angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

Re:Post any The Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 23, 11 10:30 AM
I am not sure if this is a tech. issue or if my lousy cold is making me brain dead. I have collected all the bones to use for ashes to create the second sword. Problem: I go to the second part of the graveyard that sparkles and it wants me to pick up something on the ground. All I have in my inventory is bones and that does not work. I go to the third part of the graveyard that sparkles and try to burn the bones. That doesn't work either. I have been all over the place trying to figure out what to do. Hint does not help at all. Please someone let me know if this is tech. issue or I am missing something important. Thank you.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 23, 11 10:38 AM
Did you get all the fire wood? I don't think that's a glitch.

[Post New]by momonamona on Mar 23, 11 10:46 AM
Junk game! I deleted it after 5 minutes...when it loaded, there was no sound, had to turn the sound on and off in the options, but it kept going on and off after that. Also, clicking on items needed did nothing, so gave up and quit.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Mar 23, 11 10:51 AM
Some games should carry a computer health warning !

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 23, 11 11:08 AM
Hello everyone.

Most of the issues that have been reported in this thread are relating to crash, display and sound issues which all can relate to certain components in your computer. If you haven't already and would like to check if an update to your system will help, please follow the link below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already gone through these steps or would like further assistance, the best thing to do is to contact Tech Support (you can click on this link) with as much information as you can provide, including screenshots and/or a Dr. Felix report. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 23, 11 11:08 AM
Micha1234: I don't have any firewood. It looks like there might be some to pick up in the second section of the graveyard (no fire in pit), but I am unable to pick them up. There is something that shines in the grass that I am not able to get either. All I have is dem bones, dem bones. Sorry blame it on the cold.

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 11:09:22 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 23, 11 11:11 AM
SPOILER!!!!!

find the fire wood, you should actually be able to use your hint button.....then go to that shiny place in the grass and place all your stuff in there.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 23, 11 11:17 AM
Sorry it's not working. I used the hint button and it deletes without giving me any clue. I tried it several times to make sure I was just not seeing what it was suppose to be showing me, but to no avail. I really think this is a tech. issue as everything was working fine up until this point.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 23, 11 11:20 AM
Hang in there anglefishb, try exiting out of the game and then looking for the wood. I had to exit out a couple of times, too, to get things working right

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 23, 11 11:32 AM
Another thing I forgot to mention is the area where I smashed the statues still sparkles when I leave it even though the game tells me that everything is explored in that area. Does that have any significance?

kfitzzy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kfitzzy on Mar 23, 11 11:41 AM
I am having difficulties picking items up. Even when I use the hint it circles the item to be picked up but I can't.. Really bad when it is an item you need for inventory....

Think I want my credit back.. between not being able to pick up items the speeling in awful some times I have to click on everything because I can't find what they say I need and it is because of the spelling of the words.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 23, 11 12:03 PM
Micha1234: I have exited the game several times now and still cannot pick up the wood. I even rebooted my computer and still the same thing. I guess my only alternative is too come in under a different ID and start over for the third time and hope that works. I was really enjoying the game up to now, so I will give it a go. I appreciate all your good help. It's really nice when someone responds to your problems. Have a great day.

ladytgun
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ladytgun on Mar 23, 11 12:07 PM
What is up with these games lately who beta test these games installed it 2 times get he game manager bos the hit play and it flips not even open games just keeps flippimg what is up lately al,ost evry other game is trouble...
susan hoover

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 23, 11 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear that anglefishb You'll get there I had some spots, that kept sparkling, too. And mine said everything explored, too.

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Mar 23, 11 12:26 PM
I was really prepared to love this game. The graphics are excellent; the story is good. I could even overlook the annoying gameplay. (Really! having to spend 5 minutes of game play to "catch" honey?)

However, as others have mentioned, this game has serious technical difficulties. I had a little trouble with the video at first but finally got the game to run in HD mode. Then I discovered that 1) it takes several tries to get an item to click and the Hidden Object puzzles frequently refuse to open until I exit then enter again. Even then, it takes several tries to click on the exact spot that will open the puzzle; 2) instructions and item names are misspelled and some are mysterious or mislabeled (a "goutstool" turned out to be an old-fashioned ottoman, while a "gold piece" turned out to be a cup or a shield--I'm still not sure which); 3) items are also so frequently hidden behind other objects they are practically invisible; 4) the Hints are useless; 5) some Hidden Object puzzles give me nothing after I solve them; 6) Finally, and more importantly, game play is very slow and clunky. The puzzles change faster than the click takes effect, so in effect the puzzles are practically impossible to do.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 23, 11 1:05 PM
Lots of glitches in this game. Some hog scenes won't allow you pick up an item and others doen't appear unless you exit the scene. I have had to go to the main menu many times and back in the then it works. Have also had to exit via Task Manager because it froze. I hope an updated version will become available for those of us who have purchased it.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 23, 11 1:07 PM
angelfishsb wrote:Another thing I forgot to mention is the area where I smashed the statues still sparkles when I leave it even though the game tells me that everything is explored in that area. Does that have any significance?

I had the same problem just as the demo was running out. I am wondering if you aren't supposed to smash all four statues the first time (which I did assuming I would find other items inside the statues). The game seems linear--finding the guards triggers being able to see the door in the cemetery, which triggers the hidden object scene outside the gate. Perhaps you are supposed to smash statues until you find the first gem but leave the other statues until you need to find the second gem?

My demo has run out, and I'm not going to buy it until I know whether I just didn't look the right places for the second gem or whether this is a glitsch in the game. (If I'm right, then I would have to play the whole game over again....)

Later addition--ignore my suggestion not to smash the statues. I don't know why the area continues to sparkle.

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 1:21:54 PM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Mar 23, 11 1:18 PM
hey fishes just want to say a big thank you to kimflighti did what you said &got my sound on ya hooo have a great day fishes off to buy have a code for this

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 23, 11 2:30 PM
allielubaka wrote:Oh My!!! Poor computer (that has just been totally updated) flashed in and out. No picture no sound - just the flashing. Had to restart computer, then deleted game. What is the 'magic' that others can even get it up!??
The game is 'dead' for me.

Exactly the same for me 3 mins used after running task manager to throw into the bin POOR POOR quality

Never had much problems with games before certainly not to this level

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Mar 23, 11 2:45 PM
Madmae wrote:game loaded just fine but no sound even after I made sure that it wasn't muted on the options screen.

Madmae and others, I had the same problem with no sound in the beginning, but when I clicked on the options there was a choice for "mute volume" which didn't make any sense to me. I did click it twice and the sound came on.
Audrey

Go to: