Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Mar 22, 11 2:11 PM
Well I've played my hour (did skip the domino puzzles in the interests of getting as far as possible.... ) and it's a game that does have good aspects.....i.e. the beautiful artwork and the story..OK it's not an original story ), but the HOG scenes are really just a "collect everything in sight" procedure, and the gameplay is just so clunky as to be untrue, if this really is a brand new game.

I got as far as collecting the smart clothes after making the ?stew after being in the cave and finding the lamp.

Who knows, this could be a good long game, and the genies might have some funny dialogue. I did quite like the search in the desert (even if it did remind me of one of the old Kings Quest games) and the navigation arrows are a neat way of getting from place to place without having to remember which way to go from the market square....

I might even be tempted by it as a DD.....if it was made by a group of students I would think it had lots of potential, but for modern gameplay it really needs a huge overhaul to be competitive and it should never have gone on sale as an official full price game.....

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Mar 22, 11 2:41 PM
LENGTH: Beat it in 59 minutes.

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 22, 11 2:55 PM
To quote myself from the TGT thread:

"HdO. 'Nuff said. I will NOT even be wasting my time, energy, electricity, bandwidth, WHATEVER to download this. What's the old saying? "Once bitten, twice shy." Well, I've been "bitten" by HdO more than once, so I'm doubly shy."

I would like to add that when given the choice between NOT playing a game and playing an HdO game, I will always, without fail, choose to NOT play a game, which of course mean that I will ALWAYS, without fail, choose NOT to spend money on a game. I think I would prefer to have a root canal, GYN exam, mammogram, colonoscopy, and EGD done all on the same day than play, much less purchase, an HdO game.

S.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 22, 11 3:33 PM
I tried both of today's HdO's, and ended up buying this one. Compared to the FBI one this one is half way decent one. Easy to be sure, but at least I could find everything without using hints constantly. And I am curious enough to see where this story is going. I typically don't buy HdO games, as I hate their format, objects are usually so tiny, you cannot even tell what they are when you use a hint. And I find them frustrating, and not any fun. This one isn't too bad, so I will play it out.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Mar 22, 11 4:13 PM
This game is boring and has a stupid story line. This is a new game? C'mon, BF. If you're going to release children's games, at least let us know somewhere in the description, etc. This one is just like the FBI game that was on sale yesterday. Not worth the free hour for the demo, let alone $6.99!

And the graphics are terrible.

ZERO stars!

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 22, 11 4:17 PM
BigTfromAV wrote:LENGTH: Beat it in 59 minutes.

I just wondered how much longer I had to go; had put ring back together, was chasing the fatish genie all over the town; had collected suns and moons. was there much more?

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 22, 11 4:38 PM
when i tried to play the game my screen just went black with the music playing

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 22, 11 4:38 PM
when i tried to play the game my screen just went black with the music playing

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Mar 22, 11 5:17 PM
I'm one of the odd ones out. I like this game and the FBI game as well. I'll be purchasing both. These are what I like to call "cold" games. They're easy enough to play when you have a cold and don't feel like working too hard to play a game. And, I have a cold. So, I'm going to cuddle up with my laptop, hot coffee, in bed and relax for a good day of gaming.

'sniffle'
Linda.

suddensam
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suddensam on Mar 22, 11 7:14 PM
I want to know why this game has been put in the "New Releases" section. I downloaded it and it said that my trial 60 minutes was up. I do recall playing this once, so why is it listed as new? Come on BF, get us some NEW games that are really great. Lately it seems like this developer is the only one making new games, that can't really be true can it?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 22, 11 7:15 PM
Here's some hot chocolate, Linda_S 55. I know it looks like coffee, but it's really hot chocolate. I' hope you're feeling better, and have fun with the games!

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Mar 22, 11 9:42 PM
makes no sense to put down every game so easily- this one has merits for enough people- they might miss something that works for them by reading only bad reviews by everyday game critics- so it is simple- so what-

[Post New]by LaReine1 on Mar 23, 11 7:44 AM
Finished the game in a little over an hour. I do wish I had waited for it to be on sale as a daily deal or catch of the week because of how short the game is. Unfortunately, I used a game club credit.
It would be nice if BFG could include an estimate of play time for each game in the game descriptions.

As for the game, I liked the story and enjoyed the minigames.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Mar 23, 11 8:17 AM
In spite of the bad reviews I'll probably try this one - IF I can figure out how to actually start the game! I'm an experienced gamer, but I never got past going in circles from the "Start Game" button to the "profiles" button to the button with my name on it. I only had about 3 minutes before I had to leave for work, but, gosh, it shouldn't take that long to figure out how to start a game!

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Mar 23, 11 12:20 PM
I wanted to enjoy this game because the setting was exotic and unusual for me. I played all the way through the trial. I kind of got the feel for what the game was trying to be but there were things that got in the way of really enjoying playing. I can be comfortable with odd translations and grammar as long as I get the point and it adds to the exotic feel of the game for me. I will list the things that ade this a no buy for me.
1. The sound loop was way too short. Chattering in a foreign language softly in the background is usually a plus for me, but the loop was so short that I began to hate the same phrases played endlessly over and over. I would recommend a much longer loop and some mixing so the pattern doesn't just replicate itself until you get cranky.
2. The blinking on things that needed to be moved in order to find needed objects behind them seemed pointless. If I have to click on a trunk and it blinks at me to tell me that it is just busy work for me. On the other hand, when I have to find one last item and it is blinking at me before I have even searched that is hand holding.
3 I personally find the puzzles that you can either switch one block for another or move columns and rows or some other obscure option too annoying to play. IMO nothing gets done. I can set up a row but then to change the columns I have to roll away the row that I got set up and it is back to zero. This is a deal breaker for me.
4. I hate being a stupid character. A character comes to me and tells me that the princess is taking a secret journey across the town to bathe makes it not very secret and the fact that she is being sent without guards or servants but expects one to be there is just stupid and I should at least have enough sense to know it.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Mar 23, 11 1:59 PM
sinshack wrote:Here's some hot chocolate, Linda_S 55. I know it looks like coffee, but it's really hot chocolate. I' hope you're feeling better, and have fun with the games!

Thanks Sinshack. You know, the hot chocolate did work much better than the coffee. Getting better with the cat on my feet keeping them warm . Back to gaming. I have 6 lined up to keep me busy.

Linda.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Mar 24, 11 5:54 AM
After I figured out how to start the game, I didn't really like it. I found the graphics pretty fuzzy, although the magnification button helped a bit. I also found some of the object names confusing - ice, when you're looking for an ice cream cone, for example. And it seemed that at random times an object would glow that I was supposed to be looking for, but NOT when I asked for a hint, and when I did ask for a hint I thought they were not helpful at all! So I'm going to pass on this one.

fiorel4
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by fiorel4 on Mar 25, 11 7:28 PM
OMG how slow can this game be! I downloaded the demo's of 2 HdO games today and within 3 minutes of beginning them I have closed and deleted them both. I am sorry to be so negative, but playing these games are like watching paint dry. Sooooo boring

I think even children or beginners to HOG's would have trouble sticking with Aladin. The graphics are basic at best, the ****'s are small, the font used for the **** lists in too small. What else is there to say.

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 26, 11 12:15 AM
I spent 3 hours and just finished the game.
What was irritating:
1. The background voice, something like "blah blah blah". It was repeated every 15 seconds and at the end of the game I wanted turn off the sound.
2. Only one music track for the whole game. Are you serious?
3. The title of the game "Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp", but the name of the boy in this game is Aladdin. Was that hard to notice that? I think that the publisher said the developers about this discrepancy. But apparently the developers decided not to waste their time. Too sad.
4. The end of game: Actually, i expected something like movie, but.. Just few words? After a 3 hours of the gameplay?

Anyway, i liked the storyline and i finished the game. Best wishes in creating the next game!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Mar 26, 11 3:13 PM
I just played the trial of this. I got to the part in the cave where I have to put the pieces of the key on the stone when my trial ran out. Anyone who's finished the game, can you tell me if there's much more?
Thanks!
~Suz

Go to: