Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Akhara: The Treasures

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 1:01 PM
lisam63 wrote:i think i need more than an hr demo to really review this one..first i didn't know that i had to get the patterns inside the gears to complete the level. altho they give you alot of detail about what to do and what each thing is for..i still found myself confused
anyway, other than sliding rows to match 3 , i encountered chain mode..and dunno if there will be a swap or group mode ?????????????
after 45 min demo, i still didn't even have enuf resources to build my hammer
even after doing the first red level...
seems like the game could have potential if the theme wasnt so bland...
it's not geared for me tho (lame pun)

lisam63, thanks for your comment!
Yes, the game has other modes like: chain, rotation and swap. And 9 mini-games.
We'll try to balance the game, that you'll have enough resources to buy a hammer=)
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 1:04 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

Hi, WolfenRaindancer!
These levels are optional. But if you complete them you will get a treasure or an ancient artifacts(a really powerfull bonuses). You don't need to complete them to continue the journey. You can just skip it.
But we are going to change it in next build. In easy mode these levels won't be timed at all.
Best regards!=)

[Post New]by gentleone236 on Feb 28, 11 1:33 PM
I'm with JammyKat...how do you get the other 3 map pieces??? it says i can build the radar in the workshop but it is no where to be found...i'm sorry i wasted my money!!!
JammyKat wrote:I liked the graphics and thought the music was soothing. I was finally able to buy the hammer, but came to the end of the first map with only 3 of the 6 map pieces. When I tried to go on, as message said I need radar to find the other map pieces, and that I could assemble it in the workshop. But I couldn't find any way to do that. I tried replaying some of the levels to see if that would get me the missing pieces, but no such luck. So I basically wasted 45 minutes on a game that I couldn't continue. How annoying!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 28, 11 2:07 PM
I think this is an good match 3 game. I like also the fact, that I can take my time and can play untimed, until I have finished the level. A buy for me

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 2:35 PM
JoyWales wrote:
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

In that case I would not buy it even as a DD.

Hello, JoyWales! We are currently working on a new build, where all leveles(even the levels with increased complexity) will be untimed! I hope you at least download the game to check it out

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 2:38 PM
MsFreddie wrote:I agree with what everyone else has said. Also had to wonder - is English the game developers third language? Have played much better slider match 3's than this one, Chuzzle for example.

Hi, MsFreddie!
Well, as for me, English isn't my native language. But the game was proofread by native speaker.
We've tried to combine 4 modes, but they are not all available in the begining.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 2:47 PM
JammyKat wrote:I liked the graphics and thought the music was soothing. I was finally able to buy the hammer, but came to the end of the first map with only 3 of the 6 map pieces. When I tried to go on, as message said I need radar to find the other map pieces, and that I could assemble it in the workshop. But I couldn't find any way to do that. I tried replaying some of the levels to see if that would get me the missing pieces, but no such luck. So I basically wasted 45 minutes on a game that I couldn't continue. How annoying!

Thank you for ur comment, JammyKat!
Let me do some explanations. Yes, the radar can really help you find all the pieces of the map. There are 4 tabs in the workshop. The radar is located in the blue tab. And it costs not so much resources.
Also, all you need to buy any bonus is to have the necessary skills, and to have sufficient resources.
In the next build we will add the possibility of finding all the pieces of the map automaticaly, without using the radar(it will be allowed in easy mode).
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 2:53 PM
cherbtoo wrote:

Thank you WolfenRaindancer now I know that I definitely won't even bother to download it.

This sort of restriction makes you wonder if some developers are actually aware that the majority of people who buy games are not fit healthy 20 year olds with lightning reflexes.

Hi, cherbtoo!
I'm really sorry if you found this game too difficult. But we add untimed mode to the game, and even levels with increased complexity will be untimed(in easy mode)!
You don't need to complete these levels, but you get rewarded if you make it.
I hope you'll try this game.. maybe later
Best regards, Michael!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 3:06 PM
LadyBlue0321 wrote:Didn't like this one. Don't have much use for slider match threes, or the ones that you have to create a trail of matches. Way too many pop up and unclear instructions. Story line? What story line. Won't get my money this way...

LadyBlue0321, we'll try to fix these irritating pop-ups as far as possible. Also this game has 4 modes.
Yes, perhaps we have not paid much attention to the storyline. It's our fault, as the developers. But we did a bunch of bonuses for the destruction (I want to believe you won't find so much bonuses in any match3 game)
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 3:14 PM
lordkalvan wrote:I could have sworn that when I chose Easy mode it said that you would be allowed to finish if the time runs out. So far at least I've been able to ignore the timer completely. On the fence with this one. I might have to try to purposely run out of time to see if you do lose the level if you run out of time. Assuming I can force myself to do that.

edit: I wasn't even trying to lose, and I was only 15 minutes into the demo hour. On EASY mode. "The time is over. Try again."

Uninstalled. If they give us a new version where Easy mode really is untimed, I'll install again, because there were parts of the game that looked interesting.

Hi!
lordkalvan, most likely you've played in the level of increased complexity (red).
At this moment, this level is timed even in easy mode. But we'll fix it in next build. These levels will be untimed. And i really hope you'll download a new version to check it out!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 28, 11 3:20 PM
I am sorry, Michael, but I don't believe I will try a rebuild. I do appreciate you coming into the forum and giving explanations, and I do think you had a good concept, but work is needed on the delivery. Perhaps you would be willing to try again with an entirely new game. I am done with this one.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 28, 11 3:22 PM
This is a very different type of Match 3 and you really have to think sometimes. However I really like the game so I purchased it and it's really fun once you get use to how things work and it can be confusing but it's one of these games you learn as you go and then you have that aha moment when you've figured it out. I think this is a unique type of Match 3 and a refreshing change you don't just match the pretty gems but you need to gather enough nuts, bolts,and screws to build your way through. You literally have to build everything and I think that is really cool you have to work for your power ups and other things so for me I think it's really nice and just a fresh and nice change from the normal Match 3 games. I'm glad I made this purchase and the longer I play it the more I love it. Thanks Big Fish and developer's for a great game.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 28, 11 3:30 PM
Thanks, Michael, for stopping by and "listening". I like the graphics and music for the game. The story is OK for the game -- really enjoy humor regarding the Dead Sea. I don't expect an epic novel in this type of game.

One part that was confusing for me was the workshop and building things. I got pop-ups saying that I had acquired skills, and that I can go to the workshop and build instead of completing the level. But when I go to the workshop, it says that I do not have the resources to build the hammer. I also got the "lightening" -- not sure what that was -- something to do with smith - can't remember. This part is really confusing at this point. Directions for what is needed to build extra items, use extra items, needs to be clearer somehow.

Liked the sliders once I got used to it. Concept of game seems good, just confusion with directions for me. Thanks for clarifying that the red circle timed level is optional. This game looks really promising, just needs some refinement.

Thanks for the game

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 3:43 PM
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are nice. The gameplay is M3 with sliders. There was a few chain boards. Also the "Dead Sea" game boards are more challenging. The instructions can become confusing and frustrating as with Easy mode (apparently when time runs out you still lose, even though at the beginning it says if tmie runs out you still can play). It took a bit but I found the radar and assembled it. After replaying some levels I found that you can click on the map piece where it is hidding on the screen, ie one map piece was on the timer. However that was never explained. Also the hint button never worked. The storyline starts out garbled and confusing. That seems to be the theme for this game - confusion.

This game is a C.

Hi, Stevihj!
I'm glad that you liked the graphics!=) I think we should add some hints and explanations about hidden map pieces to the game As i think, hint button doesn't work because you didn't buy a "Hint" bonus. You can buy it in the workshop(check the blue tab).
Best regards! And thank you for your comment!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 4:03 PM
satexasgirl wrote:I was bored most of the time so I won't be purchasing it. Regarding completing levels. On all but one I was able to complete the level even after the time ran out. The only level I had to start over ( & over & over & over...) was the one off to the right on the map-it was in red & I think I had to get 55 whatever it was I was supposed to get. I did play in easy mode. So, yes, on the regular levels you can still finish even if you run out of time, but on special levels you have to start over. I completed all but that first special level and still only had three out of six pieces of the map. It said I had to find the rest of the pieces in order to continue. I was trying to complete the special level when the demo ran out.

Hello, satexasgirl! =)
Yes, you need to find all the pieces of the map(hidden in the level) to go to the next map, and radar can help you with this. And yes, these special levels are realy very very difficult to complete. But if you complete them you'll get a treasure(resources) or a powerfull bonus, that will help you throughout the game!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 4:17 PM
gimmegames wrote:I think the timed board is optional to do. It's not on the main map path.

I played the demo hour. The game atmosphere and boards are nice. The main thing I thought should be changed in that respect is the sound you get when you collect the needed little pieces that are in the centers of the game pieces. The music is insipid, but not to the point of being annoying in the demo hour.

The game looks like it needs a lot of tweaking. The mechanics are there, just needs to focus on the player experience - the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. The flow of it needs work for the demo hour to be a good showcase for the game. I was unable to complete the timed board even after several tries, I had just finished building the hammer at the end of the demo hour and did not even get a chance to try it, and the radar mentioned as needed to find the other 3 map pieces wasn't even showing up as an option in the workshop, as far as I had seen. And in the demo hour, we were just shown 2 gameplay types - if there's more, we should be given some clue as to what more there is.

The English needs work, and the instructions need to be placed better in the game - introduced when needed, and not so many boxes one after another.

Makes me think the funds or other resources for this game ran out before any more could be accomplished on it.

Hi, gimmegames!
As i understood those "little pieces" are little bolts that you need to collect to complete the task of the level. I'll think about changing this sound. There are 4 gameplay types and 9 mini-games(green cross in the main menu).
We are currently working on these "annoying" instructions.
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 4:31 PM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:I think I like the game, but I just don't get it.

I feel like I did when I was a child playing Kerplunk & thought the aim was to win all the marbles.

I have failed the timed section 3 times already & don't have time in an hour demo to restart & reread the instructions.

An extremely confused & baffled & bamboozled Jojo

Hi, Jojo!
We will untime those timed sections as far as possible . So i hope you won't be confused again

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 4:38 PM
NormaNorman wrote:This game is a mess. On top of all the complaints listed above - including terrible English grammar, awkward gameplay, and indecipherable directions, the whole thing shut down on me after a short period of gameplay. I'd put the shutdown problem in the tech issues thread, but I don't think the game is even worth doing that. It's too bad because I love a good M3 game, and was looking forward to this.

Well ya win some and ya lose some, eh fishies!?

Hello, NormaNorman!
I'm really sorry for this shutdown problem. I'll check the technical issues thread and will see what we can do with this.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 28, 11 4:45 PM
I was going to try this game until I read that the game is timed. I like match three games but I can only play the untimed ones. I'm too slow to play with a timer and I get too frustrated to keep playing the same level without getting anywhere. A no buy for me, even as a Daily Deal.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 5:01 PM
Leanda1 wrote:Once Again CasualGran - I agree one hundred percent! And the "interruption" of the game with the stupid "Hints" was enough to drive you crazy! 5 minutes I managed to last! Terrible Game, Terrible Grammer, can't comment on the sound as I keep mine turned down! NO BUY here!

Lean

CasualGran wrote:Downloaded the trial because I sometimes like to play a good M3. But... I surely won't be playing this one.

It opens with some nonsensical story in which you, as some kind of professor, have to look for things in some house, don't ask me the reason, and then all of a sudden you have to create a map to be able to start some yourney, again don't ask me why, and after that you start to match gears. But not in the usual way, no, in this game you have to make pairs of 3 gears or more by dragging the rows they're in in whatever direction.
There's a timer, but if you choose for easy mode, you'll still be able to finish the board.
Not that I've finished even 1 board. Man, was I bored within seconds.

This M3, clumsyly made by devs that seem to imitate the artwork of Dream Chronicles isn't worth my money, time and effort.

NO BUY.

Hi, Leanda1!
Well, we'll do something with these "hints" in next build. Maybe will cut them completely. But i think we will add the ability to turn em off. I'm sorry you're dissapointed. About terrible grammer. Text was proofread by a native speaker. As i remember he lives in Detroit. But looks like the problem is not in proofread but in translation.
Any way i'm glad you played at least 5 minutes. Best regards, Michael!

Go to: