Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by AuntEileen on Mar 11, 11 6:47 AM
zillah13 wrote:I'm trying to play the trial version, but once the game itself actually starts (after the opening sequence), it's just black. I can see the menu button, the strategy guide button, the hint button, the list of objects to find, but the scene itself that I'm supposed to be looking at is black. What's the problem? I've reinstalled twice; no change.

The exact same thing is happening to me. Do we have a fix yet. BF?

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by manticore on Mar 11, 11 7:27 AM
I can't even get the game to download! It finishes the download, then proudly announces 'Download failed'! Uninstalled, re-installed.....trying again for the FIFTH time...!

.............& you fishies think you have problems.....hahahahaha

[Post New]by RetroRedhead on Mar 11, 11 7:48 AM
I am also having a problem with getting the game to download.I have bought a ton of games from BF, even large file games and they downloaded in a flash,but this one is crawling along and has already stopped once to say there was an error downloading?Any thoughts?anyone else having this problem or know a solution?

[Post New]by ThoughtFox on Mar 11, 11 10:21 AM
All previous puzzles have worked for me, but I'm now on the lion head puzzle with red and yellow spheres. I have found the missing sphere, but the game won't let me move the rings around to solve the puzzle. I really don't want to skip!

Is anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks,
ThoughtFox

[Post New]by sartoria on Mar 11, 11 4:28 PM
I haven't seen this problem yet in the forum - I can't open the hidden object scene at the very beginning. I can open the inventory and the journal, but I've clicked on everything else and nothing happens.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Mar 11, 11 5:05 PM
Also had trouble with the gear puzzle in the sawmill. On one of the pegs, none of the gears would stay put. I don't think it started out that way. I was in the process of trying to solve the puzzle when it started.
I think Elephant games and my computer just don't play nicely together!!

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Mar 11, 11 5:49 PM
Am also having problems with the weight puzzle; please let me know ASAP if there's a fix for the bug. I was really enjoying the game and don't want to use a skip!

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Mar 11, 11 5:49 PM
at the precipice the shovel and rope ladder you NEED are gone. :| bug!

[Post New]by GiGi_Guppy on Mar 11, 11 6:09 PM
This is my first post, as I usually do not have any issues with the BF Games. I bought this game, and everything was proceeding well, until I was trying to go underwater. When I select Menu, or strategy guide, or inventory, nothing happens. I deleted and re-downloaded, but the same issue is present. The download was VERY slow as well. I am running Windows 7. I was really loving this game, so I am bummed I can not proceed to the end. Any suggestions?

mer92830
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mer92830 on Mar 11, 11 6:28 PM
I didn't have any problems playing the game but when I went to play the Bonus Gameplay I couldn't pick up the phone book. It let me pick up the birthday cake and put it in the trash but not the phone book. Help

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on Mar 11, 11 8:13 PM
Finised game, no problems...But in Bonus play I can't pick "phonebook". I know where it is, but no matter where I slick on it, nothing happens. Any solution?

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Mar 11, 11 8:24 PM
I changed my resolution to 1024x768 and it went to full screen just fine. I have a 17 in Dell laptop with vista. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by esteroverde on Mar 11, 11 10:00 PM
ThoughtFox wrote:All previous puzzles have worked for me, but I'm now on the lion head puzzle with red and yellow spheres. I have found the missing sphere, but the game won't let me move the rings around to solve the puzzle. I really don't want to skip!

Thanks,
ThoughtFox

[Post New]by esteroverde on Mar 11, 11 10:03 PM
esteroverde wrote:
ThoughtFox wrote:All previous puzzles have worked for me, but I'm now on the lion head puzzle with red and yellow spheres. I have found the missing sphere, but the game won't let me move the rings around to solve the puzzle. I really don't want to skip!

Thanks,
ThoughtFox

I'm having the same problem with not being able to move the spheres around so
I would like to get a solution to this as well.
Thanks for any help, esteroverde

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Mar 12, 11 12:19 AM
This is one of those games where the screen resolution is wonkie. Have to adjust for that and until a fix is done I will not buy this game. Should not have to deal with figuring that out. That is the developers job.

BK3009
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by BK3009 on Mar 12, 11 1:45 AM
Re: Phonebook in bonus content - you have to click at the bottom right side - it took me ages to get it.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Mar 12, 11 4:06 AM
GiGi_Guppy wrote:This is my first post, as I usually do not have any issues with the BF Games. I bought this game, and everything was proceeding well, until I was trying to go underwater. When I select Menu, or strategy guide, or inventory, nothing happens. I deleted and re-downloaded, but the same issue is present. The download was VERY slow as well. I am running Windows 7. I was really loving this game, so I am bummed I can not proceed to the end. Any suggestions?

GiGi_Guppy,
I am having the exact same issue. Everything was fine to this point, I hope we get a fix soon. I really love this game (gave 5 in a review post) and I WANT to finish. Please , address this!

[Post New]by oleboy on Mar 12, 11 7:25 AM
No full screen here either on my Windows 7, 20 inch wide screen, changed resolution numerous times still no full screen? I will not buy until it's fixed...
oleboy

[Post New]by luckycarol2 on Mar 12, 11 11:00 AM
I am having trouble in the underwater scene where the man is under the large slab. I am supposed to put air in the life jacket to lift the stone. I have to get the air from air bubbles comming from a cross but every time I try to do this everything freezes up. Can any one help me? I keep getting error 0x0044AC17.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 11:56:41 AM PST

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Mar 12, 11 1:20 PM
white screen only showing.. managed to show and enter game name... but on a white background. Had to restart pc and delete.

Go to: