Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 12, 11 7:32 AM
bella81762 wrote:
bonnelda2002 wrote:I have one question.....how do you save the game??? Every time I quit, it starts me over....help....

that shouldnt happen,,, sounds like a glitch to me....you could check the ce thread for this game and see if others reported the same problem and how they fixed it, or contact customer service,,,

Agree with Bella, when I left the game and came back it was always where I had left it.

PS : I will have to replay the game as I only found 15 morphing objects !

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 12, 11 7:33 AM
Just finished and hugely enjoyed it! Didn't understand the end really. Very innovative game.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Mar 12, 11 7:39 AM
I bought as CE and absolutely loved it. You won't be disappointed--even without the bonus. But that bonus chapter did extend gameplay and clarify ending a bit more. Happy gaming!

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Mar 12, 11 7:46 AM
bonnelda2002 wrote:I have one question.....how do you save the game??? Every time I quit, it starts me over....help....

Treasure Seekers: Time Has Come SE did the same thing to me ( I Have Vista)when I first started to play. If I turned off the game - when I turned it back on, it was right back to the beginning. My solution to Treasure Seekers was not to turn the game off. I also have the same trouble with ERs games sometimes. The CE games play perfect though.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 8:49:12 AM PST

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 12, 11 7:54 AM
YAAY!!

Finally!!!

I am doing the happy dance!

It's been said quite a few times, but I will chime in a well.

Awesome graphics
Delightfully atmospheric music
Makes you jump scenes
Animation
Morphing (Beyond) objects.

One of those games that makes you want to take your time and look around at each scene. I certainly don't want to bypass a bit of dialogue either. In my opinion, well worth a credit.

[Post New]by robshep on Mar 12, 11 8:05 AM
Goop_10 wrote:I've bought the CE version of this game a month ago, really enjoyed it

Great graphics, the HOG scenes are not too difficult, love the puzzles and the storyline is very exciting...

Not the best HOG of this year so far but the second best

4/5 Stars from me

I really like this game too! Not too easy but not too hard. I can finally use my game credit!
To Goop: if this is your second best what is your first?

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 12, 11 8:42 AM
I'm surprised there's so few reviews for the game and quite a number appear to be from people who got the CE.
I've been having trouble d/ling & activating the game and wondered if others are having the same issue and that's why there's not many comments yet?

I'm glad to hear that the morphing objects have been kept btw - I think they're great.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 8:46:26 AM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 12, 11 8:47 AM
Oh yeah! This one is definitely a "keeper" ! Great HOG, wonderfully creepy, I love it!!

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Mar 12, 11 8:53 AM
Just finished this game and I LOVED IT!

Yeah, slightly on the short side as others have mentioned, but well worth the credit. Loved the graphics, the music was spooky and the gameplay just flowed nicely. This is about the ONLY game I have ever played where I didn't use a walk through... usually I am too impatient but this game was more pleasurable to hang about in and think about than other I have played. It was also easier than some I reckon, which always helps Still made me use the grey cells though.

A definite recommendation, and like others have mentioned, worth a replay to find all of the (fantastic) morphing items. I missed out on the morphs in Dire Grove as waited for the SE, and loved looking for them in Madame Fate, so this was a cute little addition for me and made the game more interesting.

/5 for me

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Mar 12, 11 9:44 AM
lucyloket wrote:I'm surprised there's so few reviews for the game and quite a number appear to be from people who got the CE.

I think that by the time the SE comes out, the excitement about a game is long gone. Most of the enthusiasts bought it already as a CE and probably posted their reviews in that forum (I don't know that for certain as I would never look into a CE forum. I'm just a lowly 'credit' member and don't belong there. In fact, I don't know if SE buyers are permitted in CE forums.) Nevertheless, you should probably spend your credit on it as not too many decent games come our way any more.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Mar 12, 11 10:01 AM
I didn't demo the CE so I've been enjoying the SE demo. As others have said, nice graphics and nicely spooky atmosphere (though not too spooky for me. I have a high spooky threshold. LOL) I did get a little annoyed with the "my husband taught me to drive" comment at the beginning of the game. What's the time frame for this game, the 1950s? Aside from that, this looks to be a definite buy for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 12, 11 10:41 AM
The graphics are beautiful. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and minigames. Yes, the minigames are skippable, even though they are easy. There are also object which "change" they are findable and I am sure lead to some hidden room or such. The storyline is wonderful and creepy. The music is over the top great! There are two modes: casual and expert. In casual, the hint recharges in 1 minute and the areas you need are sparkling. In expert, the hint recharges in 2 minutes and no sparkles. This game is brillant! I haven't found any differences between the CE and SE as of yet.

This game is an A+.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Mar 12, 11 12:37 PM
bamlink wrote:
lucyloket wrote:I'm surprised there's so few reviews for the game and quite a number appear to be from people who got the CE.

I think that by the time the SE comes out, the excitement about a game is long gone. Most of the enthusiasts bought it already as a CE and probably posted their reviews in that forum (I don't know that for certain as I would never look into a CE forum. I'm just a lowly 'credit' member and don't belong there. In fact, I don't know if SE buyers are permitted in CE forums.) Nevertheless, you should probably spend your credit on it as not too many decent games come our way any more.

First of all, you are welcome in any of the forums. I check out all of them and they offer some good reviews. This game is great!!! I tried it when it came out as a CE but decided to wait for the SE.and purchased it right away.

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Mar 12, 11 1:27 PM
Loving this game. The graphics are great and the storyline is also good. I don't do any reading while I am trying the game but I get into it after I purchase it. Have been playing off and on this afternoon so it can have some good play time. I take my time and enjoy it. Almost wish it had a penalty for overclicking as I sometimes get carried away and that is a way to slow down my clicking. Some items are a little difficult to find but most are average.
Awesome game-also read the reviews in the CE forum-there are some good ones.

Just finished this game and loved every minute. Found 26 out of 36 morphs so I guess I'll go back and play again. Anything similiar to this one?

One thing I thought was so great about this game is that it did not have a lot of repetitive scenes or mimi puzzles. They were also very good. Off to find something else. BTW - loved the hint doll!!!!!

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:42:36 PM PST

cchyna
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by cchyna on Mar 12, 11 2:09 PM
I had some credits to redeem and didn't know what game to choose. After reading the reviews, I decided to try this one and IT WAS AWESOME!!! Great game, graphics, and story. Very spooky.

Both fins up to BF!!

Thanks for another fantastic game.

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Mar 12, 11 3:48 PM
This game is so much fun...just enough challenge, without being too difficult to enjoy. But I admit that I like the hint system so much, I intentionally don't look for the last item in a scene! As some other fishies have said, I'm trying to play a little bit slowly so it isn't over too fast! Singin' the "thank you" song!

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Mar 12, 11 4:40 PM
I was delighted that I was able to play this game without any glitches. I knew the moment I saw the dev ALAWAR that the game was going to be good. It wasn't one of the best, but my family and I enjoyed it very much, just because we didn't have to frustrate ourselves with annoyed loadings between scenes, like some other games. It is not a complicated game, is very easy and fun to play. I like IHOG and adventure games. I like HOGs but sometimes they can become boring. I much prefer IHOGs because they are more exciting and entertaining, especially, if we can spend more than 3 hours of game play, because they are worth are money and time.
Thank you. Marty/Family

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 12, 11 4:43 PM
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are beautiful. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and minigames. Yes, the minigames are skippable, even though they are easy. There are also object which "change" they are findable and I am sure lead to some hidden room or such. The storyline is wonderful and creepy. The music is over the top great! There are two modes: casual and expert. In casual, the hint recharges in 1 minute and the areas you need are sparkling. In expert, the hint recharges in 2 minutes and no sparkles. This game is brillant! I haven't found any differences between the CE and SE as of yet.

This game is an A+.

Thank you for your review. You are the first to mention this, someone else said it was a HOG. I was going down the reviews to find out if it was more an IHOG than a HOG as has is it in with hidden objects games, and doesn't mention that it is an adventure or interactive game, which usually it does.

I don't read reviews now on the CE page a) cause this game isn't a CE b) too many fights, ganging up on people. So I do appreciate long indepth reviews - ie does the game have 'sparkles' telling you what to do ( ) So thank you, your review was very helpful.

So has this got many hidden object scenes- % to the interactive part? I prefer more the adventure and puzzles than hidden object scenes, as I just have played so many HOG scenes, am bored with them now

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:44:27 PM PST

bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon663 on Mar 12, 11 5:17 PM
ginny46 wrote:Wow! Glad I did'nt purchase the CE. Just finished the game, and I finished in two hours. No skipped puzzles. Great game, but short.

I have to agree. I loved the game, I loved the look of it, everything about it. Except it was way too short. I too, finished in about 2 hours.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 12, 11 5:43 PM
I tried the game when it came out as a CE. Since I have so many game credits and BFG has not yet let us use 2 game credits to by CE's, I just waited. This is a great game (finally). The only thing I didn't like was the ending.

Go to: