Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soul Journey

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Mar 1, 11 6:18 AM
tuttepeever wrote:Delightful change of pace. It's much longer than you might realize. I have been playing for over 3 1/2 hours and still not finished.

Thanks tuttepeever, I was wondering how long this game may be. Now I know it will be worth buying. Not too demanding and just the thing for entertaining my little granddaughter (not sure about explaining the 'soul journey' concept to her though)!
I'm sure she will love the animals and the help button charges fairly quickly.
Don't you just love Big Fish?!!!
Pat_ric_ia x

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Mar 1, 11 6:39 AM
I've only played part of the demo, but it seems enjoyable to me. I enjoy some games that aren't dark and gloomy. Sometimes I have fun replaying games like this on a day when it is dark/rainy outside.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 1, 11 6:53 AM
I played 30 mins of demo and then came to the forum to read the comments and reviews. I agree with the favorable comments and have found that from time to time it's nice to have a relaxing, non-mind-boggling game to play. I enjoy the intricately involved games the most and always buy them but today I will buy this game for its simplistic fun.

faylyn

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Mar 1, 11 7:00 AM
review of demo:

I was prepared for a dark game which I like, but was surprised by the bright, fun approach. I like simple or light IHOGS that remind me of the first games I played. The graphics are clear and bright. I will not go over what others have done so well in their reviews. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in the mix. I survived the demo without much direction and will buy this game.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 1, 11 7:18 AM
hated tge "letterbox" screen, my monitor is 24inches and i could not see the far right hand side where the "tools" are. some items were impossible (for me) to see.
for me it was a very boring game. to those who like it.......enjoy!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 1, 11 7:29 AM
It's a cute game and I've played 20 minutes. I'm considering a "buy" when I get my punch card credits. I won't be buying anything that is coming out later this week because I either already own the games or am not interested. I will need to use my credits for something.

I will agree with other poster's that have "senior" eyes. Some of the H0's are very tiny and these ole' eyes get strained. However the storyline is unique and since someone said they had played for 3.5 hours, then it might be worth buying.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 1, 11 7:41 AM
Cute game but my eye's are strained locating so many of the objects. For that reason... a no buy for me.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 1, 11 7:51 AM
Well this is a cute little game. I'm enjoying it but Im still debating on whether or not to purchase. I am using the hint button too many times. Some of the items are so small and my eyesight is not that great.

Im going to finish the demo and sleep on it for a while.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 1, 11 7:53 AM
This reminded me very much of Snarkbusters. It's a nice change from some of the dark and dreary vampire stuff that seems to have been common lately.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Mar 1, 11 8:17 AM
This game reminds me of the original HOGs very hard to find objects and well blended, but I like it. It has a different story line and once you get the hang of finding the objects it does get easier.

As already stated the hints do not take long and I found that when I used them (only 3) the object was pretty obvious, lol.

On my personal scale I give a 3.5-4 out of 5

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 1, 11 10:02 AM
Cute game and found it a bit too easy. Storyline was different going into different bodies and HOG's were easy to find. I will wait for a better game as have a couple I am trying to buy and waiting until they are SEs.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 1, 11 11:29 AM
This game ran fine and the screen showed as it should appear. However, even with my 24" monitor, I had great difficulty finding items. The graphics are not real sharp and items were very tiny or blended too well. Many items were at the far bottom of the screen slightly hidden by the map, etc.

I was really disappointed in this game. The story is intriguing and even though the language is not always correct, I could understand the intent of the story. A bright romp through different bodies sounds like fun. But after the first chapter of being a dog, I no longer wanted to "hunt" for the tiny objects. It was more work and frustration than fun.

Things I really liked about the game: map, unlimited hints, bright scenes, storyline

Things that need improvement: graphics and tiny objects

OhPamela
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by OhPamela on Mar 1, 11 11:36 AM
I don't comment very often but I just had to this time! I only got as far as the second
body when time ran out! The loading took up most of my time! Everything else worked fine & I was starting to enjoy it! I haven't read anything about loading times so I'm going to assume it's just my computer, even so I might use a credit for this one because it will take hours to finish!!

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Mar 1, 11 11:43 AM
leacraw wrote:I tried to like this game but found some items too small and/or camouflaged. As others have said, I had to rely on the hint too many times. I also found the spinning cursor annoying...if you clicked 3 times without a successful click it spun.

The hint system was nice as it refilled quickly but you are able to store only 3 hints at a time.

Happy gaming

I agree with you, leacraw.

Oh yeah! Objects not hidden but INVISIBLE!!!

When you have to use the hint to locate MOST objects, the game is no longer entertaining, but boring.

There is not option to remove the custom curser which is sluggish and has a mind of its own.
No buy for sure.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Mar 1, 11 12:08 PM
I lasted about half of the demo & that is because it took me that long to find the nearly invisible hidden objects. Did not like this game at all.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Mar 1, 11 12:28 PM
I had read some of the other comments on this game and different strokes for different folks. Everyone is different and I bought the game anyway because i like all kinds. wasnt sure as anyone with just playing demo but i get curious and want to finish a game i start. I like the game i usually play with sound down anyway so i dont have any comments on that.

The items ARE hard to find, but since no timer i can take my time. Usually had to use 1 hint per scene as the last item is always hard to find.

My only complaint was that some items (after i used hint) were at far bottom of screen where the menu, hint, etc.buttons were My eyes dont usually look that far down to find stuff that is where i go to either get a hint or exit, but other than that it was a great game.

I have always wondered why people have trouble downloading or get error messages from certain games, I have never had any trouble with any of Big Fish games.

I will give this game 4 stars

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Mar 1, 11 12:54 PM
I really wanted to like this game but it didn't happen. Objects are almost impossible to find and using hint after hint just takes all the fun out of it and I have pretty good eyesight. Even though the scenes are really quite beautiful they could have been larger so that objects could have been in proportion and easier to find. Sorry but no buy for me,

raylene_v
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by raylene_v on Mar 1, 11 1:07 PM
Meh

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on Mar 1, 11 1:08 PM
To Quote purplehatlady - Thanks goofyduck for yet another great review.

This was a super cute game - I thought with a title Soul Journey it would be of the darker genre that we have gotten a lot of lately - don't get me wrong, I love the creepy stuff, but this was a nice fluffy change.

I got to the 7th life before the demo ended...so have to wait for a walkthru to find out how many lives there are before I buy it. I will put it on my list but wait until it hits a daily or weekly deal - $2.99 would be great for a quick diversion.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 1, 11 1:16 PM
Thanks, Goofy, for your excellent review, as always. You have me sold and I haven't even downloaded the trial, yet!!

Go to: