Re:Welcome to Shades of Death: Royal Blood forum

[Post New]by StudentOfTrinity on Apr 1, 11 11:16 AM
It's good enough, though not great, that I bought it. But yeah: it's really short. Chapter III is really perfunctory. And it's worse than just being short, actually. The abrupt, phoned-in way the game wrapped up changed my feeling about the first part of the game, and made me see the quick-and-cheap aspect of things that hadn't initially struck me that way. Like the way being in 'the world of the dead' means you revisit the same scenes, only brightly lit. At first that seemed cool. Now all I can think is: that must have been a whole lot easier than making new scenes.

On the plus side (in a way), this game made me view a lot of IHOG conventions more harshly than I have before. We've been swallowing too much crap for too long, people. In particular, for crying out loud:

If I find something as handy as a knife, which is also easily portable, I am not going to throw it away just because I've finished cutting whatever it was I had to cut in the first scene. So no, I will not need to hunt around for new knives later on in the game, when something else needs to be cut. And I will similarly be able to grab that nailed-down plank using the clawhammer I found in Chapter I; I will not need to hunt for a handsaw.

Having to keep hunting for a butterknife and three socks even after I've already hauled the crypt seal out of the bizarre junkpile is also getting old.

We've come a long way since Huntsville, folks. And that's great. But once the whole game is feeling less like a cutesy little cartoon, once there's all this atmosphere and intrigue, then some of these idiotic conventions can really wear thin.

[Post New]by cherylee63 on Apr 13, 11 10:30 AM
Technical problems with this game. I can't get the cursor to go lower on the page to retrieve items on the find list. Again another reason I am so glad Big fish has trial downloads. Will NOT be buying this game.

[Post New]by peaches25 on May 5, 11 5:30 PM
I'm stuck . Please help me get past the box with the wolf and four other symbals. I can't even get past the scene. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by cgoodw81 on May 8, 11 5:34 PM
How do you find the container for the diesel fuel?

Re:Welcome to Shades of Death: Royal Blood forum..glich

[Post New]by parrishjt on May 15, 11 5:07 AM
there are gliches in this game! you cant pick-up hot key in fireplace with tongs..nope it wont do it and you cant open torture chamber with the 2 bolts...NOPE...wont do it either!..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...UGGGHHH

[Post New]by batzilla on May 30, 11 8:15 PM
I am in the little town. I've been to the police station, the cemetery, the dock, and Silent Night. I am trying to locate the final mirror shard that belongs behind the Silent Night desk. I get the "there is nothing to do here...look somewhere else" message on my hint. I'm sure I have overlooked something, but where??
?

[Post New]by CHECKA1 on May 30, 11 8:39 PM
HI BATZILLA,

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. IF YOU FIND OUT HOW TO GET THE FINAL MIRROR PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU. I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS ONE THING SINCE YESTERDAY.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Jun 11, 11 9:47 PM
I didn't have any glitch problems with this game and yes you do pick up the hot key from the fireplace with the tongs that you have when you down the hatch. To open the torture chamber you use the 2 levers that you found and attach them down the bottom. This is an awesome game and would highly recommend buying the game.

Remember this game has a very detailed walkthrough including pictures for when you are stuck. I used the walkthrough from BFG when Ii was stuck in Chapter 1

[Post New]by tequilaboneti on Jan 2, 12 1:29 AM
hello I need help, don't know how to find the other two pieces of the mirror in chapter II. thanks for helping

[Post New]by tequilaboneti on Jan 2, 12 3:11 AM
well, don't need help anymore.I found the answers.

[Post New]by ron1944 on Nov 29, 13 8:47 AM
walk through

Go to: