the great researcher. Not particularly deep. The story develops with small dialogues between the H0 scenes that can be clicked through.

Graphic qualities are very good. I really liked it, but it is not outstanding, just clear and easy to see things. The first H0 scenes were very good, but then some tended to be very junky and cluttered. Seems to be a mix of both easy and artistically hidden items, and then some difficult and "rolling eyeball" scenes.

Puzzles that I encountered were the usual, but well done.

The interactive map was a great addition. Not only could you see where you were and what areas were still active, you could click and "jump" to the area you wanted to explore. No wearing out sneakers here -- to borrow a term from Goofy.

Overall, this appears to be a very well constructed game, no glitches that I encountered, scenes transitioned well, cursor behaved nicely -- except on too many clicks -- there is a penalty. This game is at the top of my list to purchase when I am looking for a good, old-fashioned HOG game.
HOG

I enjoyed the "talking head". I like a face with my voices.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 10:28:35 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 26, 11 10:36 AM
3 things that irk me about this game. The inventory suitcase (suitcase on bottom, inventory on top, who thought of that?), the characters' faces (and did you take a gander at his female friend? Okay...so...she's a dog...), and the fact that you have to click the dialogue closed before you can access the inventory (or anything else). I liked the style in the first (2?) game(s) better. I liked the train sections as well. This sequel seems way too removed from the earlier game(s).
It's not a bad game but I'm glad I used a credit on it.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Feb 26, 11 10:37 AM
Woo-hoo. I needed one more credit for February. I got to beta this game (seems like ages ago) and have been waiting with baited breath for it to get to the pond. I actually like the "new" Robert better. The "old" Robert looked like Beaker on the old Muppet Show - to me anyway. Loved the beta version and now off to play the alpha version. Great way to spend a cold, snowy afternoon.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Feb 26, 11 10:37 AM

Enjoyed the first Serpent game and have replayed it many times. Don't care for the sequel. Robert is very creepy and annoying to see in every scene.

Sorry but this is not a buy for me. Will wait for something better.

Also, annoyed that demo's are less than 1 hour anymore.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 26, 11 10:50 AM
Just finished the demo and found myself quite bored with it. The puzzles were challenging enough but the junk pile hidden object scenes were just that - junk piles. At least they were of period items but still not difficult to locate the needed objects. The character graphics are not to my liking at all and don't mesh with the overall style of the game. I could keep going with things that don't thrill me but why bother. Think I'll save my one needed game to fill the punch card for something else. Right now, this sequel just ain't doing it for me.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 26, 11 11:35 AM
I'm enjoying the game. My one negative comment is that you have to get rid of the dialogue to continue. I kept trying to pick things up and couldn't until the dialogue boxes were gone. I will use a credit on it on March 1st since I have 2 full cards now and won't be able to fill another by then.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 26, 11 12:19 PM
Really like this game as well. Odd that you have to - POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT, go outside of a HOG to find items for that HOG. Different and fun though. The only thing I didn't particularly like was...do we really need to have a cartoon face that looks like he is mad at the world? Actually, this game would play quite nicely without anything but the words popping up on the screen. Have one credit left, so I will use it on this game. thanks for the comments.

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 26, 11 12:20 PM
I think I will also check out the first one while I'm waiing for the download. I didn't realize that the Dark Parables was a sequel to Briar Rose, which I so enjoyed. And now this is a sequel. Can't wait to get started. Thanks fishies.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Feb 26, 11 12:45 PM
Hello all,

I read many of the reviews and see there are mixed emotions on this one. But I found I quite enjoyed the demo. (Played 53 minutes of it, as I like to leave some at the end in case I want to refresh my memory on the game later.) This will probably be a buy for me... but not this month as I have already filled one punch card and the month is almost over.

I own the earlier Serpent of Isis game and must say that I liked the set-up of the inventory, etc., on it better than on this one. This set-up didn't seem as smooth to me. I especially would prefer not to have to click on the dialogue to continue each time. And I would have been more pleased to see Robert look the same as before. Okay, I understand that there is a passage of time between this game and the last one, but in most cases, I prefer to see the characters continue to look the same. (Think how many years Mickey Mouse and Popeye have looked the same! And I'd be disappointed to see their looks change.) But, these are minor issues to me and I am looking forward to adding this game to my large collection.

Thanks Big Fish for releasing it as a Standard Edition!

Classicaljazz

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Feb 26, 11 1:07 PM
i do not care too much for this one. the first one was better.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Feb 26, 11 1:55 PM
sparkers2005 wrote:i do not care too much for this one. the first one was better.

I don't know if I agree with you that the first one was better; I think they are both good, this one is certainly different in many ways than the last one.
It's a buy for me; just in time to because I needed one more game to fill my punch card!

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 1:55:27 PM PST

chgo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by chgo on Feb 26, 11 2:38 PM
msmithnc wrote:I enjoyed the first game and have replayed it several times, so I was hoping I would like this one too. Right away I found myself being annoyed at how often Robert pops up with dialogue and you have to click to get rid of him (and he's really strange looking ). I will play for awhile longer to see if I can get used to the constant interruptions, but I'm not sure if I can - I find it really breaks up the flow of the game. Too bad, because otherwise it looks like a good game

Go to: