blog walkthrough

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Re:blog walkthrough

[Post New]by joyzebra on Feb 26, 11 7:46 AM
this is becoming very annoying. why can't they put the walkthru up before they offer the game? same with tech issues, why can't they have a list of users with different system configurations, and ask them to demo all new games to ensure they are working?

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 26, 11 8:42 AM
frunny wrote:Adventures from the 90s had NO hint buttons and no walktroughs Why not try to solve all the puzzles on your own - it is so much more fun.

There comes a time when you have tried everything you can think of and, like someone who is wise enough to know when they are lost, need to ask for directions. You are not asking someone to take you to your destination; just provide a nudge in the right direction, so that things will continue to be fun: not simply frustration. Most of us can get our daily allotment of stress from our lives; we play games like this to relax while we use our brains in useful, but enjoyable ways.

deelberger
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by deelberger on Feb 26, 11 8:54 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:I usually use the walkthroughs to see if the game is long & worth buying & only use it when I am really stuck!!

I do the same thing. Whenever a new HOG comes out on BF, I immediately download the game for trial and while it's downloading, I check the walkthrough to see how long the game is. That way, if I enjoy the trial and I feel the game is long enough, I'll purchase it as soon as the trial ends, and continue playing.

Happy gaming everyone!
Deanna

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 26, 11 10:41 AM
This game provides a very easy way to gauge the length without a walkthrough. Just open the journal. Click on ??chapters?? I think it is called -- the tab under the map. It has a space for each chapter -- now you know how long the game is. Much better than a walkthrough with all the pics etc.

As I recall there are 7 chapters and the prologue. The demo is the Prologue and Chapter 1. Use your judgment from there as to how long it will take you to play.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 10:42:17 AM PST

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Feb 26, 11 10:57 AM
peglegann wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I ask this question again ...
[removed by moderator].
Cheers.

Just curious/nosey. What exactly does this mean? Does not make sense to me but I am having a few DUH days!

I'm curious/nosy too...has this been answered yet? I'd love to know if I'm part of an official study, and if so - what. "Inquiring minds want to know!"

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 9:08:19 AM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Feb 26, 11 11:39 AM
Where in the hoot and hollar is that walkthru. Has anyone seen it yet? This game is nice but not conventional. Am I going cracy or what? Im out of Hints and everything else. When I finally get a chance to use an item the game did it for me. At the rate Im going I will be still here next week. My old brain has shut down. LOL.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 26, 11 12:13 PM
I also find it helpful to look at the WT to see about how long a game is before I purchase. So far, I have been able to gage pretty closely that way. I see absolutely nothing wrong with have the WT from the git-go anyway. My personal thoughts only.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 26, 11 12:41 PM
Hi there,
No big deal about the data...I have just been noticing a couple of trends lately and am constantly amazed at the cry for WTs as soon as a game is released. BFG has only been releasing them over the past couple of years I believe, and some of the older games are not supported by a WT here. I think RTR is one of them.
Anyway, I thought I had better make a return post here to explain...though I seem to have been [moderated] again!!
If I am not sure about purchasing a game, I tend to visit the forum and read some of the reviews etc to help me make up my mind rather than check the WT. Most times the length of a game is not as important to me as the enjoyment I get from it.
If I was looking for a longer game, I would try a LFG, TM or even M3 games which generally take a lot longer to complete than Hidden Object style games.
Cheers.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 26, 11 1:08 PM
Must.....have.....walkthrough.....!
I'm in Venice and have no idea what to do to get a boat ride.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 26, 11 1:26 PM
Hi all.

Although it is VERY frustrating not having a walkthrough, it is kind of fun too.

Getting frustrated, walking our socks off trying to find what we missed, then turning to the forums, only to find others have walked in our footsteps.

I feel that the lack of walkthrough on release day on this calibre game is reuniting all us fishes in our frustrations LOL..

For me it is a commaredery (?sp) exercise rather than a go it alone experience.

Totally pulling my hair out but enjoying it all the same.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Feb 26, 11 1:43 PM
I really do not like people who feel they are superior to the rest of the world, I buy a game then I expect the walkthrough to be there, and as to when or why I use it, that is none of your business

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Feb 26, 11 1:44 PM
I like to look at the walkthrough while game is downloading.

It gives me the chance to see more screenshots of the game, and the intro's to the walkthrough gives me a chance to see if I like the actual game features as how to play. There are so many new games that are coming out I dont even know how to get started in some of them with new features.

I have actually stopped some downloads because I didnt care for the screenshots and other items in the walkthough.

I purchase 99% of my games at BFG because of this great feature of the walkthroughs available before I purchase any games. (of course I dont need them in case I get stuck NOT.

lol
happy game day to all fishies

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 26, 11 2:06 PM
Rarely use them... it's like someone else is playing the game. I have been known to get help in the forums and I like hint systems.

Walkthroughs are a game developers dream... you finish the games sooner and buy more often. Happy gaming

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Feb 26, 11 2:56 PM
GrammaKj wrote: I played Myst w/o a walkthrough back in the day.

I think Myst was one of the first adventure games I played after I bought my very first computer. The whole family pitched in on solving the puzzles. It was so much fun.

Edited on 02/26/2011 at 3:01:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 26, 11 3:27 PM
I'm near the end of this Isis game and I gotta figure out the sequence of 12 tablets with semi mathematical markings without a single clue. And the hints just aren't helping. Of course, this is one of the few puzzles with no skip button.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Feb 26, 11 5:31 PM
Thanks Purpledeva for your response. I also remember not having walkthroughs for games and getting stuck for a very, very long time sometimes. Also, the nice part about having a walkthrough available is you can choose to use one or not (that is a personal choice). So I am not real sure why people do not think you should use one if they make a choice not to.

I est. for me this game to take about 3.5 to 4 hours to play after looking at the chapters and the length of time it took to play the sample.

I hope you all enjoy.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Feb 27, 11 3:40 AM
Since I liked this game so much I fought my way through it without the help of a walkthrough and I must admit that more than once - had the WT been available - I would have given up my own thinking. But replaying the game today made me notice a very good reason for a reliable walkthrough. As I am ashamed to say I tried a few times to help players who asked for a hint and, well, my memory seems to be worse than I thought, I gave one or two wrong answers, sorry for that!

Catnipper
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Catnipper on Feb 27, 11 7:17 AM
I used Google to find a walkthrough at another game site; lo and behold, I came up with the Big Fish Walkthrough.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 27, 11 9:11 AM
Hi Fishies!

If you haven't found it yet, the Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues walkthrough is now available. I've posted an announcement at the top of this Forum and will include a link here as well:

Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues Walkthrough

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: