Finding Dogg

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Finding Dogg

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 16, 08 4:50 PM
Awesome, Smallhaven, you've motivated me to keep trying. I have hardly gotten into endless mode yet, but I like it. Just for fun, I'm playing under the names of my two cats, and they are competing for trophies with each other. Silly, I know, but it seems to me to match the theme of the game. So far, they are pretty much tied.

Edit: By the way, I also really like 4 Elements, and yes, the games need similar strategies.

Edited on 12/16/2008 at 4:51:48 PM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Dec 16, 08 5:33 PM
Hi,
I am having fun with "Finding Doggy". Bur I really like the untimed game play. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the timer in the "Endless" mode?

Thanks!

HorseDancer

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 16, 08 7:21 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote: I really like the untimed game play. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the timer in the "Endless" mode?

I went back to the Endless mode and can't find any option whatsoever to turn off the timer. Too bad, too. I'm at Level 11 and the timer keeps running out on me. ARGH!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 16, 08 10:31 PM
I haven't found a way either. Usually endless play means you will never lose. Too bad it doesn't here. That would be a nice entertainment. I really, really don't like frantic races to beat the timer!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 17, 08 1:40 PM
chairo777 wrote:Don't know if anyone answered this yet or not but at the beginning of each level you have the option to play RELAXED MODE and there is no timers. I like blowing things up (in games) so I like this game. It's a no brainer get away from the world type game I like sometimes. One thing though I have not been able to find is an explanation for 'combos'. I get them sometimes but can't figure out how. I am on my fourth time through and have yet to lose a life. In the endless mode however I am not so lucky. However, if anyone knows what makes up a 'combo' I'd appreciate the insight.

To make a combo, make matches of the same kind of item in a row. Same color, same shape, but in different parts of the board, consecutively.

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Dec 17, 08 1:52 PM
chairo, a combo is when you do the same thing over and over again, for instance 3 pears, for either 4 times or 10 times in a row to get those trophies. I've figured out one way to get the 10x combo. It's in the very last board you play in the main game, Level 5-10. When that level opens up you will see in the top right corner a gold coin, a green leaf and a brown box. The trick is to forget about doggie for a second and remove matches in order to remove some rocks so you end up with 1 gold coin and 2 green leaves in that upper right corner. Then you keep on removing 1 gold coin and 2 green leaves till you get the required 10. There is only 10 matches and if you play it wrong you will have to repeat the level till you get just the right matches.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 17, 08 5:51 PM
chairo777 wrote:Don't know if anyone answered this yet or not but at the beginning of each level you have the option to play RELAXED MODE and there is no timers.

Except in Endless Mode when it's level after level non-stop as fast as you can go until the timer runs out.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Dec 18, 08 10:33 AM
jupiter51 wrote:Like Smallhaven I can't make it beyond level 11 in endless mode so I can't get the last 2 trophies for endless mode, I was wondering about the x10 combo but I got it the last time I played. I found one particular spot on one particular level near the end where you can get the combo. I'll let you know when I find it again.

I just got the 12 in a row trophy from the Endless Mode. It was close, though. The freakin' fish bowls kept popping up and the amount to fill it got larger and larger. Between the fish bowls and having to get large explosions... it was constant clicking to get this far. I'm taking a break before I try for the 15 in a row. Still haven't got the x10 combo, either, and will have to make that attempt, too.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Dec 18, 08 10:46 AM
Did trial of Dogg and thought it good for youngsters and i am thinking of getting it for myself for a relaxing game. I will give it a and hope it is enjoyed by all who get it.

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Dec 18, 08 10:59 AM
Smallhaven wrote:
jupiter51 wrote:Like Smallhaven I can't make it beyond level 11 in endless mode so I can't get the last 2 trophies for endless mode, I was wondering about the x10 combo but I got it the last time I played. I found one particular spot on one particular level near the end where you can get the combo. I'll let you know when I find it again.

I just got the 12 in a row trophy from the Endless Mode. It was close, though. The freakin' fish bowls kept popping up and the amount to fill it got larger and larger. Between the fish bowls and having to get large explosions... it was constant clicking to get this far. I'm taking a break before I try for the 15 in a row. Still haven't got the x10 combo, either, and will have to make that attempt, too.

Congrats small! I'm getting too fed up with the "freakin' fish bowls" and am going to stop playing it for a bit. You must have clicked up a storm. Yep, just looked out my window and you did! Getting the x10 combo is MUCH easier than this.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Dec 21, 08 11:28 AM

Sometimes the folks who create the game have a code to take off the timer - or do other things. I was hoping someone knew the secret. I don't like the darn timers! And I have played the other mode about 10 times.

Sometimes the code could be like ALT T for timer, but that does not seem to work!

Have fun!

HorseDancer

jhlipton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jhlipton on Dec 26, 08 12:31 AM
I haven't been a kid in a gazillion years, but the blowing things up and Relaxed mode made me buy it before my demo was up. A big from me!

taippy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by taippy on May 3, 09 3:29 PM
I have the same problem , in Endless mode, I can't pass the level 11. It's imposible!The timer run quickly than in others levels, i think.I play the normal and relaxed time, without problem.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 17, 10 10:43 PM
In the beginning of this thread, I read just about everyone was disliking the game, and I kept on reading and well, it seemed to more and more fishies began to enjoy it and so am I. I am sure glad Big Fish has these kid games, for the young at heart and for those you have kids, Thanks Big Fish!! TMann

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 10, 10 10:45 AM
Cute game. This is a twist on match 3's that is quite similar to 4 Elements. Despite the childlike name of the game, this is a game that can be enjoyed by adults as well. There are two modes you can play - with timer or relaxed mode. I chose with timer as relaxed is too tedious for me. Doggy is, well, a dog, and he's gotten himself lost. Each level you are given a match 3 style board where you must bring Doggy to the exit by making matches (this is not click or swap - this is done through dragging and connecting 3 pieces or more). There seems to be a new feature added on every level, either new obstacles (crates, glass jars) or bonus helpers (that allow you to scramble the remaining pieces or swap two pieces, etc). Just as in 4 Elements, often the exit is off the screen, so you are shown a map so you know in which direction to travel. Although I'm sure this game will be addicting to some, it didn't really do it for me. It is a nice game though and I can see how it would be appealing to some. I didn't really care much for 4 Elements (but I know others love it!) so if you love 4 Elements, you will probably like this game as well. I would rate this game 3.5

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Feb 15, 12 7:18 AM
This is a fun game . . . ! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that you are able to choose Untimed Mode once you complete the first level & stuff . . .

Edited on 02/15/2012 at 7:18:55 AM PST

Go to: