Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon technical issues here only

[Post New]by TracyMarsh on Mar 17, 11 9:54 PM
I have been a regular big fish customer for years. In the last year or so, games I buy are not working right. I have the top level, quad 4, fast processor, top level video card, etc and have sent numerous Dr Felix reports to be told the same by Big Fish....yet every new game I buy is doing the same thing. It works for a few minutes, then goes into slow motion. The inventory items move in slow motion and the screens fade in slow motion. It will go away for awhile and then go right back into slow motion again. I am fed up and I am going to look elsewhere for games or else quit playing all together. I have contacted customer support many times and been told my system works fine and they can't help me. No information either. Not good. Same thing happens with this game. Tracy

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon technical issues here only

[Post New]by theshewolf on Mar 23, 11 7:56 AM
My game works fine...no jittering or crashing, but the inner dial on the safe will NOT turn.

I can turn the outer dial all day long and in both directions, but the inner dial simply will not move.

For those have issues, I have noticed that this game take a LOT of memory...I have 6GB RAM and I can not run anything else reliably wile playing this game.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Mar 25, 11 5:12 PM
I like the game, however, I have a big screen monitor and the picture goes off the left side, leaving some ****'s off-screen and the right side has a 1" black bar. It is like it is off-centered. I have tried adjusting the computer, but doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to resolve? Is hard to find ****'s if they are off-screen.

Thanks

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 5:31:57 PM PST

[Post New]by icanii on Mar 27, 11 7:44 AM
I've followed all the instructions regarding the game freezing and it still crashes on me. I've reinstalled the game again which took HOURS to download. I may never buy another game by this developer unless the demo goes without a hitch! This is only the third time I've posted but it shows how very disappointed I am. When it works it's great but I never know when it's going to crash AGAIN and it may take me five times as long to finish the game as it should!

eienmomo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eienmomo on Mar 27, 11 1:03 PM
screens fade in and out slowly, items won't let you click...and i was still on the first scene, talking with gerard or whomever. very frustrating when games don't work properly.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Mar 28, 11 7:33 AM
It took over 6 hrs to download this game where it should have taken 45 mins or less since I'm on satellite!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just finished downloading Stray Souls and it took 25 mins. I know it's a smaller download but still 6 hrs is way too long! I sure hope I don't have any problems with it running slow etc. Looks like a great game.

[Post New]by Rock_n_Rox on Mar 28, 11 5:59 PM
girlwonder wrote:I like the game, however, I have a big screen monitor and the picture goes off the left side, leaving some ****'s off-screen and the right side has a 1" black bar. It is like it is off-centered. I have tried adjusting the computer, but doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to resolve? Is hard to find ****'s if they are off-screen.

Thanks

I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLE WITH A 21" FLAT SCREEN MONITER FOR MY DESKTOP.....DID YOU GET A FIX FROM ANYONE? ABOUT 11/2" WIDE BLACK LINE ON RIGHT SIDE, MISS ITEMS......

Gajillion
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gajillion on Mar 28, 11 7:32 PM
apparently having spent my money on this game....IT SUCKS! Can't load, have to re-install everyday...just not worth it! Discontinuing my membership!
Good bye Fishy Games who don't get my credit card anymore!

[Post New]by GrannyMamma on Apr 8, 11 11:26 AM
The whole screen is very dark. I can hardly make out the inventory or the places I need to be. What is happening? I am going to uninstall and try to install again but could this be checked please

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Apr 22, 11 8:46 PM
maxxxx14 wrote:why does the game keep shutting down...

Same issue in MAC version. Shuts down completely requiring me to reboot computer.

xray8201
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by xray8201 on May 8, 11 3:50 PM
RE: "Sea Anemone" your note of 3-13 re: "spot where you put red jewel in boar's eye. Jewel now not in inventory. Can't get back in cave so game can't be continued. Did you figure out a way to solve this problem???? Will re-install work??? T.U.

[Post New]by hthrb42 on May 9, 11 5:36 PM
theshewolf wrote:...
I can turn the outer dial all day long and in both directions, but the inner dial simply will not move...

I have the same issue.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,335 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 18, 11 5:12 PM
I bought this game without "demoing" it, (my bad) and have all kinds of problems before I'm even into it very far. I have no flickering problems, but definite slowness problems. I'm just now at the circus and major slowness prevails. It plays better than it did initially, but still, it's not much fun to wait for scenes to fade in and out and ojbects to move. I'll remember the developer's name.

pammysueb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Dialog volume issue

[Post New]by pammysueb on May 26, 11 6:49 PM
I have a newer Mac and had sound problems with the dialog on the demo. Sometimes dialog volume was fine, sometimes the dialog sound turned down, sometimes (mostly) no dialog sound at all. This even happened within the same dialog. First screen might sound OK, then next screen no sound or low sound on dialog. Music and all other background sounds played fine. I have the most current Flash and Shockwave, updated system software, and my computer exceeds game requirements. I even tried 'get info' and selected 'Open using Rosetta' and that didn't help either. I have ALL the Mac games created by ERS and had no problems of any kind with any of those other games. I will not buy this game yet -- will wait for fix.

MacBook with Mac OS 10.6.7 / 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB RAM / 250GB HD

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Jun 12, 11 7:09 PM
I did the trial for the CE and had no problems at all. So, I bought the SE with a credit and it crashes as soon as I put in my name! What?!!!

HELP! I'm getting ready to go out of town where there is no Wi-Fii and I wanted to take my laptop to play this while gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by NightNeron on Jun 18, 11 7:14 AM
I played the demo and when I get to Gypsy's caravan, straight away the screen went sooooo slow! I couldn't move my mouse because it moves really slow, it took about 3 minutes to get back to normal and then went to the wolf in the cage, still slow. why does this company make really good story with graphic and such but not sorting technical problems?! I played puppet show as well and that was slow too! I've been reading this forum which I'm first time in here and find out people got same problem with slow or shut down. I really want to play this game but seems like I have to give up... (T_T)

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by NULL on Jul 6, 11 7:38 PM
I am having the same problem as previously posted here. I am in the cave and am to use the mace to break the rock, but it will not. Does anyone know who we can contact to get this fixed?

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Jul 23, 11 6:03 PM
For those have issues, I have noticed that this game uses LOT of memory...I have 3GB RAM and I can not run anything else reliably wile playing this game. My Norton gave me a popup note that 99% of my CPU was being used.
The game did run,however and I enjoyed it.

[Post New]by MaeBee11 on Aug 5, 11 11:18 AM
theshewolf wrote:My game works fine...no jittering or crashing, but the inner dial on the safe will NOT turn.

I can turn the outer dial all day long and in both directions, but the inner dial simply will not move.

Me too. Massively annoying. -_-

[Post New]by beverley2k on Aug 26, 11 6:26 PM
CROCKETT315 wrote:Several people are having trouble at various points in the game with inventory items not functioning as they are supposed to. In my own case, I am unable to proceed because the mace will not break through the hole in the cave wall. This seems a problem with the game itself, which runs beautifully on my computer.

It looks like there are several of us having this same problem - how do we get a response?
Bev

Go to: