Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Garden Dash

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 15, 11 1:31 PM
2 TM Gardening games in a row?? Ouch - didn't like yesterdays & am not even going to try today's based on the quickness of the timer. I hate that frustrated feeling and get "chest pains" over the timer running out! Now if it was a sequal of Roads to Roam or Royal Envoy or even Time Builders it would be a definite TRY and most likely Buy but alas...... another day shot with nothing new to play! :-(

Lean

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Mar 15, 11 3:50 PM
Some people love timers and some don't. I love timers when playing time management games but not when playing iHOGs- I prefer relaxed for iHOGs. KUDOS to Bigfish for releasing 2 consecutive time management gardening/farming games. After all, around 75% of releases here are hidden object games.

PS The timer is not that quick-this is a casual game-not hardcore.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Mar 15, 11 4:49 PM
I always try the Dash series, but this one just isn't grabbing me. Not sure why. I agree with a previous poster that there needs to be more upgrades. It somehow seems more monotonous than the average TM game. I can't really tell you why, but this one is not getting bought.

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Mar 15, 11 5:25 PM
I love TM games, but I beta tested this one and it was just boring. I played the trial after it was released and I still don't like it. There's no flow to it and everything just feels awkward.

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Mar 15, 11 7:45 PM
Wow... I'm a TM purist and after a couple of levels in, that clock gets fierce! LOL! But it's winnable after some practice. Also, it was very nice to see a character with my skin shade/complexion. I may purchase this game on that principle alone!

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Mar 16, 11 4:16 AM
LOVE TM games and have bought this one.Don't regret it.Hm...During last night have played and couldn't leave it ! Its a delightful shame...Find the timer challenging and have often to retry a level.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 16, 11 5:39 AM
The graphics are wonderful. The gameplay is TM. This Dash game means that all customers must be served or the level is failed. The clock is fast, but the leaves fill the bar that gives you more time.Careful planting is the key to completely the higher levels. I often look ahead to see what colors will be coming up. Darling storyline. If you have planned any of the Dash avenue games, you will remember our new main character, Barb, the workaholic. Lovely game even with the fast clock.

This game is an A-.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 16, 11 8:07 AM
Just finished the game, and played roughly around 4 hours total in 2 days. There are 50 levels in the 'Green Gardner' section. Once you advance in the game, the 'Handy Harvester' section opens up for more game play; so there is a lot of game play for what you are paying for.

As for me... cute game, but not nearly as difficult as some older Diner Dash ones. Actually, I found this dash game too easy. Just remember to use all the falling leaves to gain time to finish each level. If you do that, you will find there is plenty of time to finish each level in a more relaxed state, rather then running around frantically, and that's without even utilizing all the upgrades to help.

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 9:54:05 AM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 16, 11 8:29 AM
I didn't care for it. The constant pruning, watering and headphones on roses (?????) was too dull for me. I played the demo and will wait for Wedding Dash 5.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Mar 16, 11 9:28 AM
mkastor wrote:I didn't care for it. The constant pruning, watering and headphones on roses (?????) was too dull for me. I played the demo and will wait for Wedding Dash 5.

Have you heard anything about Wedding Dash 5 coming out soon? I sure hope so too.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Mar 16, 11 10:57 AM
I love this game!!!! Very fun and fast for me.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Mar 16, 11 4:39 PM
No buy, wouldn't buy it for 2.99 and I love TM games. I got on level 3 was clicking like crazy as well as collecting all relaxation leaves and still couldn't get it...no desire to play it again. The graphics are not that great. The upgrades too costly.

I Love this game!

[Post New]by legaldash on Mar 16, 11 4:43 PM
Hi,

I am a very big dash fan. I have been looking for a garden game and this onne is GREAT! I also love that it is different from so many of the dash games! I hope others enjoy it as much as I do!

--legaldash

sonbanon
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by sonbanon on Mar 16, 11 8:27 PM
I did like it but I thought it was waaaaay too easy (aside from level 41, which was so poorly designed that it wasn't obvious there were extra pots. Once that was discovered, that level was a breeze.).

All that said, I would recommend buying it.

[Post New]by tiffeytwo on Mar 16, 11 8:52 PM
I was initally excited by another dash game. Downloaded it, bought it, plays no problem. Was stuck on level three! Now I don't mind a challenge, but I don't like to be frustrated by a game, since I play them to relax from my stressful day at work. Now I am at level seven, and stuck again. I will most likely end up deleting it from my computer. Wish I could have my credit back. Too hard. Way too hard and frustrating!!!

Tiffytwo

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Mar 16, 11 9:31 PM
Beta'd this one quite a while back and never really cared for it.

Maybe it's just me but I'm getting sick of seeing Flo & friends in *every* game by Playfirst anymore. Sell a game based on its merits, rather than its characters.

I also remember not exactly being enthralled by the gameplay. I did not find the game flowed all that well, to me it seemed clunky and awkward, hard to get a real groove going.

Not a bad game, just not one I'm likely to play again.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Mar 17, 11 4:23 AM
I guess I'm with those who don't really love this game.

It was ok, despite I didn't find the story catching, nor the graphs too nice. The gardening theme is not very original even in TMG, and IMHO there are other gardeningTMG far better than this one (for gameplay, graph quality, story...). At least the Soap Opera Dash (which I didn't love either but liked better than this one) was original in its setting.

Didn't find it that challenging as long as you collect the relaxing leaves, but then again I only got to level 17 in the time I demoed (have about 10-15 mins left and I'm a perfectionist so don't move on unless I score Expert ). Not too much thinking or strategy either (or I found a great trick to serve everyone before timer ran out ).

I'd give it a 6/10, basically because I consider myself a Dash series fan and I'm not sure whether my indiference at this one has something to do with unfulfilled high expectations or not.

lilclerk
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by lilclerk on Mar 17, 11 8:25 AM
It took me a little bit to get in the groove of this game (no money goal blew my mind for a bit) but now I'm liking it. I wouldn't say it's too easy, but it's not as challenging as the first few Diner or Wedding Dash games either.
I'm just glad there was a new TM game. I hate build-a-lot style games and it seems like that's all that goes under TM anymore.

Edited on 03/17/2011 at 8:26:58 AM PST

[Post New]by Heath33 on Mar 17, 11 11:52 AM
Taltam1 wrote:Wow... I'm a TM purist and after a couple of levels in, that clock gets fierce! LOL! But it's winnable after some practice. Also, it was very nice to see a character with my skin shade/complexion. I may purchase this game on that principle alone!

Totally agree - so nice to see a main character with brown skin!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 18, 11 4:58 AM
Taltam1 wrote:Wow... I'm a TM purist and after a couple of levels in, that clock gets fierce! LOL! But it's winnable after some practice. Also, it was very nice to see a character with my skin shade/complexion. I may purchase this game on that principle alone!

I have lots of reasons for buying games - often I buy to encourage more of certain types of games. I decided that if the main character's complexion is important to you, then it's important enough to me to go ahead and get this game. Besides, I like diversity anyway...

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 4:59:16 AM PST

Go to: