webgrunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Alpha Kimori technical issues here only

[Post New]by webgrunt on Mar 25, 11 8:07 AM
OK, I installed that "fix", but the game still wouldn't run, so I went to the program files\Alpha Kimori folder, right-clicked on AlphaKimori1.exe and set it to compatibility with Windows XP SP2. That seemed to fix it, the game is working now.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 25, 11 8:56 AM
Hello everyone!

Thanks for taking the time out to post in this thread about the technical issues you're seeing. It looks like a number of you are experiencing an error message, "RGSS has stopped working..."; there is a troubleshooting step that has fixed this issue for most players, which is to check on your DEP settings. For more information and for those steps, please take a look at this help article:

Adjust your DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings

If this doesn't resolve the error message for you, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

oldyafer
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by oldyafer on Mar 25, 11 6:20 PM
I'm sorry but if so many of us are having problems with the game, we dont' need a fix, THE GAME DOES!!!!

[Post New]by MatsumotoKenji on Mar 26, 11 4:48 AM
I am using windows 7 and the game works charm.

I believe most issue may due to file permission issue that may caused by big fish's installer. (FYI, I play many RGSS(RMXP) games before and learn it at the hard way)

If you have no idea what i am saying try doing this:

copy RGSS102E.dll and paste it into c:\windows\system32
copy Fonts\umeplus-gothic.ttf and paste it to C:\Windows\Fonts (or install the font)

or just install the runtime package.
[removed by moderator] (Choose RPG Maker XP)
or [removed by moderator]

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 9:55:25 AM PST

[Post New]by jonio8 on Mar 26, 11 7:48 AM
I'm getting the RGSS message also. I have tried all the fixes suggested here and also on the Alpha Kimori website and still my game won't play. Pity because I really think I would like this one

webgrunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by webgrunt on Mar 26, 11 8:41 AM
I found a way to get the game to play.

I go to where it's installed (on my system is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Alpha Kimori\" and click AlphaKimori1.exe to run it. You first have to first right-click, go to Properties and select Windows XP SP2 for compatibility settings.

Is should work if you run it this way.

[Post New]by reebeerocks on Mar 26, 11 9:58 AM
I've tried a bunch of these fixes and it still shows the same message. Sick of trying - it's a waste of time.

The games should work before they're offered for sale here! Geez.

torns
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by torns on Mar 26, 11 8:13 PM
This is really bad publicity for the game developer Big fish should take the game down till it is fixed the suggestions they have told us to try have not worked and i am over waiting for a solution

reimy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by reimy on Mar 26, 11 8:33 PM
the game works fine for me.
mine is a laptop, win7 ultimate 32bit + 2G
what i read above, 1 step was left out

Right click on exe > Compatibility > run this program in Win XP Ser. Pack 2/3 + Run as admin> Apply > ok > Run the game

that will fix it, been using this way to play rmxp games

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 8:34:22 PM PST

Poixe
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Poixe on Mar 27, 11 3:20 AM
I've searched for the "AlphaKimori1.exe" file in my Alpha Kimori file but I can't find it, My "AlphaKimori1" files aren't .exe &I don't get the long list of tabs when I Right-Click > Properties it. Though I do have two .exe files after I went through them so I've tried doing the solution's suggested to them but the game wouldn't even open &Give me the error message after I did that..

webgrunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by webgrunt on Mar 27, 11 7:51 AM
Poixe wrote:I've searched for the "AlphaKimori1.exe" file in my Alpha Kimori file but I can't find it, My "AlphaKimori1" files aren't .exe &I don't get the long list of tabs when I Right-Click > Properties it. Though I do have two .exe files after I went through them so I've tried doing the solution's suggested to them but the game wouldn't even open &Give me the error message after I did that..

Well... don't feel bad, I played for an hour, then tried to buy the game, got an error that it couldn't activate the game, but it took away a game credit anyway. How I've got a game I paid for and can't run. I'm awaiting a response from tech support on this.

nelshy
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by nelshy on Mar 29, 11 10:50 AM
My problenm was that when I clicked play the screen went black for a couple of seconds, and then the game manager came up said thank you for playing the game. Do you want to play again? 60 seconds play left. so click play and the same thing happens. very disappointed.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 29, 11 1:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that a new build has been released for this game which fixes the issue where some anti-virus programs were incorrectly flagging the game.

If you'd like to have the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall your game. For any further help, feel free to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Zazee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Zazee on Mar 29, 11 3:43 PM
The game won't launch. Only got "play again" option, even with the update version.

Poixe
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Poixe on Mar 29, 11 9:38 PM
Update doesn't work fo me either. QQ

torns
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by torns on Mar 30, 11 1:21 AM
Doesn't work for me either still get the RGSS not working msg. NOT happy and it is not my system as i can play other rgss games. Fix this bug already

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Mar 30, 11 6:11 AM
Tried all fixes and just uninstalled and reinstalled the "new build"...............
Still the same problem.

gjift
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by gjift on Mar 30, 11 9:09 AM
I would like to play this game but I get continue to get the RGSS problem even with the new version. I am on Windows7 and don't have problems with any other games. Tried all the suggestions. Help!

[Post New]by reebeerocks on Mar 30, 11 8:11 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that a <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151677.page#2945625">new build</a> has been released for this game which fixes the issue where some anti-virus programs were incorrectly flagging the game.

If you'd like to have the latest version, please <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game. For any further help, feel free to get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link). Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Tried it. The same message appears.

Fay32
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Fay32 on Apr 1, 11 4:09 AM
Same problem here with original download AND the new update. Tried solutions and still not working at all. Hopefully can be fixed soon as it does look like a fun game.

Go to: