joray2
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by joray2 on Mar 8, 11 4:08 AM
I have three words to best describe this game" THIS GAME SUCKS!

1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Mar 8, 11 4:20 AM
I will plod through most demos hoping for things to get better but i only lasted 30 minutes and that was 29 minutes too long. This game should be placed in the Hall of Shame.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 8, 11 4:21 AM
I'm wondering if I am playing the same game as everyone else. While the graphics are blurry for the opening scenes outside the mansion I can't really say that the hidden object scenes are fuzzy, and I'm not having any problem finding the objects. I really don't expect the whole story to be laid out within the first 5 minutes but it does seem to be developing after a half hour of play.

I'll finish the demo and update, but so far this looks like a decent game so I can't understand why every other posting is so completely negative. You may want to try this one for yourself - it looks like another love-or-hate game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 8, 11 4:23 AM
Ok, I'm not going to ask anyone to explain reasons why you think the game sucks. I came back to review or comment the demo. I can't even do that.

I shall review the failed install then since I didn't get the joy of seeing what a real dog looks like, wasn't going to stay long on it anyway but sometimes seeing is believing.

First, the download took over 12 minutes crawl time on high speed cable. That's twice as long as most CEs twice this size. What on earth could require 250mbs in the first place. I don't suppose it was high traffic on the game server after reading lack of interest.

Maybe my bad, I hit cancel on the dirX update, I already have it and every other update, java, flash dirx11 I think. Once in GM (updated yesterday with a demo) I hit play and got error 126, somethng DLL corrupted. Didn't take me long to find Uninstall, wow that went fast.

Yeh I posted on the tech thread, but I said I'd be back with my comments, guess I'll have to take other's word and grateful I just wasted 15 min, not even demo time.

goofy is probably trying to recover from shock. Probably would have been the shortest review she ever wrote. Unless God forbid she didn't crash trying to install. Or speechless?

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 4:23:44 AM PST

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Mar 8, 11 4:23 AM
It is sad what has happened to the good to great HOG games.

This one was really bad and there hasn't been a good one that I haven't waited
weeks to get because I didn't want to pay for the CE. I find that in most of the CE's the extra game play just isn't worth the extra $7.00 for me.

I tried the demo on this one and lasted about five minutes and then gave it up. Not a buy for me so I guess I just have to wait until BFG decides that another HOG can be bought as a standard edition.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Mar 8, 11 4:37 AM
Oh dear; this is a game that Mudrock posted as 'many of you will fall in love with right away'

Enough said along with these reviews

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Mar 8, 11 4:58 AM
SeaBamboo wrote:Oh dear; this is a game that Mudrock posted as 'many of you will fall in love with right away'

Enough said along with these reviews
More like " many of you will fall down with no love right away"

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 8, 11 5:07 AM
I didn't last very long. Couldn't even finish the first H/O scene because the graphics were too blurry. I do see the story line. The journal flashes at the beginning of the game (upper left) and you can read a letter before you start exploring. The cursor is enormous and there's no way to get rid of it. It seems like an easy enough game, and probably one I would have enjoyed if I didn't feel I was looking at the graphics through gauze. So, not for me. However, I'm happy about the DD, so no real disappointment here.

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Mar 8, 11 5:11 AM
Maybe goofyduck is still searching for the words to describe this dog...

Ugly, clunky cursor - and I agree that it's silly to have an option button if you can't adjust anything. I think most of our computers already have a thing called volume control.

It looks like Felix is dressed for Mardi Gras, so maybe he'll find a better HOG in the Big Easy.

vsbash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vsbash on Mar 8, 11 5:17 AM
Well, based on the reviews - BLECH!!

BF, you really need to find us some good games this month. Last month was a let down IMHO and I had such high hopes for March but it's not happening. More games like Phantasmat please!! What's even worse is you put on this great prize drawing but we can't enter because there's no games to buy. . Back to the archives for me. Maybe I'll find something I overlooked in my quest for a fun, non-boring, keep me interested game.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Mar 8, 11 5:19 AM
I lasted about 10 minutes. This game is not fun & kind of annoying too.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Mar 8, 11 5:21 AM
I really thought that this game was going to be what I, and many others, have been waiting for............but NO! I played for about 5 minutes and got bored rather quickly, especially with all the picture puzzles, I mean for goodness sake they're such old hat! Oh and shooting those stupid ghosts, that peed me off well and truly. Another childish and unimpressive game! Needless to say I will NOT be buying it

Are our comments and reviews really taken on board?! As others have said we haven't had a decent adventure/HOG game (one that's REALLY worth purchasing) for some time now. Please BFG can we have a feast and NOT just the crumbs!!

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Mar 8, 11 5:37 AM
Review of demo:

While not the high end game we love, it is playable. I did not care for the cut and paste graphics of the first hidden object scene. It was junkpile as well. The second scene was better. I found the graphics clear. The cursor is annoying and the interactive aspect is from the stone age. There are better games out there to spend money on.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 8, 11 5:40 AM
I also ignored the reviews and tried it for myself. Everyone is right. This game is awful. The mouse only works for right handed people and I'm a leftie which means I'm clicking backward for me. One of my pet peeves is the size of the items in the hidden object scenes. In the first and only one I played there were a violin, a scorpion, a snail and a saucer all about the same size. Then there was this tiny man's shoe. I found most of the items just by random clicking. One of the clocks was the bottom corner of a brown thing on the top left of the screen. I guess it was supposed to be a bit of the bottom of a grandfather clock case. I found the key to the front door and got kicked out because I hadn't found 5 gems. I'll pass.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 8, 11 5:42 AM
So sad This game sounded great, but it wasn't. I'm not usually one to complain about things such as Bing bar (I just uncheck it, but I can understand why some people hates that) or CE's (I like most of them but if I don't think they are worthy of CE I just wait until the SE version) or even lack of decent SE games (I just think Ahh well, not every game can be a masterpiece). I'm not feeling too upset about the lack of decent games. March isnt the first month I havent had any good games.

But I was so excited for this game and it's no good. I played 30 minute of the demo and didnt even get into the front mansion door. Well I did but I had to find more gems or something like that. I couldnt figure out how to do so.

And I used way too many hints in the one hidden object scene I managed to get to in the first 30 minutes. And I thought it was sad that even with a hint, you still can't find the object! And least that's what I thought at first. After my second "hint" on that particular item, I found out that it was the correct object but it just wouldnt let me pick the object up. I got my stupid red lighted swirly pentalty for clicking on the right item. Plus the "ding" every time an object was found got annoying.

I do hope that Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition will be good.

No buy, not even worth a credit I hope March gets better, if not, hopefully April will be great.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 8, 11 5:49 AM
OMG....I am with you Sinshack, in wondering if I am playing the same games, as everyone else.
Yesterdays comments on that game was that the objects were so small, you couldn't even see them, I had no problems what so ever, finding them, and really enjoyed the game.
So I am very grateful that you pointed out, that the graphics are not fuzzy, I always try the game out for myself anyway, so d/l now, to give this one a fair shake.
Keeping fins crossed, that I like this one also :-)

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Mar 8, 11 6:04 AM
Sure wish i could find a game worthy of my credits! A no buy for me...silly game!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Mar 8, 11 6:09 AM
They're offering the bad games hoping we will buy them just to be entered into the March sweepstakes.

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Mar 8, 11 6:11 AM
I agree with drgood...........I have posted similar comments in the past .......right now I have a free game plus game credit that I have not been able to use because of the " dollar store " games released...........it's getting very frustrating and to top it all off I as a canadian now pay more for games when our dollar is more tham not on par with the american dollar........I would rather pay US prices and take my chance on the exchange!

[Post New]by minniesamson on Mar 8, 11 6:12 AM
I haven't tried this game yet and after reading all the comments I have no intension of doing so. However to me it sounds as if people have forgotten how different we all are when it comes to taste and interests. I am sure that there must be someone who would find this a good game.... or maybe not?

Go to: