Re:Your Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 10, 11 1:29 AM
I played out the demo too. It does look like a good one, and I know that I will buy it too. But not this morning, lol. I don't really mind a CE, but like y'all, when that is the only time we do get a really good game, I don't think it is good for business. I will do my own little protest and make them wait for my moola, instead of jumping on the bandwagon right off. Like they really give a hoot, lol. Anyway, this does seem quite interesting and I am glad the SG was included or I would have been stuck a few times.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 10, 11 1:29 AM
kdubs wrote:As to the game -- Good news! The Strategy Guide is available for the sample portion so everyone can see how it is set up.
Two modes, advanced and casual. Choice of Custom Cursor or system cursor.
Graphics seem decent enough, but no voices ?
Only played 20minutes, saving the rest for tomorrow.

Hooray kdubs! You've stayed with the TOPIC and didn't jump on the "bash the CE" bandwagon!

This game looks like a winner. The intro almost appears as a full-motion video, the options are good (including cursor choice), Strategy Guide in the demo (!!!), graphics are WAY beautiful. No voices? Bummer, considering the game file size (850 Mb), but maybe that promises a lengthy experience. First hidden-object scene was a bit cluttered, with a couple of rather small items--I tried the rechargeable hint system--worked great and filled up again in no time! (I can identify with snow on the ground in October (New England), and I'm not an experienced bird-watcher, so I doubt I'd know a Kookaburra from a Whipporwill!)

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 1:30:55 AM PST

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 10, 11 1:30 AM
So far so good! I like that it's different in setting from other games.
Great graphics and intriguing story line. Others may not like the creepy sound effects but I'm enjoying the ambience.

Just adding after buying and playing further I really like the different scenes this games take you to, some very modern which is a nice change from the princess/archeology etc settings. You even get a -Spoiler - plasma gun - at one point. How do you do that nifty hide the words till you highlight them thing?
Any way it's a great game and no hint penalty!!

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 3:36:36 AM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 10, 11 1:39 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:Good Morning all !.

I have 8 mins to spare on this game.

It is a very pleasent H O game with an inventory etc and puzzles.

I will definitely buy it as a SE but not as a CE, partly because it isn't quite worthy of CE status just yet & partly because I am on CE strike LOL

The help button is useful & recharges at a reasonable rate not only showing you objects but directs you where to go next. The stratagy guide is also clear and easy to follow.

I found the few puzzles I did a bit bizzare. I suppose I is my fault but I do not do algebra at 08:30 in the morning, but they are skipapble if the solution in the SG is unhelpful.

NellieGemini, it is debatable whether Cornwall is actually part of the UK (Says she from neighbouring Devon LOL) although we are free to enter it free of charge, to keep migration down, we charge the Cornish to leave it via the Tamar bridge LOL.

Tuttlepeever, I think Nellie was just having a light hearted dig, not a moan, As far as I know there are no kookaburra's in Cornwall, not even in Newquay zoo

I didn't mean my comment to be offesive to anyone. I have noticed however, that some comments are left around grammar etc. The developers are usually from foreign country so I have a lot of forgiveness since I too once had to learn a foreign language.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 10, 11 1:53 AM
Hi fishies,

As this was the comments thread created earliest, I've gone ahead and stickied it for your convenience

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Mar 10, 11 1:53 AM
I demoed the game and I always use the sound-- .cuz I'm playing in the dark and...sometimes I like to be scared!
Anyway, there is a SG and I believe you get achievements for completing certain tasks. I did skip a puzzle though (I despise sliders) but love the spookiness/attractiveness of the game, also it looks to be long (10 chpts? anyone correct me if I'm wrong) plus a bonus chpt. It's a buy for me since I didn't know what to use my credit on... Besides, I these devs! They always make fun games.

Off to buy...Happy Gaming Everyone!
- lunachan

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 1:56 AM
care___916 wrote:Downloading now , cant wait. Looks like I am going to lose 6 game credits since lately the only decent games are CE's and not regular versions of games. Why do we get 3 game credits for CE's and I cant find games the next month to purchase with them.

Love BFG but it is trying some times.

Love this game, purchasing right now. I enjoy the storyline, great graphics. Big improvement --- would have been acting voices!!!!

Happy gaming

What I did (same reoccuring problem) is emailed customer service and told them my punch card credits had expired because I had nothing to use them on! They issued me game coupons that don't expire. My suggestion would be to try that. The sad thing is that I haven't been able to use the coupons yet either! LOL. At least these don't expire...but that will at least preserve the punch card credits you earned! Hope this helps-

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 10, 11 2:02 AM
Sorry fishies. I have to ask. NO offence to anyone.
Is this a C & R thread, or yet another thread about CE's in general and credits?
I believe we already have 2 threads in this forum, on this topic

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 10, 11 2:10 AM
peglegann wrote:Sorry fishies. I have to ask. NO offence to anyone.
Is this a C & R thread, or yet another thread about CE's in general and credits?

Hey peglegann--what a great question! I came here to to read meaningful Cs & Rs about the GAME, and to make my own input. I didn't expect (well, now, yes I do--I'm not surprised) BFG and CE bashing. Wish we could separate wheat from chaff!

P.S. (See my previous post--hats off to kdubs for steering this thread back on the right track!)

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 2:12:48 AM PST

marciabb
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by marciabb on Mar 10, 11 2:17 AM
jkuci wrote:
I played the entire trial, had no technical problems and the game proceded very smoothly.

I enjoyed the great graphics and the ancient celtic theme with a modern day mystery. No voices but interesting sound effects.

I will definitely buy this game!

Same for me !

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Respect

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:23 AM
Come on now fishies. People can post what they want to post in the forums. It is the COMMENTS and reviews thread.

It is a hot-button issue for A LOT of members so why stifle it? Just don't read those posts if you don't want to, it really is that simple!

I've been in my share of forums and the reasoning of "having to sort through all those comments is annoying" just isn't a logical reason to get upset. Do we all read every review that's posted, whether game related or not? And there can be dozens of pages of people's game reviews. So that reasoning makes no sense.

I really think it should just be, well, let be. There's no reason for the forums to become a playground complete with bullies and those getting beat up by bullies. It is quite sad really. We're all adults here...playing nice should not be hard to do.

The beauty of the forums is being able to share whatever COMMENTS and reviews players want to share. No one forces anyone to read all of the content.

As far as I know, the comment and review thread does NOT translate into "comments and reviews that are deemed acceptable for posting by a few players."

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:29 AM
elldee2728 wrote:

Hey peglegann--what a great question! I came here to to read meaningful Cs & Rs about the GAME, and to make my own input. I didn't expect (well, now, yes I do--I'm not surprised) BFG and CE bashing. Wish we could separate wheat from chaff!

P.S. (See my previous post--hats off to kdubs for steering this thread back on the right track!)

With all due respect, I have to ask, under your own guidelines of what posts are considered "meaningful" as stated above, would your above post be one of them? It is after-all, not specifically game related.

Some food for thought. My point is, let people post what they want. It is comments and reviews. There is no judge or jury on what is considered "meaningful" posting.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Mar 10, 11 2:31 AM
@Lunachan and @Dobbiemijnboekje, could one of you two, or anyone else, tell me exactly how puzzles in this game can be skipped? Maybe I'm getting old, but up till now I haven't discovered a skip-button.

Thank you!

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Mar 10, 11 2:31 AM
Mornin' All, I played the full demo/trail when it first came available 2am here in arkansas, usa.
I play with no sound, so not to wake up hubby or the pooches.
The game loaded smoothly, beautiful graphics, love the whole celtic theme.
I really liked that the star of the game, went to help her ex boyfriend and really seemed to care, rather then the 'grandpa is dead, let's clean up the yard theme' that we have seen before. You get right to the searching, no packing, just straight to the saving. i like that,too.
The SG worked from the start, hit system recovery is fast, no penelty for miss clicks, the puzzle skip option seemed fast also. You have volume control, cursor option and i think one other thing.
This game doesn't seem dark or creepy to me, it is a mystery and 'yes' there is less then alive people. But i hope to unfreeze them if possible !
lots of puzzles, the h o g areas are neat, and i could see the items without glueing my nose to the screen !
The vibe, flow and idea for the game, is really enjoyable.
as i said, i played the full 52mins, and nothing over the top creepy, at least to me

sorry for not spell checking or puncuating /capping etc.
just not up to 2 handed typeing this am
heavenlypoodles

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 10, 11 2:34 AM
(In advance,sorry fishies for invading "Your Comments and Reviews on Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collectors Edition.)

mycatluna
Thank you for all you said but as you have put this same post in another thread, I will reply here too.

Where does the thread read "Your Comments and Reviews on CE's? LOL!
I will repeat my comment on the game that I posted in the "Great Game" thread.

This is indeed a great game Rebeca Lily! Thank you for starting this game C & R thread.
The graphics are clear, I like the way that when you have retrieved an object from somewhere, you cannot go back to the same place i.e. it is not highlighted anymore. It is a change for a story to be based in a lovely county like Cornwall.
BUT why is there a kookaburra singing in the background LOL!
There is no penalty for over clicking, I did try. Hint recharges pretty quickly.
All in all, from what I can see, this is worth
Have fun all.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:35 AM

Yeppers: There is a CE Games and Credits Forum open for those that need to let off some steam! :-) It is a good forum and tool for players to use that want to address BFG about the issues. Thanks peglegann!

[Post New]by heavenlypoodles on Mar 10, 11 2:37 AM
CasualGran wrote:@Lunachan and @Dobbiemijnboekje, could one of you two, or anyone else, tell me exactly how puzzles in this game can be skipped? Maybe I'm getting old, but up till now I haven't discovered a skip-button.

Thank you!

the skip button in in the center bottom and is a blue color, with just the word 'skip' i believe

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 10, 11 2:37 AM
peglegann wrote:(In advance,sorry fishies for invading "Your Comments and Reviews on Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collectors Edition.)

mycatluna
Thank you for all you said but as you have put this same post in another thread, I will reply here too.

Where does the thread read "Your Comments and Reviews on CE's? LOL!
I will repeat my comment on the game that I posted in the "Great Game" thread.

This is indeed a great game Rebeca Lily! Thank you for starting this game C & R thread.
The graphics are clear, I like the way that when you have retrieved an object from somewhere, you cannot go back to the same place i.e. it is not highlighted anymore. It is a change for a story to be based in a lovely county like Cornwall.
BUT why is there a kookaburra singing in the background LOL!
There is no penalty for over clicking, I did try. Hint recharges pretty quickly.
All in all, from what I can see, this is worth
Have fun all.

Yeah-I did post in two places. Fighting stinks...and it was applicable in both forums. Good posting BTW.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Mar 10, 11 2:40 AM
heavenlypoodles wrote:
CasualGran wrote:@Lunachan and @Dobbiemijnboekje, could one of you two, or anyone else, tell me exactly how puzzles in this game can be skipped? Maybe I'm getting old, but up till now I haven't discovered a skip-button.

Thank you!

the skip button in in the center bottom and is a blue color, with just the word 'skip' i believe

Aha! So it's the same as the Hint button. Thanks! You've been a great help.

Edited on 03/10/2011 at 2:41:00 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 10, 11 2:43 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:
NellieGemini, it is debatable whether Cornwall is actually part of the UK (Says she from neighbouring Devon LOL) although we are free to enter it free of charge, to keep migration down, we charge the Cornish to leave it via the Tamar bridge LOL.

Tuttlepeever, I think Nellie was just having a light hearted dig, not a moan, As far as I know there are no kookaburra's in Cornwall, not even in Newquay zoo

Hope you don't mind I shortened your post in the 'quote'.

Lol jojo, I'm, a Devon Dumpling myself, though I used to sneak into Cornwall up in the North so no-one would notice. And yes, I didn't mean to moan too much, perhaps it was an extra loud Kookaburra calling from Paignton lol!

Anyway, back to the trial ....

Go to: