gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 10, 11 8:39 PM
I started the game and want to keep playing but since it looks like it's going to be a great game I want to wait until I get the screen size issue resolved. Hopefully someone will answer my post in the tech thread otherwise I'll contact CS and see if they can help... hate to have the game spoiled by being too small for my monitor. BUT I did want to come post and say a big huge THANK YOU to the devs for allowing us to preview the strategy guide in the demo version. And I can see why they did too... there is nothing to hide! The SG looks to be well done, easy to access, includes pics and clear text and the game looks to be a decent length. WELL DONE.

I really shouldn't spend right now but I'm working so hard with school and work I may just treat myself to this CE.

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by blackgsd on Mar 10, 11 9:30 PM
This is hands down the very best Casual game I've played in a long time, if ever.

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Mar 10, 11 9:31 PM
Looks promising. But I'm waiting for Goofyduck's review. Are you out there Goofyduck?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 10, 11 9:32 PM
ibn1984 wrote:Goofyduck77, where are you!!!!

I have been wondering the same thing. I missed her review just after midnight and have been checking back off and on to see if she has come back.

We are worrying about you Goofyduck and we miss you!

shadowfax

time4tea
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by time4tea on Mar 10, 11 10:05 PM
Goofy? CGran? I miss you too, and am hoping you've just swum (paddled?) out a bit early for March break.
Mind you, here in soggy Toronto no need for a pond -- you can swim in the streets these days.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 10, 11 11:30 PM
This is indeed a great game as Rebeca Lily said!

The graphics are clear, I like the way that when you have retrieved an object from somewhere, you cannot go back to the same place i.e. it is not highlighted anymore. Hope that makes sense! LOL!
It is a change for a story to be based in a lovely county like Cornwall.
BUT why is there a kookaburra singing in the background? LOL!
There is no penalty for over clicking, I did try. Hint recharges pretty quickly.
All in all, from what I can see, this is worth a try and possibly a buy
Have fun all.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 11, 11 4:06 AM
Well, I must be one of the very few people who didn´t care very much for the game.

I was very disappointed by the graphics. I don´t like real images the best of times, and the images/graphics in this game appeared rather crude.

I also had quite a bit of trouble finding objects. Again, not happy with the graphics and overly crowded H0 scenes. The HINT button did fill up fast, and it was necessary.

I liked the gameplay - never heard any kind of bird while playing the 1 hour which, btw, left me at the beginning of chapter 3 (I wasn´t even able to finish the trial), so for me, this would be a super long game.

I may buy this game when it comes out as a SE, but I certainly won´t buy it now. I am just too disappointed with the whole of the game. But that´s just how I feel about the game - so nobody jump on me.

Additional: And I too enjoy Goofyduck´s reviews, but it would be nice if this new "Review and Comments" thread is not going to be filled with "where is Goofyduck" posts. How about making a separate thread for that.

From BFDonau´s post in the old thread:

"As bfgArnoStyx has mentioned, the comments and reviews threads are intended to be used only for reviewing and posting opinions about a particular game rather than about posts from other users or posts that do not comment on the game specifically."

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 4:13:59 AM PST

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Mar 11, 11 4:15 AM
Whoa this game is very difficult...even in casual setting! I've never seen so many puzzles! Oh well a lot of us asked for more .
Oh! And you don't technically get penalized for clicking too much but you wont get an achievement. And..if you look at SG while in a HiddenObj scene--it seems like it counts against you. This is a very pretty game, but wears you out a bit. I'm on chapter 7 of the 12...and I so want to go to bed But I have to save Robert or whatever his name is so..yeah.
I posted a disappearing review when this first came out...oh well.
And I'm glad to see Casualgran on here ...wondering where everyone else is .

PS: I'm a Wiccan and personally don't mind the theme--it's a game.
-lunachan

Valdy, sorry if we offended you by asking where certain members are. Some of us, including myself value their opinion on games. I even value yours

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 4:19:57 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 11, 11 5:19 AM
lunachan wrote:Valdy, sorry if we offended you by asking where certain members are. Some of us, including myself value their opinion on games. I even value yours

You didn´t offend me, Lunachan. But I don´t see the point that everybody keeps adding a post with the same "where are thou" question. It doesn´t bring anything to this particular thread.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Mar 11, 11 5:43 AM
I played Hallowed Legends and the Bonus Gameplay yesterday. I really liked the game itself. Interesting storyline, good HOGs, the puzzles were my only bugaboo. A lot of them were new-to-me in style and I found that both the instructions included with the puzzles (clicking the i in the left corner of the inset screen) and those in the Strategy Guide weren't sufficient for me to actually figure out the actions I was supposed to take. Others I could figure out quickly.

All-in-all it was an enjoyable game and worth my money.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Mar 11, 11 6:14 AM
I really enjoyed this game! I thought it was fun and a great way to spend my rainy day. It was a long game that kept me interested most of the day. Thanks big fish. Keep giving us games like this.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 11, 11 6:43 AM
Valdy wrote:
lunachan wrote:Valdy, sorry if we offended you by asking where certain members are. Some of us, including myself value their opinion on games. I even value yours

You didn´t offend me, Lunachan. But I don´t see the point that everybody keeps adding a post with the same "where are thou" question. It doesn´t bring anything to this particular thread.

Apparently asking for thread integrity doesn't help, so reporting it to a mod seems to be the logical solution. Too bad.

Back on topic...

I think the subject matter is pretty interesting but it's a shame that so far they're making paganism into something evil and dangerous. I really liked the intro and even said to myself "oooh look, the great horned god!" He was a symbol (the way I understand it) of sexuality/fertility and of the hunt. I hope his character in the game is allowed to be more than a spooky character randomly popping up.

mlafave
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by mlafave on Mar 11, 11 7:51 AM
I thought the game was pretty good over all. The graphics were good, ****'s were not to hard to find although I prefer them to be more difficult the music was a bit eary so I turned it off but I usually do. I still had 20 min left after the demo so I will wait for the SE version to come out to buy this game. I do think it rather funny the all the religious reviews of this game are so harsh, its a game not a movie, not everything in a game has to be correct they are for intertainment not education.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 11, 11 8:41 AM
Comment: First off... As a Hedgwitch, I found nothing to be offended by in Hallowed Legends. Though Cerrunos is portrayed darker than I'm comfortable with, I accept the developers artistic license with the creation of the character in their game. They took a subject matter that is prone to misconception and bastardization and made it entertainingly their own. Kudos to them for that.

The game play and storyline was engrossing for me as were the characters. The graphics were very good, the music not bad, the puzzles just the right difficulty, the H0G scenes not particularly difficult though enjoyable to view during the searching. The integrated Strategy Guide was well done and easy to follow. And I enjoyed the Bonus Play very much.

This is one CE that I have found value in and intend to replay at some point in the future. Like at Samhain.

catnip5
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by catnip5 on Mar 11, 11 9:51 AM
This one isn't too bad and I may very well end up buying it for no other reason than curiosity. I'm Irish and am rather pleased that a 'Celtic' game is offered in time for St. Patrick's Day.

I had no problems downloading, etc. Plays smooth. Nice artwork. Good storyline.
If the review seems tepid, it's only because I just finished 'Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince', which was super fabulous from beginning to end. (And no, I didn't get the little frog's crown, but who cares. It was worth every penny)

I love BigFish. It is safe to use, no ads, great staff, good deals. Cheaper than going to the movies. They will store your games until you are ready to use them (good thing, 'cause I wouldn't be able to buy any more as no room on computer).

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 9:51:49 AM PST

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Mar 11, 11 10:19 AM
Great Graphics?

Seriously?

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Mar 11, 11 11:44 AM
I'm about half way thru the game and thoroughly enjoying it. The graphics are super and the HOS are not too easy, not too hard...keep you looking for a bit in some cases , which I prefer rather than buzzing thru a HOS in a matter of a few minutes when objects are so obvious.
I tend to purchase the CE's so that I am able to have the stradegy guide at hand ( I usually play in advanced mode as I dont like the sparkles & etc...prefer to investigate on my own) The last few CE's I've purchased I never once had to go to the SG- as the games led me by the hand - which has been very dissapointing to have no real challenge. This game however has led me to the SG a few times and has held my interest. It's thought provoking and taking my time I'm usually able to figure things out on my own...but am not led by the hand - as in previous CE's & games I've purchased. I've looked to the guide more for mini-gaming solving than anything else.
Personally I think it's a great game and well worth my $ this time.

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Mar 11, 11 11:45 AM
I purchased this game and I love it! I usually wait for the SE but I ran out of games to play so I had to buy it. I am disappointed that the only great games recently are CE games. I love all the puzzles and the graphics in this game. I give it five stars!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 11, 11 11:48 AM
I beta tested this game and have waited months for it's release. I loved what I got to play with the test. Waiting for it to load now. Actually have 2 hrs. before everyone gets home. WhoooHoooo!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 11, 11 1:18 PM
This is a beautifully made game. It is definitely on par with Deadtime Stories which is one of the best games I've played at Big Fish Games. The topic may be scary but the graphics and the game play make the game enjoyable. The puzzles are different and challenging (to me anyway). I chose to play on advanced mode which I usually don't do. I had to turn the music off because the constant loop was driving me crazy. I am a slow player so the music doesn't change quickly for me.

I don't have a lot of money to spend on games but when a developer takes the time to make a game that is done really well, the developer should get paid well for the effort and I don't mind paying for the Collector's Edition. This is one of them. It's a buy for me.

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 1:21:05 PM PST

Go to: