Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues technical issues here only

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Feb 26, 11 8:15 PM
Well I got to Grandfather's house, was clipping along just fine, then I was told to check the bookcase. When I click on the magnifying glass the guy keeps popping up telling me there are "dusty books on the bookcase" but I cannot ge to the bookcase. All other items are complete but for some reason he will not go to the bookcase.

Can't speak to the Chapter 3 issue. I can't get out of the first house!

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Feb 27, 11 1:34 AM
There is an update coming soon - stay tuned!

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Feb 27, 11 3:57 AM
Hi again,

I just tried to finish Chapter 3. After I cut the painting out of the frame in the attic I tried to retrive the knife the, and the game crashed. It said the game has stopped working. I powered off and powered back on. The same thing happened as it has soo many other players. I hope you fix this soon as it is an interesting game.

Thanks,
Wanda

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 11 5:36 AM
Boomer47 wrote:Well I got to Grandfather's house, was clipping along just fine, then I was told to check the bookcase. When I click on the magnifying glass the guy keeps popping up telling me there are "dusty books on the bookcase" but I cannot ge to the bookcase. All other items are complete but for some reason he will not go to the bookcase.

Can't speak to the Chapter 3 issue. I can't get out of the first house!

Hey Boomer47...

That´s not a technical issue. You will need a piece of paper first that will show you an image of the books and what is written on some of the books.

Hope this helps.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Feb 27, 11 6:32 AM
I have a Mac and the magnifying glass does not work to examine any of the objects in the inventory. This makes some of the mini games impossible to complete. Very disappointed. I don't purchase games knowing that I have to skip portions. I'm running OS 10.6.6.

[Post New]by kkensukek on Feb 27, 11 7:17 AM
Same game crashing at the end of chapter 3
what's wrong?

[Post New]by MoonMadness on Feb 27, 11 7:50 AM
tinygranny wrote:Posting this here in case others are having the same problem. I have already contacted Tech Support.

I got to Chapter 6 and was playing the **** game when I had to back out and get out of the game temporarily. As the game is saved automatically, I was confident it would put me right back where I left off when I got back in, and it did. However, when I clicked back on the sparkles to finish the **** on the map of Venice, It said I "didn't need it at the moment." I can't go any further without it. I uninstalled, then tried to reinstall from my purchase history, but it wouldn't let me. It did however, let me reinstall from the Home Page. I got back into the game and it had saved it at the same spot I had left off, but I'm still getting the same message. Still can't go any further.

I have the same issue at the same spot...I'm going to start a whole new game, but this is frustrating. (I too had to back out and can't get back in.)

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 7:51:47 AM PST

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Feb 27, 11 8:38 AM
Chapter 6 keeps crashing at the same spot also

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 8:50:28 AM PST

tinygranny
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by tinygranny on Feb 27, 11 8:41 AM
MoonMadness wrote:
tinygranny wrote:Posting this here in case others are having the same problem. I have already contacted Tech Support.

I got to Chapter 6 and was playing the **** game when I had to back out and get out of the game temporarily. As the game is saved automatically, I was confident it would put me right back where I left off when I got back in, and it did. However, when I clicked back on the sparkles to finish the **** on the map of Venice, It said I "didn't need it at the moment." I can't go any further without it. I uninstalled, then tried to reinstall from my purchase history, but it wouldn't let me. It did however, let me reinstall from the Home Page. I got back into the game and it had saved it at the same spot I had left off, but I'm still getting the same message. Still can't go any further.

I have the same issue at the same spot...I'm going to start a whole new game, but this is frustrating. (I too had to back out and can't get back in.)

Moon, I started a new game under a different profile, too, and when I got to the same scene in Chapter 6 it was a different issue with it. There was no sparkles on the map this time. I can't get into the hotel computer because it keeps telling me I don't have all the objects yet, and I just don't see a place to get them. I believe this part has to be resolved before the sparkles will come up on the map. I have been over and over this scene but to no avail.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Feb 27, 11 10:02 AM
I downloaded the game yesterday and played the free hour, i then bought the game only for it to crash at level 3 after iv cut the picture in grandpa,s house,
i have taken the game off and reloaded twice but to no avail it still keeps crashing at the same place, please help.:-((

[Post New]by crmann on Feb 27, 11 10:27 AM
I too have my game shut down after Chapter 3. She says something about going to the Louvre, and it goes off. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on Feb 27, 11 10:33 AM
I am also stuck after cutting out the painting. When I pick up the golden club (or whatever it is) from the hole in the wall that is as far as I get. I have really enjoyed the game, so I patiently uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Same darn thing. I had no problems up to that point. Hope you guys there at BF have a fix coming for this.

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by momshere on Feb 27, 11 12:00 PM
I've already sent a message to tech support, but I thought I'd put in my 2c here - same thing chapter 3, get the last key and it shuts down. As I said in my email, not so much crash (there were no loud noises heralding the error) as just flat out quit. The game just stops and goes to desktop.

But I have sent a Dr Felix and message to tech support, maybe they can find the issue and get us a fix soon. I was really liking this game so far.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Feb 27, 11 1:06 PM
I sent a message to BF CS with a Dr. Felix file attached and received a response in less than 12 hours. They are working on the problem, so I think I will try to be patient and trust that they will find a solution or an update. 'Nuff said.

[Post New]by MoonMadness on Feb 27, 11 1:53 PM
Moon, I started a new game under a different profile, too, and when I got to the same scene in Chapter 6 it was a different issue with it. There was no sparkles on the map this time. I can't get into the hotel computer because it keeps telling me I don't have all the objects yet, and I just don't see a place to get them. I believe this part has to be resolved before the sparkles will come up on the map. I have been over and over this scene but to no avail.

I started over with a new profie and have finished the game - I made sure I didn't get out of the map until finished.... but all in all it wasn't a smooth game... there were times when the game just didn't seem quite right. However, it was okay, but I liked the first one better.

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Feb 27, 11 2:18 PM
There is a fix and update coming soon!

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Feb 27, 11 2:21 PM
Capter 6.Have used the rust remover on the nuts and only 2 come off.When I try to remove the third nut ,it tells me there is too much rust o and should use rust remver,which is now gone from my inventory.Help,please.Hope your reply is not "Start all over"...TNX

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Feb 27, 11 2:46 PM
I am having trouble putting the brooch on the cabin door clip ,, walkthrough says to do that but it keeps saying it wont work.. anyone know how to get into that cabin?
thanks,

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 27, 11 3:29 PM
The game crashed for me (as with many others) when I got the key out of the niche in the wall in the attic. I sent a request for help to the Tech Support folks, including a Dr. Felix file I ran as soon as the crash happened; and included information about what type of computer and operating system I have. The more of us that provide information like that, the sooner they can get an accurate evaluation of what the conflict is. I received an update from Tech Support saying the developers are working on a new build, but the more of us that give them our information, the better.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 27, 11 3:36 PM
alphab22m wrote:I am also stuck after cutting out the painting. When I pick up the golden club (or whatever it is) from the hole in the wall that is as far as I get. I have really enjoyed the game, so I patiently uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Same darn thing. I had no problems up to that point. Hope you guys there at BF have a fix coming for this.

We, as players, need to do our part in the process of getting a solution to the problem. You wouldn't go to a doctor and refuse to speak or let him examine you, and expect to get your illness cured; would you? We have to provide Tech Support with every shred of information possible: a Dr. Felix file (run immediately after the problem occurs), information about what type of system and operating system you have, available RAM, security software, etc. The more information they have to examine, the better the chances are that we will have a solution; sooner, rather than later.

Go to: