gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for FBI: Paranormal Case

[Post New]by gama58 on Mar 22, 11 8:36 AM
sinshack wrote:5th day in a row with Hidden Object games? And there are TWO today? There is a soft release - if you hate this game, give Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights a try!

I'm downloading both right now, I just popped in over here in case somebody missed the soft release and wants to try that one.

And after what went on in the forums yesterday, please remember that everyone is entitled to hate a game, everyone is entitled to post in the forum that they hate a game and why they hate it, but NOBODY is entitled to be rude, especially to other gamers but also to Big Fish and the game developers.

Amen! Thank you sinshack for making this statement. I totally agree with you. I have been reading the comments on the last few games and was disappointed with how people make their comments. Yes, everybody is entitled to their opinion and feelings, but we don't have to be so mean about it. I know that it is not that easy to make these games because if it were I would be creating my own games. I know that some fo these games are poorly made, but that's where we as gamers need to come in and make constructive criticism so that the developers can improve on their games.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 22, 11 8:57 AM
From what I can see, there has only been about 4 comment/reviews here today.

I know that it does not seem long to you fishies but I have been at work for the last 10 hours. Just popped in to look at the comments/reviews.
I can see very little of that on the game, therefore I have no idea of what it is like.
Fortunately, I do not have a DL problem in respect of time or limit.
Please can we stick to the game in question?
Please think of Japan, New Zealand, Libya and everything else that is going on outside the pond.
Have fun all please??

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 22, 11 9:02 AM
Sorry fishies, I did not realise that there was another thread with comments in.
There were more than 4 comments/reviews

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 22, 11 9:14 AM
HdO. 'Nuff said. I will NOT even be wasting my time, energy, electricity, bandwidth, WHATEVER to download this. What's the old saying? "Once bitten, twice shy." Well, I've been "bitten" by HdO more than once, so I'm doubly shy.

My only question, aside from the obvious, "Why BF? Why?" is, how come the date on the "New Mac!!" thread is the 18th yet we're only getting this today? I think the are about again!!

S.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 12:44:46 PM PST

lizthequiz
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by lizthequiz on Mar 22, 11 9:27 AM
Oh dear!!
Did 28 minutes of the trial before I deleted and I washed my hair and made a cup of tea in that time
No sale
Liz

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 22, 11 9:30 AM
The objects are very difficult to find. Not just to small, but very indefinable. I got into it the more I played. The magnifying glass is a must have. I'm not a big fan, but I would get it for DD or catch of the week. I'd say give it a try.

I'd rate this: PORK BELLY

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone.

‘ ‘
(o)

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 22, 11 9:42 AM
Thank you SINSHACK for supplying us with an excellent review. I havn't played the game yet, but because of your review, I will definately try it. Again thanks for taking the time to "nutshell" the game.

Well, I played the game for 55 minutes. It is the most boring game I have ever played. It is up to everyone to make up their own minds, but I cannot recommend this game to any of my friends.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 12:19:07 PM PST

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 22, 11 9:57 AM
Why, oh why can't you put the developer on the download page?
For a HdO game I wouldn't have even bothered to download.
Those games are rubbish, and you know it.

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Mar 22, 11 10:04 AM
AN ABSOLUTE NO! The forum wasnt up yet so I tried it....I got music but that's all....a totally black screen and couldnt escape the screen...("Paranormal"? )...had to turn computer off both times I tried.

Now that the forum is up...According to my reliable fellow ponders this isnt worth any time at all anyway. I'm off to uninstall.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 22, 11 10:24 AM
A little off topic, but sort of relates so please bear with me, after reading I had to go back and see what happened yesterday. I don't think I've ever seen such a strongly worded warning from a moderator before on these forums so things must have gotten nasty. I went on to read some more and some of those comments started me thinking so for better or worse here goes.

I tend to play hidden object games for the most part in all of their various incarnations. What, in my opinion, makes a game stand out from others is it's story line. As with movies and novels the stories are works of fiction. Sometimes they require from us a willing suspension of disbelief, (Dire Grove comes immediately to mind). Today's game does as well, as someone commented that the FBI does not work the way it does in the game in real life. That being said, in my opinion I am unwilling to engage in that suspension of disbelief because there are too many other issues including a poor stereotyping of Mexican culture. I lived on the border for the first thirteen years of my life and have lived in an area where the the Hispanic population is the predominant culture my entire life. Game developers from any country have the right, of course, to develop stories as they see fit, but if they want their games to be successful in international markets it simply makes good business sense to be a little more culturally sensitive. Other issues include the fact that in almost every H0 scene there were objects that were highlighted (for lack of a better term) that you had to click on to get rid of in order to find what you need. It made no sense and served no purpose other than to annoy me. Issue two-in almost every scene there was some impossibly tiny objects. The hints were easily found, but why should I have to wait to use a second hint when it's so hard to find something so small. Also in one scene the object I was looking far looked nothing like what it was supposed to. (and it wasn't something that has a lot of variations).

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 22, 11 10:27 AM
Quote from Burningswan in another thread:

"Ok, I have dissed HdO many times, but I have to give them a little credit here. They are improving. The scenes are better drawn, the hidden objects no longer look like cut and paste, there is an attempt at a story, the English is much improved. Some of the mini games were just plain time wasters like the file folder matching. I had fun with the pipe puzzle. I did play the entire hour as the game did give me some atmosphere to keep me entertained. Would I buy? If it were a drought or a DD, but with all the better offerings, most likely no. "

Used the quote because it's exactly how I feel. And the devs.
deserve credit for improving.

[Post New]by africangreylady on Mar 22, 11 10:44 AM
I somehow lasted ten minutes, though I was shaking my head the entire time, either not believing how dumb the game was or trying to get rid of the irritating spooky music from my ears! Spooky music, NO spooky in the game! Location: FBI, USA...well, where else would the FBI be!? I haven't liked any games from these developers and their record is intact with the two games offered by them today. At least it played on my computer, which the games the last two days has not! I didn't need to turn my computer off to get out of it...that was the only plus I found for this game! Definite 'no buy' for me.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 11:15:37 AM PST

puppyalpha
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by puppyalpha on Mar 22, 11 11:10 AM
just HOW DO YOU START THE GAME !!! ???? when i click "start game" it comes up my name. i agree with the other fishes, just is a dud !!! hdg should be ashamed of this junk

not a happy camper,

puppyalpha

[Post New]by stlasuker on Mar 22, 11 11:28 AM
Another waste of 15 minutes of my time. This game group puts out terrible games and I guess we just keep trying them. The game is clunky and ill conceived. No story line (that makes any sense), puzzles that are randomly thrown in and hidden objects that are easy to find, because the whole game is so poorly drawn. Can't find one thing good about this game so just say no and save yourself those 15 minutes.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Mar 22, 11 12:09 PM
Well, three HdO games from Anuman in two days. This must be a record.

When I discovered Anuman HdO games I discovered a developer that ranks right down there with Nevosoft. Their games are filled with pop up figures that overlay the screen, teeny tiny objects, blurry graphics, odd semi-360 screen motion that usually reveals nothing, fractured dialogue and chaotic story line (if any).

For me their games are just mediocre and boring and they appear to have had little thought or time invested in the product. Perhaps if the developer stopped churning these out so quickly they might take a good look at their product. Other players comments about these games leads me to suspect it is not just me and that expects more from a game.

On the other hand, fishies surely you would not take the reviewers word as gospel, the trial is free so give it a go, you may like it.

twinkeeper
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by twinkeeper on Mar 22, 11 3:21 PM
Ok, so I was bored and actually bought this game. It's horrible for all the reasons above. Not worth a penny. Blech.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 22, 11 4:51 PM
Okay, downloading the demo and haven't played yet, but wanted to thank Sinshack for the awesome and thorough review. Very nice. Off to try the game for myself. Thanks

Okay, played 19 minutes and had to stop. Wow! I really don't like the games that only show you a couple of needed items at a time. I like to see them all, or at least most of them. Takes too long. Can't add anything that hasn't already been said. Just didn't care for it at all. Hopefully tomorrow will bring something good.

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 5:19:02 PM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Mar 22, 11 5:44 PM
WHERE ARE YOU GOOFYDUCK? YOU ARE MISSED AND I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU!
Apart from that, I have read all the reviews so far and can't find one which says that this game is worth downloading. What a shame. Looking forward to something more 'juicy' soon.
Lots of love and all good wishes now SPRING is officially here, Pat_ric_ia x

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 22, 11 8:16 PM
Ooookkkkaaayyyyyy... whatever. I downloaded the game despite the bad reviews figuring I'd give it a shot but it doesn't seem to want to let me play the game. I click start a new game and it brings up the profile screen... I click my profile and it does nothing if I click on the star or the profile name and if I click on the edit it asks me to enter my name again. If I click the little continue arrow in the bottom right it takes me to the main menu where I'm asked to click start a new game again!!!

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Mar 23, 11 5:19 AM
BORING

Go to: