KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Mar 4, 11 1:06 PM

RivenWolfe
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale

[Post New]by RivenWolfe on Mar 4, 11 1:36 PM
Really not at all my type of game as far as subject matter goes, but I'm one of the few that likes "reading" games. (poor sad teeny tiny minority we seem to be at that )
The fact that it has nine separate endings interest me enough that I intend to purchase it at some stage, even though I know it will be short once I've read the main parts and skip the repeats. I do love these multiple endings and the ability to shape your character and your story which so few games other than the odd rpg seem to have these days. [Fable -hint hint- BF ~laughs~ wishful thinking on my part I thinks.]
It reminds me of a choose your own adventure books that we had as kids, or even those old pc games where you type where you want to go or what to do.
I don't think too much of the art to be honest, but it is cute in an odd kind of way.

I want to finish it now! ~laughs~ But Ill just have to wait and go through the games I already have. *I must learn to finish the games I have before grabbing new ones*.
It also makes me rather curious about the book as I've never read it, but my Nan loved it when she was younger.

All in all, a nice change of pace.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Mar 4, 11 3:12 PM
I bought the game earlier for Valentine's day. Hubby was so sweet!! It is great getting to read the story and actually take part in deciding how things turn out. Love it!!

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Mar 4, 11 3:45 PM
Boring.

That is what sums up this game.

If I had to relate it to another game, I'd say it's rather like the Kudos or Kudos: Rock Legend. ... Only set to P&P.

I love P&P. I watched several adaptations and read several books. This game is just boring.

JA lover or not, this game is not my speed.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 4, 11 4:01 PM
dashwood95 wrote:Boring.

That is what sums up this game.

If I had to relate it to another game, I'd say it's rather like the Kudos or Kudos: Rock Legend. ... Only set to P&P.

I love P&P. I watched several adaptations and read several books. This game is just boring.

JA lover or not, this game is not my speed.

You're just in the wrong thread it's not boring at all

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 4, 11 7:35 PM
If you are looking for a game that will be worth the 6.99 this is it.......I have been playing it all day trying to get Mr. Darcy and still have not succeeded! I have to say I got my credit's worth with this game....I have only gotten six of the nine possible endings, I haven't figured out how to get the elusive mr. Darcy and yet i am having fun........It is intriguing to the little grey cells to try and root out how to win a digital man........I know it seems at first to be an unusual game if you enjoy brain twister's this game is it!!!

Still desperately seeking Darcy........

Off to play some more......

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 4, 11 7:57 PM
I'm really enjoying this game. I just finished my first playthrough and ended up as Mr. Collins's wife. I sincerely hope to do better the next time I play (which will be right after I post this!).

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Mar 4, 11 9:45 PM
Howatch wrote:I'm really enjoying this game. I just finished my first playthrough and ended up as Mr. Collins's wife. I sincerely hope to do better the next time I play (which will be right after I post this!).

LOL Sorry this just made me giggle!! I know I bought this from someplace else, but am so tempted to go ahead and use a credit so I have one here just in case something happens. It really is a delightful game. I think it would be a good character building game for tweens and teens.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 5, 11 10:39 AM
Legabriel wrote:
Howatch wrote:I'm really enjoying this game. I just finished my first playthrough and ended up as Mr. Collins's wife. I sincerely hope to do better the next time I play (which will be right after I post this!).

LOL Sorry this just made me giggle!! I know I bought this from someplace else, but am so tempted to go ahead and use a credit so I have one here just in case something happens. It really is a delightful game. I think it would be a good character building game for tweens and teens.

I don't think I'd let my teenage daughter (if I had one) play this unless there was a onehundred percent guarantee that she won't end up with either Mr Wickeby or, even worse, Mr Collins . No woman deserve such a fate

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Mar 5, 11 5:02 PM
Played through once already...I got the ending where she essentially becomes Jane Austen.

This game is so much fun for anyone who is an Austen fan. I'm going to play every single possible ending if I can. I'd love to see her end up with Colonel Brandon (or anything else that is outside the Pride and Prejudice story).

[Post New]by rcasella on Mar 5, 11 7:50 PM
Wow! Just because we are Jane Austen fans doesn't mean you have to insult our intelligence by the lack of material, content, and computer graphics. This game is laughable and nauseating at the same time. The idea is great and I really hope that someone will create an Austen world that allows us to get lost.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Mar 5, 11 9:48 PM
Pearly11 wrote:
Legabriel wrote:

I don't think I'd let my teenage daughter (if I had one) play this unless there was a onehundred percent guarantee that she won't end up with either Mr Wickeby or, even worse, Mr Collins . No woman deserve such a fate

This made me laugh so hard! My kids probably think I'm crazy right now.

HUGS

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Mar 5, 11 9:51 PM
Bhilithinn wrote:Played through once already...I got the ending where she essentially becomes Jane Austen.

This game is so much fun for anyone who is an Austen fan. I'm going to play every single possible ending if I can. I'd love to see her end up with Colonel Brandon (or anything else that is outside the Pride and Prejudice story).

LOL Maybe they will make one off the book Sense & Sensibility.

[Post New]by PrincessTomato on Mar 6, 11 12:37 AM
I am quite a Jane Austen fan and was super excited when I found this game. I really tried to like it, but honestly I think it's pretty bad. I enjoyed the "interactive novel" style of it, and I like the concept a lot, but the execution was not well done.

Some of the choices are silly and nonsensical. I played it through twice and both times, had a relationship I was building ruined by one quite arbitrary answer I gave. I understand the point of the game is to make decisions and change the outcome based on those- and also that it's possible to go back and change what you said- but it's annoying rather than charming to have to backtrack because your answer just happened to be the wrong, random thing. Or to realise that because you didn't waste entire weeks traipsing about the countryside, a tragedy is going to happen several chapters later. It also seems like other characters get angry at your character for bizarre reasons and are prone to running off with your airheaded younger sister

All in all it is a sweet idea and a nice game type, but the actual game itself must get a big from me!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 6, 11 5:02 AM
I played it a few times now and got the desired ending in which I got married to Mr Darcy and now live in a huge mansion .
Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. A lot of reading involved, yes, but so lovely worded that I didn't mind at all. Actually...I find myself now able to tell somebody that he or she is the biggest idiot walking upright on this planet, without directly insulting them . A definate bonus in my opinion . I had LOADS of fun and not only playing but also exchanging tips in the other threads of this forum.
The music is well chosen, relaxing and entertaining and unlike most the time, I didn't end up with a growing desire to through my loudspeakers out of window, which very rarely happens. It underlines everything just nicely.
When given different options to answer to other characters I sometimes struggled and I believe that is because I ended up batteling against myself. I found out that whenever I am me I would end up with the same ending and that is marrying Captain Wentworth. So to get other endings I had to force myself to detach my own personae, which was quite interesting . I found that I couldn't bring myself to deliberately achieve the ending in which I marry Mr Collins, however it eventually did happen on my quest to get all my traits just right for a match with Mr Darcy. In a way I can now empathise with a woman feels who is forced into marriage and that is not a nice feeling. For me the game was well worth the purchase, well done!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 7, 11 9:50 AM
Whew - looks like I dodged a bullet avoiding the despicable Mr. Collins. I had no idea it was my excessive willpower that did the trick! I've just finished the demo and this will be a buy. How can I NOT find out whether I end up alone or with the delectable Mr. Darcy? Though, having just met my old childhood friend who has made good of himself, I may try to head in that direction.

This is definitely a game for those who enjoy stories of the era and love to read. I'm currently engrossed in a series of books by Tasha Alexander that are set in this time period and feature the adventures of Lady Emily Ashton, a young widow who solves mysteries (and is similarly urged to find the perfect matrimonial partner). So this game is right up my alley!

i would like my 20 minutes back please

[Post New]by teela1342 on Mar 7, 11 10:57 PM
Fan of the books and movies, but this was stunningly boring. Crude graphics. No actual game play. Only made it through 20 minutes of play before I started to fall asleep while entering through all the text. Might be the most boring game I have tried from Big Fish. Congrats.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 8, 11 12:47 AM
I enjoyed it. It reminded me of Cute Knight, in a way. And I loved that there are multiple endings!

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Mar 8, 11 4:38 AM
i liked it i read her books way back in high school and have a few movies i enjoy the game very much quite a change from my usual hidden obj, time managemens, and adventure games
the cousin (vicar) is easiest to get, i also got brandan, the old guy and noone (lol) yes one ending is u get noone so completed 4 endings so far. if is not a fast past game and u do have to read and think and save (a lot) i like the fact that u can hit the back button too nice addition if u mess up i give it a 3 out of 5 over all the graghics r a bit childish (comic like) but the ideas is grade A !

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 8, 11 6:01 AM
Legabriel wrote:
Bhilithinn wrote:Played through once already...I got the ending where she essentially becomes Jane Austen.

LOL Maybe they will make one off the book Sense & Sensibility.

They already did the game is a combination between P&P and S&S

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 6:02:13 AM PST

Go to: