Cards13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Glimmer

[Post New]by Cards13 on Mar 9, 11 4:04 PM
At first while playing the demo I was encouraged that this was a different type of Match 3 game that shows good potential. But as Shasta24 mentioned - it appears it came to market too soon.

I muted the sound and determined where to click on the map to get each stage to open but while the game does not lack for dialog as to the story, there is little explanation of why gathering these resources? Never use what gathering for anything and no power ups in demo.

Apparently you can't lose so why is the "heart" important?

Early on I saw some typos (or spelling errors) in the dialog of the story - but I just skipped that.

But I believe the potential is there as far as having to think about the moves but for me if no time limit and can't lose than no need to think of short cuts - just keep moving until something falls in.

Hope the developers continue working on the game and improve on it - I really like the basic idea but if make more difficult (so can lose) or need to gather something - that would be a nice improvement.

To get the level to open - I suggest you click on the symbol on the board and not on your game piece, which tends to stop moving close to the symbol but not on it.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Mar 12, 11 3:26 PM
Graphics are so-so, music didn't drive me to turn it off as I usually do, and I just skip through most stories anyway - BUT- the game play was very interesting. Really nice change on a match three that makes you think about your moves and sort of twist your mind around the movement of pieces.

Kudos for originality to the developers, maybe next time focus more on improving the graphics.

One of Few Who Bought Game - Stuck At "Avirith"

[Post New]by Friday8086 on Mar 14, 11 8:01 PM
I am stuck at "Avirith" and can't figure out how to get any further. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by LudomoGames on Mar 15, 11 4:23 PM
Hello everyone, thanks a lot for all of your comments, we will take them into consideration!

@ Cards13: Resources are your currency in the marketplaces where you can buy powerups. Also, you can actually lose: either by running out of health (by being hit) or when a monster gets too close to you. The hearts you collect prevent this from happening, so you probably have always had enough hearts so far. Both your comments point out that we did not made this clear, thanks!

@ Friday8086: You probably died when fighting a monster (as described above). My advice is to try the last level again, first collect some more hearts in other levels, or buy some powerups at the market. When fighting monsters you should try to avoid making any red block matches and make only green ones.

[Post New]by Friday8086 on Mar 16, 11 8:51 AM
The Avirith level ends, I do not die and a page full of dialog comes up. At the end of the written diolog it says, "I can not get past the "Kylbarg Range." What is the secret of getting past the "Avirith" level?

[Post New]by LudomoGames on Mar 16, 11 4:12 PM
Hi Friday8086, we have checked your question and there is no secret getting past the Avirith level. When you have completed the level (and the dialog appears) the next level should unlock (a monster level). When you return to the mapscene you can play this next level. I can imagine you have overlooked it, here is a screenshot for clarification: http://www.ludomo.com/Avirith.jpg

The dialog sentence 'I can not get past the Kylbarg Range' is what your predicessor has written in stone and part of the story, glancing back at when you could not get through the Kylbarg mountains 19 levels before and had to go all the way around, which you did.

I hope we have answered your question and you will enjoy the rest of the game!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 22, 11 7:12 AM
Thanks Ludomogames!!!

I had decided to come back to this game as I did like my original trial.

Your comments here helped me to decide to buy.

[Post New]by balloongirl2 on Mar 28, 11 6:04 PM
i tried glimmer today and got through o ne level, 30mins! it was so slow. i have a new computer so it is not the comps fault. it was like watching paint dry but the paint was faster. pity. i read the other psots seems like i am the only one with this probblem. lucky me lol

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 29, 11 4:33 PM
I am enjoying the story and the feeling of traveling through the land. This is NOT the typical "slider" type of match 3 (i.e. not Chuzzle style) and you can make moves that do not result in a match... in this way you can actually try to set up larger matches. I think the arrows, row swaps, and wheel mechanics keep things interesting... but as other fishies said, this can feel a little slow.

I bought some power ups in the town (if you didn't read the story, you might have missed the reference to "go relax in town") but I've only tried the bomb so far. It really is too bad that this came out just after several VERY GOOD match 3 games...

I'm going to wait on this one for now... I do want to finish the story and I do like the difference in the game mechanics but it is on the slow side... Maybe if we could do something else with our resources and buy "attributes" or something... upgrade your bow for fights, earn more resources for matches, or require less matches to earn the bonus... another fishie mentioned building a house or something but that doesn't really fit with the "travel" part of the story... maybe let us buy armor or change how the character looks... I don't know... but it does feel like it is missing... something...

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 6, 12 6:43 AM

Game could use some better color/graphic and different sound or an option to turn it down a couple of notches, like the fact that you're not racing to beat a clock. An ok game... not a replayer for me.

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on Sep 21, 13 7:33 AM
I bought this one out of sheer curiosity for the bad comments ;-).

Yeah, it is not really challenging. You can't lose. But it's pretty, it's different, the story makes you wonder and the sounds aren't obnoxious.
Nice one to relax and just slowly get on with it :-D.

(It didn't lose my progress. But then, I wasn't able to put a name on it anyway.(on a mac 10.6))

And now I've finished it, I must say, I liked that story!

Edited on 10/27/2013 at 9:44:26 AM PST

Go to: