cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 22, 11 6:52 AM
Ok that scared me. The main screen made me think it was going to be one of those 'motion sickness' games. Luckily it wasnt. The hidden object scenes weren't too bad and the misclick pentatly is the screen going dark for a few moments. Nothing too bothersome.

The hint button confuses me a bit. It looks like it loads to where you can get up to 4 hints, and if you use one, it refills itself. Also, it seems like finding stars gains you a hint.

However, I got tired of the organizing the files in the computer and stopped the game there.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Mar 22, 11 6:54 AM
Review of demo:

Ok, I have dissed HdO many times, but I have to give them a little credit here. They are improving. The scenes are better drawn, the hidden objects no longer look like cut and paste, there is an attempt at a story, the English is much improved. Some of the mini games were just plain time wasters like the file folder matching. I had fun with the pipe puzzle. I did play the entire hour as the game did give me some atmosphere to keep me entertained. Would I buy? If it were a drought or a DD, but with all the better offerings, most likely no.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Mar 22, 11 6:56 AM
HdO is the maker of what I call the worst HOG ever: Secrets of the Vatican. They use the same engine in all the games, the format is unchanged.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 6:56:36 AM PST

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Mar 22, 11 7:01 AM
Aha - HdO is the game developer. I thought it was some secret code for the in-crowd.

I may try the demo after work, but from the comments above, I don't hold much hope for a buy. Thanks again for the review.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 22, 11 7:23 AM
I enjoyed this just as much as Aladin. Actually more. I deleted Aladin after 4 minutes and this one after 10 minutes. In my opinion these are two of the most irritating games I've ever tried and golly, both by the same developer.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 22, 11 7:27 AM
Mmk...I had some problems with the DL but am not going to bother with trying to figure it out. Sounds like it isn't worth the effort. Thanks for your input all

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 7:31:28 AM PST

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Mar 22, 11 7:51 AM
Hdo is the creator. I dislike this type of game. It's hard on the eyes - objects are tough to find. Dislike the swap/spin mechanism in the mini games. Not a buy for me. Bonnie and Clyde was terrible but I wanted to see if they'd improved. Not much.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Mar 22, 11 8:42 AM
Today's 2 games are not even worth trying them. Poor graphics, lousy music...
I must admit, I didn't play the whole trial version, got fed up after 20 minutes. Maybe I missed the better part? In my oppinion: !
But if you like plain object-hunting, go ahead!

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 22, 11 8:46 AM
Hi fishies,

We have a new forum for FBI: Paranormal Case!

The moderation team will go ahead and move this thread into the new forum and lock it to avoid any confusion.

You are encouraged to repost your comments in the new thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: