cmh47
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Object

[Post New]by cmh47 on Mar 7, 11 5:12 AM
dimajo wrote:
tillybaby wrote:Agree with everything that has been said so far.

A few months ago I was earning two free games vouchers every month, in fact I was getting worried about the amount of money that I was spending on games but now - nothing, I am finding difficult to even use the bought credit that's compulsory to remain a member, there is definitely a downgrade in games and how many more straight HOGs do we need for goodness sake?

Unfortunately I will soon be cancelling my membership through lack of games to buy UNLESS there's a rapid upgrade to games that warrant a price tag.

Same here, don t buy CE games first time in years i have credits available, planning to cancel membership

I have 2 free game vouchers but I am starting to get worried that I will not be able to use them before the end of the month. I appears that at the moment to only good games are all CEs that you have to buy and not be able to use the free vouchers against. If BF would allow use to use these vouchers towards the cost of CEs it would be a lot fairer on all gamers. Come on BF and make that decision you have been promising it for long enough. I know that there are a lot of BF gamers out there that are getting really fed up with the lack of good games and not being allowed to use free vouchers or credits towards the cost of CE games. When o When with the decision be made.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Waste of Time

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 7, 11 5:17 AM
I'll keep it simple...It stinks! I can't think of anyone I would recommend this game to, even beginners could find a better game to start their gaming experience. Not as bad as Dr. Jekyll"Extended Edition" (like we needed that one extended, right?) from yesterday, but it's a close runner-up.

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by stevieferr on Mar 7, 11 5:20 AM
Lets face it after yesterdays woeful example anything is better but not much

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by MoreOver on Mar 7, 11 5:34 AM
I appears that at the moment to only good games are all CEs that you have to buy and not be able to use the free vouchers against.

Here we go again, I don't get it. Fish are threatening to cancel their memberships because they don't have the patience to wait for the Standard Edition to become available in a few weeks. The SE is the same game as the CE but without additional wallpaper, strategy guide, etc. The game and quality is the same so what is the big deal????

So use your credit or coupon to purchase it a few weeks later instead of trying to intimidate BF into changing their (and the developers') marketing strategy.

BTW, check other game sites to see how they are handling the CE vs SE releases. Bet you find that they either follow the same process or not offer the CE at all but release the SE at the same time BF releases its SE.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 7, 11 5:36 AM
well, i thoght this game might be good, and it wasnt awful, just kind of meh..

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 7, 11 5:37 AM
well, i thoght this game might be good, and it wasnt awful, just kind of meh..

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Mar 7, 11 5:43 AM
MoreOver wrote:
I appears that at the moment to only good games are all CEs that you have to buy and not be able to use the free vouchers against.

Here we go again, I don't get it. Fish are threatening to cancel their memberships because they don't have the patience to wait for the Standard Edition to become available in a few weeks. The SE is the same game as the CE but without additional wallpaper, strategy guide, etc. The game and quality is the same so what is the big deal????

So use your credit or coupon to purchase it a few weeks later instead of trying to intimidate BF into changing their (and the developers') marketing strategy.

BTW, check other game sites to see how they are handling the CE vs SE releases. Bet you find that they either follow the same process or not offer the CE at all but release the SE at the same time BF releases its SE.

People are just venting... they pay their membership dues, they have the right to their opinion.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 7, 11 5:50 AM
Oh, puh-leeze, people--this isn't a thread about cancelling BFG memberships! bella81762's one-line post is WAY more germane to the theme of this forum. When I clicked on this one, I expected to read MEANINGFUL comments and reviews--hopefully, there will be more. In the meantime, I'm glad I used a credit for this--I think it'll be fun!

slinkysmom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by slinkysmom on Mar 7, 11 6:14 AM
tj1147 wrote:I have a question (and will probably get "slammed" for it). Comments and Reviews is a good forum for letting others know how we feel about a game or any of its components, and for giving our personal reviews of a game (which can help others decide about buying...I always read the reviews of those more experienced than I). Now the question - if someone doesn't like a particular game or series of games, why post on the forum planning to "cancel membership" if "better games" aren't made available ("better" is relative to each player I would think). Why not just cancel membership "quietly" if one is not finding games they think worthy of membership price? Why feel the need to post cancelling on the forums?

I could not agree with you more. If anyone is having issues and cancelling memberships, I feel writing to customer service under help section is far more effective than using the game review forums. I did just that recently and it is more likely to passed on to powers that be than in the review forum.

As far as this game goes, playing demo and I found it to be easy but as some pointed out, it is billed as a **** and that is what you get.
I like a change of pace and this game is just that. Still playing trial but I certainly will use free game credit or DD if it pops up there fore sure.
Happy gaming all!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 7, 11 6:18 AM
I was hopeful about this game since it looked good, the opening graphics was fantastic and there I was, again surrounded by a-gallion pieces of junk, small, dark coloured and I groaned. I kept going until the riddle page..that was it. Oh, come on, make 'em small why don't you, make them dark also...oh, and make us figure out what the heck we're looking for. Not a good way to start and ugly rainy day.
I know there are some good games out there belonging to the #house, wish they'd release them to BFG.
Oh, a note to BFG---by the by..it's still ugly outside and we are all inside plugged to our computers..THIS is the time to sell us your good stuff, not in the pretty spring and summer and fall when we're outside and no where near our computers. If you want us to buy, pull out your good stuff now. In another month we'll be busy with other things and you'll wonder where the money went. Just a marketing suggestion.
kris

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 7, 11 7:18 AM
I rather like the game, being a HOG fan. It's not Spintop, but still...I've been playing for 30 minutes. I would be interested in finding out if anyone finished, and approximately how long it is. I'll probably use a credit on it anyway, but I do like to have an idea of how long a game will be.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 7, 11 7:24 AM
tj1147 wrote:I have a question (and will probably get "slammed" for it). Comments and Reviews is a good forum for letting others know how we feel about a game or any of its components, and for giving our personal reviews of a game (which can help others decide about buying...I always read the reviews of those more experienced than I). Now the question - if someone doesn't like a particular game or series of games, why post on the forum planning to "cancel membership" if "better games" aren't made available ("better" is relative to each player I would think). Why not just cancel membership "quietly" if one is not finding games they think worthy of membership price? Why feel the need to post cancelling on the forums?

You've brought up a great point that has been thrashed to death. Nobody listens to common sense. You're wasting your breath. Sorry.
Dr.good

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Object

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 7, 11 7:39 AM
dimajo wrote:

A few months ago I was earning two free games vouchers every month, in fact I was getting worried about the amount of money that I was spending on games but now - nothing, I am finding difficult to even use the bought credit that's compulsory to remain a member, there is definitely a downgrade in games and how many more straight HOGs do we need for goodness sake?

Unfortunately I will soon be cancelling my membership through lack of games to buy UNLESS there's a rapid upgrade to games that warrant a price tag.

Same here, don t buy CE games first time in years i have credits available, planning to cancel membership

Remember....
You get a standard credit for your membership .
The membership lowers the price of your games.
Punch card credits are a perk. A freebie offered by BF.

It is only the 7th day of a 31 day month.
Between TNR,TGT,DD and COTW,you have 75 more chances before the end of the month. Somehow I think you'll find something to spend your credits on.

Happy Gaming

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 7, 11 7:56 AM
Hi fishies,

Just swimming in to post a quick reminder that this is a thread for the review of Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks, and Hidden Objects.

If you would like to discuss game offerings you can create a thread in the Chit-Chat Corner forum here or continue within the existing thread; General Games Discussion.

Thank you and happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 7, 11 8:14 AM
Well, I've played about 20 minutes and so far I haven't come across any "hilarious gameplay," as stated but in all fairness to the developers it's a good beginner/kid's game.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 7, 11 8:29 AM
I didn't get very far playing the demo. For me it's too hard to find the objects - too dark even with my monitor settings for contrast and brightness at 100%. I tried using the hint button, and found one item easy enough with it, but after it looked to be recharged, I couldn't get it to locate the second object I needed to find.

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Mar 7, 11 8:35 AM

Sadly, I'm in the same situation. Where once I filled 2, 3, 4 punchcards and still had a waiting list, I now find it difficult to spend one credit a month. With the rare exception, all the good, interesting games are CE's - and I refuse to pay the price for them. The wait for the SE version has become untenable stretching to 5-6 weeks from the original promised 2-3. I've been researching other sites and am considering a 'one price for unlimited play' portal. BFG has turned their backs on their loyal customers who refuse to buy CE's. A shame.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 7, 11 8:38 AM
Well, I played about 10 more minutes in and found that the riddles really sucked in some cases -- couldn't make any sense of them at all -- and the hidden items are either too small to see or just poorly hidden in some places.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 7, 11 8:40 AM
The graphics in the opening scene are beautiful. It goes downhill from there. I agree, it's a good kid's game. I did the riddles and put the items back into the silhouettes. When it wanted me to find by silhouettes I shut it down and uninstalled it. Definitely a kids game. It's a no buy for me even with a free credit. I'll wait for something better.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Mar 7, 11 8:42 AM
[b] Well, I tried this game after reading all the review's. Can't say I liked it. You all are right about the HOG's being rather dark and small. Think I'll save my credit's for something more intersting. Seem's, tho, that all the really interesting game's are CE"s. No punch card credit's there.Won't stop my membership,tho. Just hope BF take's heed of all the dis-satified member's or it look's like they will be losing alot of member's.

Go to: