stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Developer's Clutter Corner

[Post New]by stanliness on May 8, 11 8:48 PM
Joe - heads up - hated the clock puzzles. Loved the rest. Not sure why, but I'd dread them coming up...

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on May 9, 11 12:08 PM
Hi Stanliness:

I think that all the different mini-puzzles are hated by at least one person. The Clock Puzzles are very different and some of them even get "Rubik-Cubish" hard.

And that's the primary reason that all the Minigames are easily skipable in the main game.

I'm glad you loved the rest of the game. It's always nice to hear.

Joe
(the PuzzlesByJoe guy - not to be confused with Leon :-))

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Jun 23, 11 3:44 PM
I cannot solve or see the logic of one of the clock puzzles!!
Ccould you give me a tint clue..?Im trting to work out the logic of why the numbers turn red, and the significance of the position of the clock hand,,,,,my my .....oh dear, my poor brain aches.

maggotUK
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by maggotUK on Jun 23, 11 3:45 PM
OOOOps I know why the numbers turn red, because they are in the right place, but as soon as I move to the next number whoooooooosh it seems to move to a random place.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Jun 24, 11 2:03 PM
maggotUK:

Which Clock puzzle are you on? (either which style/difficulty numbers...if you're playing from main menu.....or what was the last puzzle before this Clock one (if it's from within the game...which set of 3 puzzles? Are any of the number spots colored).

The position of the clock hand...usually tells you how many are right (but I think I break that rule once...and that might be the puzzle you're on).

Good luck...and if you let me know which puzzle...I'll try to give you a tiny hint.

Joe

[Post New]by caccampbell on Aug 18, 11 5:21 PM
Joe, thanks for the game and for the great quotes. I think anyone who has a clutter problem (we used to call it "pack rats", will enjoy this game and use it for inspiration. I know I do.

I have one question (and it's driving me crazy). I have finished the game several times and have no problems, but the clock puzzle where the numbers bounce has defeated me time after time. Is there a tiny little hint that will help me lower my frustration level?

Thanks again!

[Post New]by lowylynne on Aug 18, 11 7:38 PM
Whoever you really are, I LOVE your game! I know it's a small thing, but I enjoy signing off without the " ARE YOU SURE???" stuff. Also, great ideas, clutter objects, beautiful scenery, and a life philosophy that goes along with what I'm learning right now in my own life. Thanks for developing this game/past time!
sincerely, Lois Nicholson, Twin Falls, Idaho

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Aug 20, 11 9:36 AM
Hi Lois:

Glad You're enjoying the game.Yeah, I've always hated the "ARE YOU SURE???" stuff as well...which is why it's not in the game. I also don't have you sign in unless you want to. (You're actually "me" until you want to change it).

As for the Clock people...I'm going to go try to open up a Clock-Hints section and write up some thoughts in that area.

It's so nice to get these posts 6-months after the game was released. You've all made my day.

Joe (not Leon - Just the Joe in Puzzles By Joe).

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Aug 20, 11 11:07 AM
To caccampbell:

This is mostly "HINT"....but some might say it's part Spoiler. Don't read further if you don't want any help on the Bouncy Clock Puzzle (last one in the game). I'll give one Hint at a time...if you don't want to read any more hints than stop....(I think there will be between 3 and 6 hints for this one).

First, it's the same as Style 2 - Difficulty 3 that can be reached by clicking on the clock in the main menu. You can play it there (instead of from the main game).

Hint 1: I'm sure you've realized that whatever you click on...the Bounce's all go to that Spot...right?
Hint 2: Is there anything significant about what is allowed to Bounce into that Spot?
Hint 3: How does Spot 10 (I mean where the 10 would be if everything is correct) act compared to Spot 6....compared to Spot 1.)
Hint 4: Only Higher Spots swap with the Spot.....therefor....you can solve it by putting the One in place first, then that 2 then the 3....etc...
Hint 5: How do you switch to spot 2....knowing Spot 1 is correct? How do you do that easily?
Hint 6: The way I do it...is I click on spot 1....then hover the Mouse over 2 while looking where Disc 1 is....as soon as Disc 1 moves...I click on the 2. Spot....then I move to hover on spot 3 looking for the 2 Disc....etc...etc...

Hope that helps. Joe

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Jan 30, 12 6:09 PM
just wanted to say i love your logo thanks for the great game

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Jan 31, 12 4:40 PM
sometimes the hint button flashes when there's no hint why is this please explain thanks

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Feb 2, 12 9:59 AM
Hi ark161:

Glad you like the Logo, my significant other (Ana) and I co-designed it.

The hint button flashes to remind a player that it's been a while since they've found a match...and can use a Hint if they want to. If you have more than 10 items needed to match....it just Auto-matches for you. (under 10...it flashes - The thinking was when there are many matches....if I can't find a match I'm stuck...and the Auto-hint (two items shaking) prods you along.....if under 10 matches...it just reminds you that you may want a hint).

In the sequel, you'll be able to turn off the Auto-hints feature completely.

Joe

[Post New]by keeshondlover on Feb 19, 12 8:28 AM
Whoever you are, God bless you. This is not only a great game, but it has changed my life. I'm not a hoarder, but a procrastantor. I've been playing your game for about three months now. You are the reason that Goodwill and the Salvation Army have been having a good month. The lessons you give at intervals are helpful. They don't pose a threat, they just remind the player of things. I get frustrated at the later level because it gets really hard, almost too hard. So - I've kept restarting from the beginning. I really want to see what you have to say near the end, but I don't know if I"ll be able to reach that point.

Anyway, I hope you create more games. You may have more messages for people like me. You have helped my life. I play and inbetween each level I clean up something or throw something away. It takes time, but it's coming along great!

Thank you, you have made my life easier.

CindyL
THe Woodands TX

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Feb 21, 12 9:18 AM
Good to hear from you Cindy. Those later levels are harder...but if you keep trying you can beat them.

Joe

[Post New]by Mathfun on Apr 20, 13 5:11 PM
When will you develop another clutter game?

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Apr 27, 13 5:25 AM
I'm working on Clutter III: Who is The Void? now...and hope to have it done by the middle of summer.

[Post New]by lenderb on Jul 11, 14 6:38 PM
Hi,
I love the Clutter games I and II, so I REALLY want to play Clutter 3! I haven't been able to though because the Play button doesn't open the game, but it closes the Big Fish Game Manager. I reported this to Big Fish Technical Support and they tried to help in the usual ways but to no avail. Apparently the Play button works for other people, so I can't figure out why it doesn't work here.
Thanks for any help you can give here.

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Jul 13, 14 10:07 AM
Hi LenderB:

I have no idea why it's doing that for you.

I'll see if I can find anything out about it.

Joe

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Developer's Clutter Corner

[Post New]by kali55 on Dec 28, 14 12:36 PM
JoeKazz wrote:Hello all:

I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post comments here on Clutter.

All the feedback is much appreciated and I learn from all of it.

If you have specific questions for me, I'll try to answer them here.

I will tell you this much. I am a lone developer and I look nothing like Leon Poncelette. Leon is quite fictional and although he occasionally pontificates a bit too much, my intent was to have him come across as much more humorous than he does.

I can vouch for Leon, and I know that he would never want anyone to get rid of any beloved house pets for instance.

The best I can say about Leon, is that I tried to make it as easy as possible to ignore him if you don't like that kind of stuff. (and it's very nice...that some people seemed to enjoy all the "clutterisms" and other advice he gave).

Thanks again. It means a lot to me that some of you seem to really appreciate some of the choices I made in the design of the game.

Joe

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by kali55 on Dec 28, 14 12:39 PM
Hey Joe, So happy you are here with all of us. Joe, is there a way to stop the hints given by the objects shaking? It can be irritating not to mention many like the challenge of not getting that kind of hint when there are other hints available to use. Thanks so much for work well done. When is clutter five coming out and do you have any other games?
kali

Go to: