gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Welcome to Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines ™ forum

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 25, 10 10:11 AM
Gave up 2/3 of the way thru the demo. The hints are inadequate and I found it frustrating.

Whatever good qualities this game may have, if I can't play it even for an hour without getting stuck, forget it.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 11, 10 1:38 AM
The game was okay, though it wasn't a game for me. I noticed my cursor took a while before the game could actually confirm that it cilcked on anything. The graphics were nice and I noticed a few fishies that liked this game. As for today's DD you all might want to give it a try, who knows a couple of more fishies may really like it, and for those that do Happy Gaming!! Take Care and enjoy the rest of your week!!

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on May 11, 10 1:57 AM
Is this game being given away for free? No thanks!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 11, 10 11:49 AM
I found much to like about this IHOG. The graphics were clear and colorful. The option to play in an easy mode or a more advanced mode was offered. And, for those who like HOG that shows the shape of the objects instead of the printed list, this game employs that method. Some of the mini games were a bit different also.

But this will be a NO BUY for me, even at the DD price of $2.99. It is another in the long list of games that has a custom cursor that one must WORK AT to maneuver. No option is available to turn off the custom cursor. My hand and arm were becoming quite tired by the end of the hour long demo. As I've said before: when, oh, when will the developers realize that a game will sell better when they offer options like turning off a custom cursor... or playing with or without a timer, etc.

Maybe next time...

Classicaljazz

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 11, 10 5:45 PM
This game just made me tired. I don't consider "I need something" a hint. I was awear of that before I clicked on hint. I don't care what she wears or Where she dances the ight away. The game was so convoluted and scriptrd, it just wore me out.

It's sad because there were many interesting aspects of the game and the mini puzzles. I think it could have been a very enjoyable game. There was just no flow. When a game turns to more work than fun, I'm gone,

Still have 18 min. on demo, but don't expect to change my openion but I almost always give it at least the full hour,

Edited on 05/11/2010 at 5:54:04 PM PST

[Post New]by silvergirl_quest on May 11, 10 10:44 PM
trinkette wrote:
wartie wrote:i am stuck on level 5 section 3 cannot find what to put in the planitarium on table, drawers just go in and out but cannot open middle one
wartie

I also need help with level 5 section 3. Can someone help? Thanks!

You need to have all the notes from the room, and the answer will be on one of the notes.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on May 12, 10 1:01 AM
I bought the game as a DD yesterday. I didn't find it lasted very long (but I'm quick with HOGs, anyway), but I did enjoy the game and will surely play it again in a while.

I had no problems with the descriptions of the puzzles and figured out most without a description anyway. But I have to agree that "I need something" is not really a valid tip when you click on an area you're supposed to do something with.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on May 16, 10 12:19 PM
game was o.k. at the beginning but got boring quickly! always having to change her outfits, the wires games, some instructions aren't clear enough to understand. deleted it & sorry I bought it!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jun 6, 10 4:49 PM

Really enjoyed this game!

This is a thinking game so some brain work is needed,
but not to the point of brain-strain
(well, not usually, but there was that one puzzle!)

I played it one chapter at a time and was always happy to come back.

Many different mini-puzzles.

Worth the $6.99, a steal at $2.99!

herbphd
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by herbphd on Nov 5, 10 4:24 PM
WartieArtle

I am stuck in the same place. I need some help. Also the ability to skip this puzzle is not t available.
i am stuck on level 5 section 3 cannot find what to put in the planitarium on table, drawers just go in and out but cannot open middle one .
Herb

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Nov 7, 10 9:21 AM
Maybe it's just not the right game for me today - which happened before - but I just couldn't get into this one. I really wanted to like it but it simply bores me. The graphics are good, the music is ok but otherwise it's just an "eh" game. The only thing challenging are some of the mini games. The HOG parts are easy. And I didn't care for the dressing up either. So thanks but no thanks.

[Post New]by nanny91884 on Sep 4, 11 8:13 PM
CharliBrown wrote:This game is a little confussing...now I'm stuck on level 3 in the green room. I can't get the smoking thing out of the cabnit...it keeps saying "I need something"...but what...Ihave everything else. HELP

[Post New]by nanny91884 on Sep 4, 11 8:16 PM
nanny91884 wrote:
CharliBrown wrote:This game is a little confussing...now I'm stuck on level 3 in the green room. I can't get the smoking thing out of the cabnit...it keeps saying "I need something"...but what...Ihave everything else. HELP

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 31, 11 1:59 PM
This game is actually good, with great interactive scenes in it, beside the games and puzzles, I love changing the clothing, interesting twist to it.

Is actually a long game something I was not expecting.

I thing it was a lot of fun playing.

[Post New]by birdbrain1 on Feb 3, 13 7:04 PM
I'm in the green room for the 2nd time & can't find the last object that looks like a piece of paper. I clicked on hint in both parts of the room & it keeps saying that there's nothing to do & to check the other part of the room. I have the map & coordinates & they're sparkly. Am I supposed to do something with them in order to find the piece of paper? Can anyone help?

Edited on 02/03/2013 at 7:14:08 PM PST

Go to: