fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fairjuno on Mar 25, 11 3:18 AM
My game started working perfectly, so I went ahead and bought it. But I did notice the game wouldn't run if I had Firefox open.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by vkacademy on Mar 25, 11 4:55 AM
Seriously laggy. I beta-ed this just a day before it was released (developers, you might want to give yourselves time to respond to the feedback before launching, but whatever) and had the same problem. Game loads fine, opens fine, but then anything I do (enter player name, move cursor, click item) has about a five-second lag before the game responds. I've played Artogon games before and I don't recall having this problem with those games. It looks to be a good, intriguing game and the graphics and music are nice, but it would take me forever to play it at this rate.

reneesenn
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by reneesenn on Mar 25, 11 5:34 AM
My game keeps freezing. I have to go to to desktop and then bring it back up...over and over. I played About 35minutes and did it 6 times. I don't mind this as much as it shutting down completely, but it sorta drags you out of the mood. And this game is all about mood.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 25, 11 6:11 AM
grogsplot wrote:I need the juniper but now I can't get to it because that gateway appears inside the church and gets in the way. I need the juniper to progress and finish the game. Could this be a glitch? Can anyone advise?

I am having the same problem and so are many others in another page. This is a similar problem that I had yesterday with the new Puppetshow game.

Why is this happening after hours of play, I dont want to restart with a new profile from the beginning.

grrrrrr

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 25, 11 2:47 PM
barelyberlee wrote:My game is really sluggish

Mine too!

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Mar 25, 11 3:55 PM
I couldn't even download this game. It would get up around 210-215,000 and then go back to a lower number. At first I thought I was nuts, but on the 4th rewind I finally got it (what was happening - not the game!) Never had this happen before, but I'm not going to bother with it. I hope it's a good game for others!

[Post New]by Elyssande on Mar 25, 11 4:48 PM
Eactly the same problem with the Juniper - the strategy guide tells you to collect it when you take the name plaque - but of course you cant see it then - sigh....and when you place the mysterious object - that great geat obscures it, and you just get sent to the mound place - so its totally unreachable -- not able to complete the game - no bonus - sigh.

[Post New]by jimjohn88 on Mar 25, 11 7:55 PM
gailweis wrote:
barelyberlee wrote:My game is really sluggish

Mine too!

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Mar 26, 11 2:42 AM
this seems like a really good game but I am having the usual cursor problems when a game does not offer a game cursor. No idea why they go all that effort to make a superb game then don't think about basics like the cursor, this just keeps coming up on pc games time and time again.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 26, 11 1:51 PM
Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that there is a new build for this game that fixes the following issues:

- Opening portal to spirit realm before collecting juniper blocks progress – customers who have already opened the portal will need to start over. You are now unable to open portal without the Juniper.

- Title in windows title bar missing the Collector's Edition title.

To get this latest build, please uninstall and reinstall your game.

If you have any further issues, please take a look at our Help Pages, and if you can't find an answer, get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link for more information). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 1:51:30 PM PST

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Mar 26, 11 2:35 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you all know that there is a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151079.page">new build</a> for this game that fixes the following issues:

- Opening portal to spirit realm before collecting juniper blocks progress – customers who have already opened the portal will need to start over. You are now unable to open portal without the Juniper.

- Title in windows title bar missing the Collector's Edition title.

To get this latest build, please <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game.

-bfgArnoStyx

Darn! Well, I am glad it's fixed, but I think I'll wait a while till I'll play this game again from the top... a pity to get so far and then having to start over!

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Mar 27, 11 6:26 AM
I somehow missed getting the Zipper tab in the morgue and never got that body bag opened. Now the way to the morgue is blocked and I can't get back there. I finished everything else in the hospital. Does this mean I won't be able to advance in the game?

terric01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by terric01 on Mar 27, 11 8:59 PM
I thought I would buy the game, since it had so many good reviews. But, while it downloaded relatively quickly, it froze in just about every new scene. I had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out and get back in. It would pick up where I was, play fine for another 5-10 minutes and then freeze again. I don't think I'll buy this one.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Apr 2, 11 11:23 AM
On my trip back from island the game stopped and I got an error message. then it went back to my desktop.

What the heck!

Help!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 2, 11 7:33 PM
The hammer on the wreck did not go into my inventory although I found it. I cannot continue the game as I can't finish the hidden object by opening the mail box with the hammer. Can I get some help from somebody on this, Thanks,exact

[Post New]by The_Bobster on Apr 3, 11 5:50 PM
I get to the morgue and complete the Xray. It does not light up and says it needs the power cable. Uh, I found it, applied it and you can plainly see it. This is the second game where I have had something similar happen. I would really like a reply on this place.

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Apr 9, 11 11:57 AM
The_Bobster wrote:I get to the morgue and complete the Xray. It does not light up and says it needs the power cable. Uh, I found it, applied it and you can plainly see it. This is the second game where I have had something similar happen. I would really like a reply on this place.

This happened to me too, so I just went out of the room and came back and it worked.

[Post New]by GreatWhite47 on Apr 9, 11 5:23 PM
I bought this game & downloaded it, installed it fine. When I hit "play now" I get the error message straight away "failed to initialise 3D: RESULT_UNKNOWN"
What does that mean? I own the Dark Parable games & they run fine. What's up with this one? And if it's not fixable here, can I get a refund or credit for another game?

[Post New]by Queen13p00s on Apr 11, 11 1:15 PM
Woofie53 wrote:
bperlman wrote:Another game that won't play for me. I click on it..the screen goes black..then my desktop comes back and all if have is the icon on the bottom...it thinks it is running since the time is running down. I have Windows 7 64 bit. All my drivers are up to date

This has happened to me for almost all of the latest games...have worked with tech support but nothing that they have suggested worked.

I hope that BFG realizes that there are some problems with these games and Windows 7 64 bit and addresses them

I sent you a PM.

Woofie53 Would you mind sending me a PM as well please? I'd really appreciate knowing how to solve this problem.

[Post New]by Queen13p00s on Apr 11, 11 1:28 PM
fairjuno wrote:My game started working perfectly, so I went ahead and bought it. But I did notice the game wouldn't run if I had Firefox open.

Seriously, as simple as that? The game doesn't work with your browser open! Couldn't believe it was that simple until I tried it & it worked! I seem to have lost my game progress though so I have to restart. Such a shame when good games have so many silly issues that spoil them.

Go to: