lat1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story technical issues here only

[Post New]by lat1 on Mar 13, 11 4:27 AM
I bought this game, but I'm getting the white out screens in the same places others have mentioned. how do I fix this?

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Mar 13, 11 4:36 AM
thanks @SMQMC but I have been in contact...everythin on m pc is fine .... before i got this, for a while now, I ave been unable to download an play some of the games...when they reply they jus give me bloody technical solutions that are on the help page!!! which dont solve anything...and worse thing is .... even if you go on another site an try an download game, it belongs to BFG so problems are still there...realy unhappy with this site

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Mar 13, 11 7:08 AM
I am getting the Access Violation Error like some others have mentioned. The really strange thing is I was able to play the CE version a couple of times, but most times it gave me the error. I really liked the game and was hoping the SE version would work, but so far it hasn't. I am using Windows 7 and Comodo Firewall (which I have told to trust the game).

Downloaded the game onto my other laptop and it worked fine. I think it must be Windows 7 that is causing the problem, my other laptop is running vista.

Glad I eventually got it to run.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 2:17:01 PM PST

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Mar 13, 11 7:45 AM
The game won't launch for me. I have reinstalled once but same thing. Screen goes black then clicks back to my desk top and game manager and says I "still have 60 minutes" of play time. First time this has ever happened to me. I was able to play the CE demo without issue.

[Post New]by zippylab on Mar 13, 11 12:36 PM
roodysrealgram wrote: I downloaded the game and everything was fine until I tried to move from the scene where the two dolls are trying to saw the lock off. When I try to move to the next scene everything goes white. I can stil click on the the yellow sparkles but can't see what to do. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? All help will be appreciated.

[Post New]by LethargicLass on Mar 13, 11 12:44 PM
I am also getting the white screens, and have had MANY problems recently... can't remember the last time I was able to play a game I bought... why has no admin come in the forum to answer about our issues?

[Post New]by NANNYBEE29 on Mar 13, 11 3:09 PM
playing super slow. so many games lately have technical problems, am seriously thinking of canceling membership if things do not improve.

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Mar 13, 11 3:42 PM
this game was going along great for a change, nice and quick and easy to find hidden objects then all of a sudden about 15 minutes into it , it got real slow and a lot of white out screens appeared and i couldnt continue onward
another sorry game i wont buy
why cant you people fix these games before you send them out
disappointed again

[Post New]by zippylab on Mar 13, 11 4:03 PM
pleases fix this game it dose not work right.

[Post New]by sanest on Mar 13, 11 4:25 PM
I feel so much better after reading these posts!! I have the same white page/white spots problem about 10-15 minutes into the game!! I thought I was the only one experiencing problems with the games lately (couldn't run Shadows Wolf game or the Green Sanitarium game) -- and I would absolutely have bought them...I'm running XP...I'm wondering if that's the common denominator?

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Mar 13, 11 11:43 PM
Error: Access violation at 0x69502C55 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.
I disabled my firewalls and anti-virus but it made no difference.
This is the same error I get on any game that won't work.

[Post New]by seniorboss on Mar 14, 11 8:15 AM
I have the white out issues also. Also with the collectors. Looks like just my type of game. Pooy.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Mar 14, 11 10:19 AM
What is the deal lately with all the games being in slow motion with sluggish cursor. This has been with all games worth playing lately. It is now the norm instead of the exception. This is extremely annoying. I would rather wait on a game and have it work properly. Come on BF, what happened to quality.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Mar 14, 11 10:53 AM
This game crashed so hard I had to do a "System Restore" on my computer!! I'm not very happy about this!!

[Post New]by katchat on Mar 15, 11 4:15 AM
SMQMC wrote:
kneehigh56 wrote:Okay so downloaded this game and thought it might play instead of collector's version.....and NO, STILL GOT "ACCESS VIOLATION" why, why, why????? Please
sort this out.....plllllleeeeeaasse

I have approximately 200 games and out of those, eight have that same error message of "access violation." I've downloaded this game, but it won't let me play. How frustrating! Unfortunately, I don't know if a game is going to give me that error message until I've downloaded it and by then it's too late! I have the latest Internet Explorer 9, the latest DirectX, and a new updated video card. I've contacted CS and am waiting on a final verdict on how I can handle this without disabling my protective software. I'm not that computer savvy, so I wouldn't trust myself to do that anyway. Wish there was an answer because like so many others, I've waited for this game to come out in a SE.
Just to add to the above: I've trashed and downloaded this game 3X already, twice on Internet Explorer 9 and once on Firefox. No luck-no how. I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall Adobe's Flash and Shockwave players since I don't really know how, but I guess that's an option if you know a lot of computer stuff. We'll see what BF has to say.

[Post New]by katchat on Mar 15, 11 4:17 AM
if you are using EI you might have to use a different browser. i was having probs. with some games on facebook and they told me to use a diff browser so i used firefox and have not had any more probs
hope this helps

redcourt
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by redcourt on Mar 15, 11 4:54 PM
RECENTLY HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH MORE THAN STRAY SOUL: DOLLHOUSE STORY BUT I WILL STICK WITH THE TOPIC. DOWNLOADED FREE PLAY AND HAD NO DIFFICULTY PLAYING. PURCHASED THE GAME AND EACH TIME I TRIED TO PLAY I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE REPORTING THE GAME WAS RUNNING. UNINSTALLED AND DOWNLOADED THREE MORE TIMES TO NO AVAIL. VIDEO CARD UPDATED, NO PROBLEMS WITH MY COMPUTER, LESS THAN ONE YEAR OLD AND RUNS ON WINDOWS SEVEN.. HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH TWO GAMES RECENTLY AND IT TOOK THE TECH DEPARTMENT AT BIG FISH ALMOST TWO WEEKS TO COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG AND GAVE ME TWO GAME CREDITS. WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE TECHNICAL ISSUES RESOLVED IN A MORE TIMELY MANNER. THANKS FOR ALLOWING ME TO VENT. I REALLY ENJOY MANY OF THE GAMES I HAVE PURCHASED AND HAVE SPENT MUCH TO MUCH TIME PLAYING GAMES SOLD BY BIG FISH. HOPE OTHERS ARE NOT HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS. HAVE A GREAT GAMING DAY.

gracehjs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by gracehjs on Mar 15, 11 8:19 PM
I have had the white screen quite a lot, but a SKIP would appear and clicking on that kept me going.
But now at the end of Chapter 11, I put the doll in the dollhouse, watched the movie, got the key but I cant leave!.
It keeps saying no you can't leave the house you aren't done.
Grace

lovintnt
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lovintnt on Mar 16, 11 9:50 AM
dragnet1 wrote:The game won't launch for me. I have reinstalled once but same thing. Screen goes black then clicks back to my desk top and game manager and says I "still have 60 minutes" of play time. First time this has ever happened to me. I was able to play the CE demo without issue.

Same problem!

imbrat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by imbrat on Mar 16, 11 11:30 AM
I played the trial version on the collectors edition, with no issues. I played the trial version of the regular edition and I couldn't play the mini-game. to open the gate around the corner of the house, where u have to move each ring to form an image. anybody else have this problem? I really wanted to get this game too.

Go to: