Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 3, 11 4:37 AM
I'd like to join that club too, I always wonder if something will get me while I'm looking through the junk pile!

On a different note please:

1) Is this a straight H0G

2) Is it ANY better than the Lost Ship! I didn't play Margrave Manor, but Margrave 2: The Lost Ship just sent me straight to hell! Most boring game (next to Haunted Hotel) that I ever played.

Kel

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 3, 11 4:39 AM
i am really liking this one, childish?? not to me, the handholding is minimal, you really gotta think about what to do next, i am really enjoying the dream card mini games, i think its very pretty artwork, all in all....a buy for me

plutiman21
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by plutiman21 on Mar 3, 11 4:51 AM
I didn't like the two earlier Margrave Manors but this one is completely different - a really nice game with lots to do in it and excellent graphics. I have been playing for over an hour and have only just finished the first chapter - I believe that there are 5. The Strategy Guide is also excellent. A very fun game - not too dark but sufficiently creepy. It seems really very different to anything else out there at the moment - do give it a try if you didn't like the earlier Margrave Manors as I think you may enjoy it.

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 4:52:32 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 4:52 AM
Kelvarda wrote:I'd like to join that club too, I always wonder if something will get me while I'm looking through the junk pile!

On a different note please:

1) Is this a straight H0G

2) Is it ANY better than the Lost Ship! I didn't play Margrave Manor, but Margrave 2: The Lost Ship just sent me straight to hell! Most boring game (next to Haunted Hotel) that I ever played.

Kel

Happy day to you Kel. Casualgran and Goofyduck both seem to say it is an IH0G and I would agree with that.

Yes, IMHO it is a lot better than The Lost Ship.

[Post New]by fishhead1967 on Mar 3, 11 4:57 AM

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 3, 11 5:04 AM
Hey Kelvarda--NO comparison to the first two losers--especially different (and WAY much better in every aspect) than the 2nd no-brainer, The Lost Ship.

Anyways, this looks like a well-done IHOG/Adventure, with two kinds of inventory, good voice acting (inVENTory doesn't bother me--I like Brit English!), and character interaction. Think you'll get hooked just on the Intro! I bought it after minimal demo time--no looking back!

Game on!

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 5:06:20 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 5:10 AM
OK! I just HAVE to ask! How do most people say inVENTory? I live in England and had not noticed this but I do tend to read and click to go to the next sentence
Come on everyone, spell it out for me please, I HAVE to know now!!LOL!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 3, 11 5:20 AM
peglegann wrote:OK! I just HAVE to ask! How do most people say inVENTory? I live in England and had not noticed this but I do tend to read and click to go to the next sentence

I don't live in England, but I watch a lot of British movies and BritComs...does that count?

I pronounce the word INventory (don't know how to do accent marks). I've never heard it pronounced any other way.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 5:29 AM
jennsmom wrote:
peglegann wrote:OK! I just HAVE to ask! How do most people say inVENTory? I live in England and had not noticed this but I do tend to read and click to go to the next sentence

I don't live in England, but I watch a lot of British movies and BritComs...does that count?

I pronounce the word INventory (don't know how to do accent marks). I've never heard it pronounced any other way.

I have been trying to say it in my head and I think I say "inventree" with no accent on anything but I have said it to myself so many times that it now sounds like a silly word altogether! Thanks jennsmom for the reply

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 3, 11 5:34 AM
i am in like the 3rd chapter, and its getting a bit laggy...anyone else?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 3, 11 5:37 AM
bella81762 wrote:i am in like the 3rd chapter, and its getting a bit laggy...anyone else?
What do you mean with "laggy"?

I like this game. I am now in chapter 2 and I played chapter 1 in 2 hours. No skip puzzles. So, I think it's a good lenght.

hpottermad
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,199 Posts

[Post New]by hpottermad on Mar 3, 11 5:40 AM
heatherington wrote:I was wondering if this was a sequel to Margrave Manor. I didn't care for those games much, but my sister loved them. Gotta have it. I'm sure it will be a goody.

Goodness, played the whole hour and didn't even notice the time passing. Not much on music, and glad you can skip those dream card things so I bought it and will have a great time playing it!

Yes it is a sequel I looked up on another site

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 3, 11 5:46 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
bella81762 wrote:i am in like the 3rd chapter, and its getting a bit laggy...anyone else?

I like this game. I am now in chapter 2 and I played chapter 1 in 2 hours. No skip puzzles. So, I think it's a good lenght.

running slow, curser jerky, inventory items moving slow to get where they are going....1st part of the game was fine

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 3, 11 5:49 AM
I think it speaks volumes for the quality of this game that the major flaw seems to be the pronunciation of one word--a new release just a few days ago was full of grammar and spelling snafus, but didn't warrant the same attention. Maybe developers should stick to subtitles and dialogue boxes--then we can pronounce as we see fit. This appears to be a very good game--I think I can get over the "inventory" hurdle! ( I love the above comments, though! LOL!)

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Mar 3, 11 5:53 AM
for me also!after the minigame on the bird house(trying to eat bugs!berk!!!) in chapter 3,the game slows very much and i had to go in options to use ordinary cursor!and i had to skip the bird house puzzle for i can't click fast enough ;the door puzzle doesn't work anymore in chapter 5,the moon riddle never works,even after solving the good items in good spots!
it is a very strange game with curious atmosphere,good graphics,good voice acting,but the music made me crazy and i turned it off!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 3, 11 5:58 AM
edmee1947 wrote:for me also!after the minigame on the bird house(trying to eat bugs!berk!!!) in chapter 3,the game slows very much and i had to go in options to use ordinary cursor!and i had to skip the bird house puzzle for i can't click fast enough ;the door puzzle doesn't work anymore in chapter 5,the moon riddle never works,even after solving the good items in good spots!
it is a very strange game with curious atmosphere,good graphics,good voice acting,but the music made me crazy and i turned it off!

is it a gamestopper??the moon riddle...i havent got there yet, am hoping shutting down the game and then going back will fix the lag

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 3, 11 6:03 AM

LOL.

I am English (from the south) & pronounce it Inven TORY. I know a lot of people on TV call it inventry as in infantry, but it is not, it is inven TORY LOL.

I also know what a port cullis is because we had to study medi evil history in school, so I suppose if your country doesn't have a medi evil history, ancient castles etc you wouldn't know (hehehe, just playing)

I have not got to the extrordinary word yet, but it is pronounced ex troard inary.

We also have tomAREtos, pot ate o's & "al you minimum"

Mind you the Geordies & Glaswegions have a whole new language of their own LOL.

ETA. The Welsh, esp the South Welsh, talk in a very slow sing song voive & elongate the vowels, so chaple ( chap pull) is pronounced chaaaaaaaaaaa pull)

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 6:06:08 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 3, 11 6:07 AM
bella81762 wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

running slow, curser jerky, inventory items moving slow to get where they are going....1st part of the game was fine
Aha, Thanks!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 3, 11 6:09 AM
I live in the Netherlands and I say in-ven-tory.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 3, 11 6:10 AM
The first Margrave was horrible, the second one a little better than the first and now the third is a lot better than the second. However, with that said....it doesn't justify the additional money that comes with a "CE". I'm going to wait and purchase with one of my 3 punchcard coupons when it becomes a "SE".

I am finally becoming picky in my old age as to which CE's I will be purchasing and this isn't going to be one of them. Usually I try to be positive about games but this one just isn't worthy of being a CE.

GKj

Go to: