Re:Welcome to Jewel Quest II forum

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Sep 15, 10 9:44 AM
I am having trouble with level 5-10, all the board is cleared and gold and then all I can do is let the time run out and lose a life, I don't understand what this level needs to complete, and this is not the only level I've had trouble with.
Obviously this game needs to be improved. I would like to know when a fixed version is availible to re download to be able to play correctly. Otherwise I like this game, but you should get stuck on levels like this.

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Sep 15, 10 11:07 AM
Now I found what the level 5-10 requires, which is: facing your screen it wants the legs on the left gold but clear of jewels.

Now on next levels you get a nasty grinning monkey face, you want to drop them off the bottom, if you can. If you match 3 of them, it likely will clear the squares and you will need to make them gold again; all the while trying to get coins for the special move. It doesn't do any good to get more than 99 special moves as nothing over 99 will be added. The monkeys are hysterical. What fun!

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Sep 15, 10 4:08 PM
I I got all the way thru the game level 5-10, score of 1, 516,685, and 60 special moves remaining. Good game, but I will download the newer version.

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Sep 16, 10 5:55 PM
downloaded the newer version on 9/14, now when I don't finish a level it asked whether I want to lose a life to advance or do the level over, whichever I select it pauses forever. The only way I can restart the game is to close it and re enter. I had better luck with the first version I had.

[Post New]by designergal101 on Sep 26, 10 5:59 AM
The game is really fun, but it's nearly impossible to open and when it does it crashes or freezes. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work and BF hasn't been helpful, nor did they give me a refund of my game credit.

I thought it was a problem with my computer until I read all the posts on here. It would be great if BF would address the problem so that a reinstall would actually fix the problem.

[Post New]by Earth_Goddess on Oct 1, 10 1:56 AM
mine crashes when playing in online mode ,which was the reason i bought it in the first place . i have tried to do the run in xp mode and it wont work at all when i do that.I am very dissappointed and i think we should all get a free credit for the issues we have had with this.

[Post New]by jazzyfootball on Nov 15, 10 9:02 AM
A couple of days ago I downloaded an updated version of this game, but it's not as much fun as it was, I like the older version better, how can I get it back? Also agree this is a slow game, seems even slower in the newer version.

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by fifi949 on Nov 15, 10 9:55 PM
when the pictures says paused just click on the menu button in in the lower right hand site, there you click on continue and here we go

fifi949
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Back to Afrika

[Post New]by fifi949 on Nov 15, 10 10:07 PM
can some one please tell me how to finish the bonus level after 5/11? It starts with my remaining lives but only 1 bonus life, I made it to 1,2 level just up 19 life and that's it, I can't start a new game without uninstalling

Edited on 11/16/2010 at 1:16:51 AM PST

Emmie1956
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emmie1956 on Jan 17, 11 10:44 AM
I would've thought that BF had this piece of JUNK fixed before offering it as a DD. This issue disappoints me as Big Fish has been very responsive to these issues in the past.

[Post New]by Lukefisk on Aug 29, 11 6:35 PM
I have had this game for about a year. I installed it on a new Windows 7 computer, but I had to go into games I had purchased at Big Fish and get it that way. It kicks me out every time I use all the lives. I just started playing online tournament and it randomly shuts down on that part of the game. Not when I am playing but at start up or if I select play again. I have beaten the game a couple times in regular play. I too wish they would fix it.

[Post New]by DobJas on Sep 1, 11 12:10 PM
I've been playing Jewel Quest II at level 3-7 for about a month on a fairly continuous basis but I can't complete it.

Is there some trick to get passed this level???

Thank you for any replies.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 1, 11 4:30 PM
DobJas wrote:I've been playing Jewel Quest II at level 3-7 for about a month on a fairly continuous basis but I can't complete it.

Is there some trick to get passed this level???

Thank you for any replies.

Welcome to the pond, DobJas

My guess is that you're missing spaces in the corners or hard to reach spots or that you need to clear buried jewels (the ones that have rocks or pieces of rocks obscuring them). Pressing the left Ctrl key makes the jewels go away so you can see the spaces you still need to get more easily. If a jewel is completely buried where it looks like a rock, it's a guessing game of putting various pairs of jewels next to it until they match the jewel hidden beneath the rock, then you have to match it again to clear all the rock bits, and then match a third time to clear it. You can also use your special moves to uncover buried jewels. Good luck!

[Post New]by Jetster4 on Sep 3, 11 5:09 AM
I'm stuck on the advanced level 3-6. It's impossible!! Can someone PLEASE give me some tips for completing this level. Thanks heaps!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 3, 11 8:32 AM
Welcome to the pond, Jetster4

I think there are 5 rounds through the map and I'm not sure which iteration you're on, but in addition to the tips I posted to DobJas' post earlier you need to make sure all the spaces are gold (one iteration has silver spaces as intermediates), and check all the spots in the corners and around holes for buried jewels to uncover. If you're on the iteration with monkeys either drop the monkeys off the bottom or M3 them to get them out of the way and make sure you go back and redo the lost gold spaces. Hoarding special moves gets more and more important as you progress through the game, so collect all the gold coins you can and try to resist the urge to use specials except for really tight spots on the board. Good luck!

P.S.--If you are referring to the bonus round that comes after you finish all 5 map iterations, I haven't figured out how to do all of those boards myself as they really do appear to be mostly unsolvable.

[Post New]by Bigjen06 on Oct 22, 11 12:43 PM
i love this game but the extra bonus level's are difficult. but in order to play jewel quest three youu have to unlock special codes but i'm not giving up bring it on

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Oct 22, 11 12:59 PM
Don't forget, luck of the draw it part of the game, too.

Welcome to the pond, bigjen.

[Post New]by robinson34 on Jan 15, 12 7:22 AM
I'm at the super hard level 2-3. If anyone could help me get through this.I'm so stuck on this board. I just can't figure it out.Thank you.

[Post New]by robinson34 on Jan 16, 12 12:00 PM
robinson34 wrote:I'm at the super hard level 2-3. If anyone could help me get through this.I'm so stuck on this board. I just can't figure it out.Thank you.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 30, 12 4:59 PM
Welcome to the pond, robinson34

A few other fishies have posted that they're also stuck in various parts of the bonus round. Unfortunately I don't have any tips for you except keep trying. These bonus boards are, IMO, pretty well near impossible and you may have gotten farther than I did!

Go to: