riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Re:Tips and tricks for Capturing Mr. Darcy

[Post New]by riefer on Mar 6, 11 12:14 PM
Jojo, did you get a better ending for the Colonel? The way I got him was by getting him to like me, then ignoring Wickeby in London, and then we danced at the ball and he proposed the next day. Is there a better storyline, which matches the book more? Every time I tried to match the book, I got stuck with Wickeby or as a spinster.

[Post New]by xmunchyx on Mar 6, 11 2:00 PM
I cannot get invited to Hunsford, no matter what I do! HELP!

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 6, 11 2:49 PM
xmunchyx wrote:I cannot get invited to Hunsford, no matter what I do! HELP!

I mail you, because I don't want to spoil things for everybody else

[Post New]by meemeu on Mar 6, 11 11:13 PM
I have done everything, including starting at chapter ten and working from there. I pick what I think are the right options...but then I get to the last two chapters and all falls apart! I really really want to have my Darcy before I go on to see what the other endings are like (Got Collins and myself so far by accident). If you've gotten him, I'd love to PM'ed with some downright walkthrough! Four hours so far and no go...

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 7, 11 3:27 PM
Don't fret my dear if you so wish I can PM you a few hints and tips, let me know

[Post New]by nuggerb on Mar 7, 11 8:40 PM
WARNING SPOILER

I married Mr. Darcy the first time...but can't complete it the second time (ending 9). Dont sleep unless needed (you can go into the 50% range with no sleep). I chose all visiting the first week. Tell Charlotte she doesn't beliveve..Accept dance, praise ball, i diagree with sisters but i dont know that it matters With Jane say like a brother, sister response you can choose any. Second week slept on monday then chose all go outside. Take leave, don't play cards, find no faults with Mr. Darcy, take objection to his view, disagree with what was said. Week 3 Sleep on Monday the rest of the week Study arts. Choose any way to answer I usually interupt him and leave. Week 4 study arts on monday so you reach 20 and can perform at the dance, read the rest of the week. Ask Mr. Denny how he like Meryton. Play at the ball, refuse to dance with Mr. Darcy. Week 5 rest on Monday and read the rest of the week. Go to Meryton, meet Wickeby but do not introduce him. Thank Bingley behalf of Jane. Week 6 I choose all reading. I inquire about Mr. Darcy and contiue home to Jane. Do no take sides. Lie to Mr Collins and say anyone (I choose Mr. Darcy). Week 7 I go visit all week. Talk about music, suggest Mr. Darcy say something, you could not enjoy the same books, ask about his immovable opinion. Defend Collins, thank sisters for their help. Week 8 I sleep Monday and Friday and go outside the rest of the week. (Willpower needs to be above 70 to stave off Collins). Refuse Collins 3 times, tell Charlotte yes. Week 9 Study the arts all week. Tell Charlotte you wish her happiness. Ask Jane what's wrong, there are other opinions. Say you don't know how long it's been and that the evening was perfect. (Now if you are going after ending 9 I am not sure what to pick as the relationship between Wickeby and my sister proves to be a problem later on.) Week 10 sleep on Thursday and study the arts the rest of the week. State to lady Lucas you would love to go and that you do not like Wikeby. Go to Huntsford with Charlotte. Week 11 study the arts Monday and Tuesday, go outside the rest of the week. Tell Charlotte you like her house, speak out of turn with lady Catherine. Week 12 sleep on Monday and Friday, go outside the rest of the week. Ask Darcy why he has come into the room, tell him he is ungenerous, relate his behavior, ask why, suggest it is his own fault.

[Post New]by nuggerb on Mar 7, 11 9:10 PM
WARNING SPOILER (PART 2)

Week 13 Sleep on Friday and visit the rest of the week. Tour the grounds. Accept Mr. Darcy. Tada!!!
If you refute him this takes you further into ending 9. I tell him why and blame him for wikebys woes. Week 14 I go out all week and rest on Friday. I tell Lady Lucas I like Charlotte, and will go with her. Now my sister comes in and I am not sure what to do, tell Jane or Dad. I chose Dad. (I wonder if my wit needs to be higher to speak my mind?) Week 15 I keep trying to get propriety down by going out with sleep on Friday. I go to Pemberly. Further tour the grounds. Week 16 I agin try to lower my propriety with sleep on Friday. I read the mail which ruins me, if I do not read the mail I still end up ruined. I suspect my sensibilty needs lowered...I am still working on it, any help much appreciated.

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 9:12:11 PM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Mar 8, 11 12:31 PM
***SPOILER WARNING***

I did it! I got the perfect ending! Many thanks to nuggerb for putting me on the right path. What to do differently: Instead of telling your father about the possibility of your sister going off and being slutty and making them all look bad, tell Jane. And read your mail right away when you receive it; this will engage you in conversation with Darcy and cause him to fix things so your sister gets married to Wickeby instead of becoming a ruined woman.

Later, you will need low propriety (I had 56) and high willpower (mine was maxed out) to refuse to let Lady what's-her-name intimidate you into not marrying Darcy. So do a lot of going outside from Chapter 16 on. Once you're through that it's pretty easy to get to the PERFECT ending - Chapter 20 - you and your sister are married in a double wedding! If you had accepted Darcy's proposal the first time, you would be quite unhappy and unpopular; with this ending, you're supremely happy and in love and all is right with the world!

I love this game! Now, should I even try again to get anyone less? LOL

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 12:35:49 PM PST

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 8, 11 2:40 PM
Go for it euphoria

[Post New]by nuggerb on Mar 8, 11 7:42 PM
Thanks! I married Mr. Darcy....the man of my dreams

[Post New]by fluffyemu on Mar 9, 11 5:57 AM
SPOILERS

Just wanted to correct a couple of misconceptions:

What makes the difference between Charlotte liking you and LOVING you is playing the pianoforte with her early on, which does require some talent. Talent also plays a part in another scene later on, but you never need as much as you would for Colonel Brandon.

Sensibility has NOTHING to do with anything. While the guide says that propriety is bad for you, it says that sensibility isn't important to win Darcy over. It sounds like people took that to mean that it's as abhorrent as propriety. Not so! You can win with 100 sensibility! It's just that you don't need to actively strive to gain it early in the game. Don't worry about your sensibility; it'll be fine.

Also, I told the father about Wickeby's intentions and I still ended up with the best ending. Someone above said you have to tell Jane instead, but that wasn't the case for me. To that person: what happened when you told the father? Something bad? My kindness is pretty high; maybe that has something to do with it.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 9, 11 9:09 AM
Ugh! This game is making me so frustrated I am starting to hate the book! I am a huge Jane Austen fan so I know the book by heart. I've gotten everything right up to the very end. Jane gets married happily, everything ends up okay, but Darcy never comes back for me and Lady Catherine never comes either. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Last night I was up until 4am trying to get the last ending and finally I gave up and married him the first time. I am thinking it has something to do with what I am having her do during the week. All she says at the end is that she can't help wondering if some choices she made along the way could have made her life different.

I've tried the way nuggerb posted (as far as the week day selections), but after the first week, I am told that is wrong. Any ideas? I am desperate! I've maxed out everything, but the propriety which I got down to 40.

Thank you fluffyemu I was thinking I had to somehow get the sensibility down. Nice to know it doesn't matter.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 9, 11 12:23 PM
If you want Darcy, stay away from doing needlework

[Post New]by blackleo32 on Mar 10, 11 6:09 PM
if you need some help to get Mr. Darcy...go to this website, it will help you out...

http://www.matchesandmatrimony.com/

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Mar 10, 11 6:27 PM
*Agree with Blackleo* The developer website is a great way not only to get Mr. Darcy but to figure out how to get the other endings as well .... So long as your semi-obtuse flow-chart reading skills are sharp!

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 10, 11 7:31 PM
Pearly11 wrote:If you want Darcy, stay away from doing needlework

well......considering that abusing the guy verbally with your tongue is the only way to get him......I would say a well aimed jab with a needle might do the trick......he'd probably be one of those blokes that likes that kind of thing!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Mar 10, 11 10:41 PM
Thank you blackleo! That did the trick. I finally got him the happy way. I figured out what the problem was. My propriety was 2 above where it should have been so I couldn't smart off to Lady Catherine. Whew! Now that I accomplished that one, I'm taking a break before I unlock any more endings. Thanks again!

atatem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Happily Ever After

[Post New]by atatem on Mar 11, 11 9:32 PM
SPOILER

This is what worked for me

Throughout work to max willpower, wit, talent, and kindness. Keep Propriety below 60 and ignore sensibility.

-Dance with Bingley and chat nicely
-At Netherfield do not over chat with Bingley, do not play cards, be fairly rude to darcy. If you have a copy of the book it will help you choose responses.
-Get some Talent and play for Charlotte
-Refuse to dance at Lucas Lodge
-Make friends with Wickeby and listen to his story
-When dancing at Netherfield make him talk
-work on that willpower to avoid the trap of Mr Collins
-Be nice to Charlotte so she wants you to visit
-Agree to go with Lady Lucas then change and go to see Charlotte.
-Disagree with Lady Catherine
-Be rude at Rosings and tell on him
-go for a walk
-Keep up willpower and refuse first proposal telling him why
-Go on second trip with Lady Lucas
At first say no to pemberly then say yes
keep exploring after you chat
stay home to read letters
When you hear what happened in london chat with you new brother in law
go for a walk
don;t know what Lady C is talking about
Go for one more walk and say yes!

hope that helps

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 12, 11 1:13 PM
autumn_leaf wrote:
Pearly11 wrote:If you want Darcy, stay away from doing needlework

well......considering that abusing the guy verbally with your tongue is the only way to get him......I would say a well aimed jab with a needle might do the trick......he'd probably be one of those blokes that likes that kind of thing!

[Post New]by akaime on Mar 20, 11 9:00 AM
hmm, seems as though I'm a big idiot... here I've tried any and every hint and help, yet its b***** impossible to get Charlotte to invite me home.. I've been kind and everything, but no! no invitation whatsoever!

sigh.. s.o.s. please help...

Go to: