GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 13, 11 12:59 PM
Add this game to my long list of games I can't use my primary mouse buttons switched. This is ridiculous -- this is about the 4th game in that many weeks that I can't play or use my credits on.

I am definitely contacting customer support.

Fed up!

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Re:Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 13, 11 3:19 PM
Thanks for starting this thread 1seashell7. I've changed the thread title to "Post any Treasure Hunters technical issues here" and stickied it as well.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Hunters technical issues here only

[Post New]by edgery on Mar 13, 11 3:43 PM
Downloads fine, but won't open. I've deleted and redownloaded twice now.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Mar 13, 11 4:47 PM
Well Fishies, you might as well add me to the list of tech problems. I was playing the game, having some problems with the cursor not recognizing the click to pick up items. Also, that stupid hand trying to pick up some of the items made it even worse. Finally, I had gotten as far as picking up the sunken ship and clicked to enter and BAM......BLACK SCREEN! Needed to use task manager to exit out. Just considering the way the game played, its a no buy.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Mar 13, 11 5:30 PM
I couldn't even play the game. Downloaded it with no problems, but when I clicked the Play button, a new window popped up asking me if I wanted to play in Windowed Mode, Yes or No. First time I chose No and that window disappeared and then nothing else happened. So the second time I chose Yes and got a large (not full screen) window completely black. Although my cursor indicated something in that window was loading, nothing ever came of it. The window remained black, to I closed out the window and will now uninstall the game.

When the black window came up, the title across the top of the window was The Detective Agency, NOT Treasure Hunters. I don't know if this means anything or not. And when I went to delete the icon on the desktop for the shortcut to the game, the lettering over the picture of the man and lady (above) was in Russian.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 5:33:43 PM PST

[Post New]by rumplease on Mar 13, 11 5:55 PM
crash and burn game thank god for try before you buy LOL

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Mar 13, 11 6:26 PM
Well, I got the game to work by setting my resolution from 1600 x 900 to 1024 x 768, which I really hate having to do.

Once I got into the game, I discovered that it is a very hand-holding game. The girl tells you exactly what you need to do at each step. The feature of the different icons to do different things (night vision goggles, ex-ray glasses, glove of power, etc.) is annoying. For instance, why did I need to have on the glove of power to be able to pick up a ski. Are they actually that heavy?

The graphics are clear, which makes it extremely easy to spot the items you need to pick up. At several points in the game I thought I was getting ready for a mini-game, only to find that you only need to drop the many parts on one spot and voila, the item is all put together for you. Even the one mini-game (putting gears into place) had shadows of the gears already there so there was no challenge in putting the right gear into the right spot.

This game would be okay for youngsters, or someone just beginning to play hidden object/adventure games, but for anyone more experienced, it is just too easy.

I tried to stick out the full hour but I just couldn't do it.

Some of the words describing the items to be found were off (hummer for hammer, clock for wristwatch, cake for doughnut, etc.), but this is probably to be expected from Russian developers.

As many of us have said, these foreign game developers need to hire someone whose native tongue is English to proofread for them.

I might go back in and finish the game sometime when I am very bored, with nothing else to do, but until then I'm going to correct my screen resolution, rearrange all of my desktop icons (sigh!), and finish a movie I had been watching last night before bedtime.

[Post New]by j1228ls on Mar 13, 11 8:32 PM
I'm with Poof11 on this one. The exact same thing happened to me. Got all the way through to lifting the sunken ship then BLAM! Blank screen and had to ctrl-alt-delete. What a bummer. Is there no quality control BEFORE these games are released? Does anyone even proof read the text? Since when is "hammer" spelled with a "u"? Also had problems with cursor not picking up items.

These tech issues are getting old and the game quality seems to be on the decline. Too bad. Have been a member for years but am not sure how much longer that will be the case.

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Mar 13, 11 10:22 PM
Dear Fishies, I have a theory as to why some of you are having problems. These games that are made in Russia or any of the former Soviet states could be being developed on older equipment, with older development software.

For this game, the listed specs don't go above Vista, the DirectX is v.6.0, and the fact that it's only 92MB leads me to believe that it's older than the copyright says.

BTW, it runs very nicely on my netbook, with good ol' XP. If you have access to a computer with XP, why not try it? Even if you're turned off from this game (although I feel it's really not a bad game, I'd buy it for $2.99), using XP might solve the problem with a game you really want to play.

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Mar 13, 11 11:37 PM
well i played the demo,bought the game was working fine got to the cargo hold chapter played the hidden object & went to leave the game & its froze if i click menu it brings up resume optione & quit & save except i can't get out of the game twice i have had to turn my computer off manually to get out of the game i want my money back.thank you.moonwalker97478

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 14, 11 3:45 AM
Masanders wrote:Well, I got the game to work by setting my resolution from 1600 x 900 to 1024 x 768, which I really hate having to do.

I´m afraid that I have not had any luck with the resolution settings on my laptop. My highest and usual setting is 1920 x 1080. And I went through all the different settings, including 1024 x 768, but none gave me full screen.

HAVE the developers considered Windows 7 / 64-bit laptop users when making this game? And if so... WHICH resolution would I need to be able to play this game in full screen instead just seeing a small box surrounded by thick black borders?

I tried all my resolution settings and none of them got the game screen any larger. This is the third game which starts out as a box-sized game, but at least with the last 2 games I bought, I was able to set the resolution lower and got full screen. Not with this game. *shakes head*

SherlockGirls wrote:For this game, the listed specs don't go above Vista, the DirectX is v.6.0, and the fact that it's only 92MB leads me to believe that it's older
than the copyright says.

Hi SherlockGirls...

Should therefore BigFish even allow these kind of games to be offered here? DirectX 6 ?? Goodness, I am on DirectX 11 !!
Any company making games should always keep modern computers in mind. Not all of us still use XP. I wish I was, but my laptops never last that long. LOL

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 5:02:59 AM PST

[Post New]by Evlyn1959 on Mar 14, 11 4:30 AM
moonwalker97478 wrote:well i played the demo,bought the game was working fine got to the cargo hold chapter played the hidden object & went to leave the game & its froze if i click menu it brings up resume optione & quit & save except i can't get out of the game twice i have had to turn my computer off manually to get out of the game i want my money back.thank you.moonwalker97478

I had the same problem after buying the game, I would like my money back as well thank you. We shouldn't have to put up with faulty games.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Mar 14, 11 8:47 AM
Demo played fine. I bought the game and played all the way to sunken ship, now I can't pick up any items. I have a list of hidden objects to find and when I try to click on that item, it does nothing. I think we should get a refund if we bought it. I have not been able to play it since yesterday. Getting tired of this! I am letting BF know.

[Post New]by devilwolf81 on Mar 14, 11 8:49 AM
I made it to level 23 before it froze up and won't let me use the x-ray googles. The only other problems I had was the 1st HOG in the lab, I couldn't pick up the pincers for a little while, rebooted and it worked but it's not working now.

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Mar 14, 11 10:05 AM
Having a machine that is running XP is no guarantee that the game will work. I tried it on an old computer running XP and had the same problems with crashing I had on my newer computer.

[Post New]by susanstager on Mar 14, 11 11:16 AM
This game has frozen and locked 4 times for us. You also can't pick up the xray glasses etc and it won't let you save and quit either.That involved rebooting the computer. Is this being addressed or can we get a refund on this one??

geo12
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by geo12 on Mar 14, 11 11:23 AM
I had the problem as Hazel. Thank goodness I didn't buy it. Going to uninstall right now!

Shania
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Shania on Mar 14, 11 11:53 AM
I know you have heard this already, I too have been with BigFish from the start, this is ridiculous. ThisTreasure Hunters game looks like it would be a good one and I get the floating curser as soon as I pick up the back pack. I have tried to reload the game several times since yesterday and am very disappointed!! There have also been several games this month that have acted similarly. Pretty sure I would have bought this one. Hope that you guys aren't paying more to your March contest than your loyal customers that have been with you from the start.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 14, 11 4:05 PM
I had only a very little screen while playing (I think its because I have a widescreen laptop), thats very annoying

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on Mar 14, 11 4:06 PM
It's been years since I had problems like these: the custom cursor (which I blamed at first, but had no option but to use) was all hickupy, I couldn't control it properly and the whole game was functioning sooooooooooo slooooooooowly, I had to quit within two minutes - I never got to finish the tutorial part (which, by the way, seems to be obligatory)!!

Go to: