Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Mar 13, 11 6:17 AM
I'm sorry, but this game is NOT worth a credit. First off, those flickering black bars at the top of the screen shouldn't be there, and since it can't be played without seeing them the game should never have been released with such an obvious visual glitch. Secondly, the hand-holding crap is just too much. Glove Of Power? What real purpose does it serve other than to waste four seconds switching back and forth from it? I finally gave up and just left the damn thing on. Useless tool, that.

Finally, and most outrageous, is that even in the first level they had me looking for a 'hummer.' What on earth is a hummer, other than the two obvious answers of a vehicle and something that shouldn't be listed in a family game? Imagine my surprise when I discovered they meant 'hammer,' and the developers can't even spell properly. This is the very first level, and there is a spelling error? NEEDS MORE WORK!

I expect better from a publisher, and given that this must have passed some sort of quality control and these problems survived is just pathetic. What has happened to all the quality games, BFG? Do we need a Glove Of Power to unearth them?

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 6:17:51 AM PST

msilva731
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by msilva731 on Mar 13, 11 6:26 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Okay you early bird reviewers - and you know who you are... take it away!!!

U.S. Fishies: Don't forget to "Spring Ahead" your clocks this morning!!

shadowfax

Gee good thing the first thing, ok well second thing, coffee & bagel was first, on a Sunday was check the forum regarding the newest game and low and behold a fishie reminds me I need to turn the clocks, I FORGOT. Thank you Fishie!

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Mar 13, 11 6:35 AM
Yet another no buy for me! With so many great games i am dissapointed. Think i will replay Syberia! Still waiting to use my credits!!

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Mar 13, 11 6:54 AM
dogma45 wrote:Yet another no buy for me! With so many great games i am dissapointed. Think i will replay Syberia! Still waiting to use my credits!!

I'm with you dogma 45. I have lots of old games that are worth replaying. I hope new BF members check out the many, many games availabe & don't settle for new games just because they have a credit to spend.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 13, 11 6:58 AM
Well I downloaded the game and when I went to play it, it says it's in fullscreen but it isn't and there is no way to get it to. I went into properties and that did nothing. I have deleted it and forgot about it. It's too early to fight with a game. No buy here.

gaylele
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by gaylele on Mar 13, 11 7:09 AM
Just from the size of the game...91.47 MB, and the cartoonish graphics, I won't even bother to download for the free trial.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 13, 11 7:28 AM
I took another look at the description on BFG, but didn't see anything that alerted players that this game is for beginners. I'm thinking five-year-olds here, but I don't think a five-year-old would know the meaning of some of the words (like "ascending"). The puzzles are mostly classic ones in their easiest form (spoiler alert): in the gear puzzle, for example, the centers of the gears are different sizes, so you know exactly where to place the gears. Having said that, I actually found a couple of the puzzles quite.... puzzling (spoiler alert!): in the undersea ship, for example, I couldn't figure out how to manipulate the figures to get them in ascending order, so I finally just quit the game. I had a similar problem with one of the earlier puzzles. Personally, I would not recommend buying this game even for beginners.

GFI is a Russian company that works with Far Mills, which appears to be an English-language firm. If the job of Far Mills was to translate the game into English, it didn't do a good job: as has been noted by other fishes, items are mislabeled ("hummer" for "hammer," "mop" for what looks more like a broom, etc.)

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Mar 13, 11 7:55 AM
Yes, thanks shadowfax for the reminder.

[Post New]by hopi01 on Mar 13, 11 8:17 AM
Need a HOG like this every so often. Grand Kids are loving it.

jab53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jab53 on Mar 13, 11 8:30 AM
Thanks shadowfax44 for reminding me about DST. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why my bedside clock was suddenly an hour slower than the cable time. I agree with the majority of you about the game this morning. Way too much hand holding for the experienced gamer. However, it would be just about right for my 6 year old grandson. I didn't have any problems with the graphics or the cursor. I have a widescreen laptop and the game worked great on it. No black lines, flickering or jumpy cursor. I did find it difficult occasionally to find the exact spot to click on to pick up something. I had to click on the "pincers" about 4 times before I got it exactly right. After about 30 minutes I'd had enough and decided to delete the game. Definitely a no buy for me. Don't want to waste another reward credit on a ****-hum game. Thanks to all of you for your great reviews. I try to always read the reviews before trying a game and deciding whether to buy it or not.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 8:33:01 AM PST

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Mar 13, 11 8:42 AM
LOL I had no clue whatsoever until I read your post that we all needed to set our clocks ahead. Thank you so much! Even if we all do lose an hour. I am downloading Treasure Hunters now. Jacki

shadowfax44 wrote:Okay you early bird reviewers - and you know who you are... take it away!!!

U.S. Fishies: Don't forget to "Spring Ahead" your clocks this morning!!

shadowfax

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Mar 13, 11 8:45 AM
''I looked for the WT to guage how long it is but the link is not up yet. I completed each level in about 3-5 minutes. So I have no idea as to how many levels there are.'' peglegann
Do you think it needs a walkthrough
I think the hand was held quite enough. I rather liked 'hummer' and a few others that didn't stick in my old brain.I do own a few simple games but I don't think I'll bother with this one. I played the hour and I don't have any interest in finding out more about....what was their objective? still don't know
Inge
Happy gaming!

Whose clocks go forward ????????????
I'm in the uk, is that a prod for me. No just checked it's the 27th march for me. We have to wait a bit longer for summer if we get one that is.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 8:50:47 AM PST

[Post New]by starburst40 on Mar 13, 11 8:50 AM
CasualGran wrote:Today's TGT appears to be an IHOG on the easy side.

After a very simple Options menu, with only three choices (full screen or not, and louder or softer music and sounds) it plunges you directly on a mountain top as a survivor of a plane crash. No story whatsoever, and the only trace of the male character is a paper that vanishes all too quickly after you've picked it up from the snow. I couldn't read it so fast, I hope other fishies can.

The first 'levels' (as short as only a few search and action screens) are used to explain the buttons and posibilities to you. There's a Hint button (a dragonfly) that refills fast, an objectlist and inventory button, and in the lower right of your screen a big button is placed, providing you a number of tools to choose from.

Clicking on a specific tool will make it move around to the top with some kind of sound that annoyed me within minutes, as did the sounds you hear when you pick up things. Just to much sounds for my personal taste.

The locations look interesting enough and the devs tried to be original in that direction.
The minigames though are that easy it makes the Skip button almost useless. To me anyway.

Maybe a nice IHOG to play with your kids or grandkids.

All in all not unworthy of a gamecredit, but I don't think I'll spend one on it.

[Post New]by starburst40 on Mar 13, 11 8:52 AM
interesting some but really a childs game would not waste a credit on it or even buy it for 2.99 just not worth it

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 13, 11 9:05 AM
I know a lot of people complain about a game being too easy, but you have to remember that there are all ages of people playing these games -- they aren't all for adults. Yes, it was very easy for the most part. I made it to I think level 18 or 19 just on the demo, but I think it would be a good kid's game. I mustn't have had the sound on now that I think about it because I don't remember thinking it was annoying. I though the graphics were okay. The items were easy to find. Some parts of the game were confusing and that was annoying, but all in all, I think it would keep kids out of your hair for a good while and that has to be worth something

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Mar 13, 11 9:08 AM
This game was:

El-Lame-O

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Mar 13, 11 9:20 AM
AWFUL!!! I think this game was put together in a day and released the next. I lasted 13 minutes and had to stop and delete...Looks sure are deceiving on this one, thought it was going to be a good game.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 13, 11 9:40 AM
First and totally off topic, I can't stand daylight savings time & I'm irked that it's starting earlier & ending later. But thanks for the reminder.

I do my best to give the games the full hour demo & I usually manage it, but not today. I lasted not quite 30 minutes before I quit and I'll delete once I finish this. On the plus side the graphics are crisp and clean, what mingames I played were relatively easy, and H0 scenes aren't too cluttered. The downside-no discernible storyline and it's almost too easy. I really dislike it when you HAVE to use a hint as part of the tutorial. Like I can't figure that out on my own? How old do they assume I am? Sorry, sorry, not meaning to offend anyone here, but it bugs me. I'm over 40, & while I did not grow up with computers and casual games, I'm smart enough to figure out how to click on the hint button. There are a few other issues, but these are the main. Happy Sunday, y'all.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 13, 11 9:50 AM
I have a game credit, I will wait until they put out something better, When they don't put out good games I play 13th skull what a great! game, wish they would have more games like the 13th skull..Happy gaming everyone!!

[Post New]by GrannyMamma on Mar 13, 11 10:38 AM
I have the "crazy" cursor symtom on this game. It is very frustrating and will not buy it for one the reasons and the other reason it is more for children than adults.

Go to: