Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 25, 11 7:27 AM
I bought this game when the CE was released. It has to be one of my top 10 games. I won't re-review but I will say that it lasted me a long time

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 7:28:03 AM PST

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Mar 25, 11 7:34 AM
I realy like this game its not too dark. I get a little tired of all the murderous ones. I think it makes more sense to have parts of an object you are going to use rather than a junk pile of often inapropriate objects (e.g.baseballs in an enchanted wood! why is there always a baseball or catchers mitt? Not everyone in the world is into US sports). Anyway rant over! A great game and I bought it1)

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 25, 11 9:04 AM
CasualGran wrote:@Luckyloket
Why should you have to wait for my comment to be first??? There's absolutely no reason

LOL! No reason - you're just usually first to post

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Mar 25, 11 11:20 AM
Hi to all, THIS is one of my all time favourite games. I bought the CE and just wanted to let other fishies know that it is a stunning game. great length, graphics, story, music, Oh it just has everything for me. Even had to skip some of the puzzles which I enjoy the most. go ahead and buy this game. You wont be dissapointed

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 25, 11 12:56 PM
I played the demo and jumped to buy it! I found the change from lists to be refreshing, although I had to use the hints more than I liked. I just don't see details as well I use too. Definitely worth the money! Good work BF!!

pkpurs
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pkpurs on Mar 25, 11 1:17 PM
Hasn't this been up before? Why is BF rerunning this game?

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Mar 25, 11 1:43 PM
I am so happy that BFG has released this as a regular game. I have been waiting ever since I played the CE last month. I snapped this up as soon as I saw the offering. I find this a wonderful game all around. The graphics are outstanding, the music is soothing and the linear storyline is super. I have gone all the way through Chapter 5 and now a little stuck. I will wait until the walkthrough is available to continue. I agree that if you don't like the FROG type of game this may not be for you. Personally, I have found it to be a good example of that type of game format. All in all, this is a keeper. THANK YOU! Are there any other fishies doing the happy dance?

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Mar 25, 11 7:16 PM
I'm doing the happy dance - definitely one of my favorite games!!! I bought the CE a few weeks ago (just after midnight on the 1st, for PC credit) because I could NOT wait for the SE to come out. No regrets whatsoever.

Just a beautiful game...can't say it enough. I will buy anything else they put out in this series.

katbeth01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by katbeth01 on Mar 25, 11 7:21 PM
I loved this game. It was alot of fun and I always like the games that let you move around freely.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 7:23:00 PM PST

[Post New]by 1MrsKY1 on Mar 25, 11 7:33 PM
Lurker here actually making a comment --- uhho --- This game was GREAT!!! It kept me playing all day. My first day of 'vacation' and I spent it on this game, it was that good!!!! This is by far one of the best released lately from BF. Keep em coming like that -- GREAT plays, please BF if you want to have eh to ew HOG's please put them in a different category. Sure would help :-)

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 25, 11 8:16 PM
1MrsKY1 wrote:Lurker here actually making a comment --- uhho --- This game was GREAT!!! It kept me playing all day. My first day of 'vacation' and I spent it on this game, it was that good!!!! This is by far one of the best released lately from BF. Keep em coming like that -- GREAT plays, please BF if you want to have eh to ew HOG's please put them in a different category. Sure would help :-)

Welcome to the pond!!

What are eh to ew HOG's??

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 25, 11 8:43 PM
mamacarole629 wrote:What a nice way to start the day. I have been waiting for this game. I don't usually like frog games because the items are too small; however, this one is great. The items are large enough to see but well hidden. Now, if they would just release the SE on Maestro, that would make me a really happy camper. Graphics are great, I like clicking on the frogs to make them jump around just for kicks. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Don't forget to poke the crows!

Nolaj
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Nolaj on Mar 25, 11 10:34 PM
I have the CE of this and it is one of my favorite games. It is sooooooo beautiful that just the scenes are worth the game. My sister lives in Mass and me in Ca, so we played it together on the phone. Great fun.

Enjoy a wonderful game.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 26, 11 2:26 AM
You've got yourself another good one BF! This was a great game , I think I played the CE previously. Graphics and music were good. I had no problem finding my way through. The hour went by fast. I would rate this an "8" out of 10.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re: Fabulous!

[Post New]by kpajak on Mar 26, 11 3:10 AM
This is a great game, yes the pieces are a bit small, but not a problem.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Mar 26, 11 7:22 AM
I saw the graphics of the game - (I liKe frogs, in real life) So I started it down loading while I came here to see what I was in for ( and I means that just the way it sounds, lol) I don't do well with HOG's - I get stuck in rooms with no way out. Standing there like a fool, glad this is a game and that there aren't any real people watching me, waiting for me to do something, ANYTHING!
But I read that you all love the game - So here I go! - I'll get back to all the gamers like me who may like the "list" typed of HOG's better, and crosses that show you where to go next. With a great big "HINT" button!

(P.S. If I go in and run and around in circles, and can't find any frogs or crows to click on - I'll be honest and tell you that too [well maybe!] )

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 26, 11 9:22 AM
Heaven, a froggy FROG !! I usually only buy 1 game a month(very restrained aren't I ?)lol,using my game credit,so why BF did you do this to me,can't wait for the 3rd of April will have to buy now.

[Post New]by starshine92001 on Mar 26, 11 9:46 AM
I really like this one. A definite buy for me. I played the CE trial when it came out and replayed the trial for this version two. Object scenes are different but that is kind of nice. And it doesn't take me forever to get through them though some items are a challenge to find. Beautiful scenes, and I am interested in the storyline. I like this one!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 26, 11 10:32 AM
Played the demo last night and quickly bought the game. I have been playing on and off since then, taking my time to enjoy the scenery. I do not usually like frogs or FROGS but I enjoyed the first game in this series - Dark Parables: Briar Rose- and I am dealing with the FROG scenes in this one. It is also fun to click on the little frogs that pop in and out of scenes, when you click on them they either croak or hop away. Also LOVE finding the morphing objects, such fun! This seems to be a little darker story than Briar Rose, but very interesting so far. The scenery - particularly the opening screen, and then the Swan Lake cottage and lake - is really beautiful. Good game, and I am so happy that BFG is having a sale!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 26, 11 12:08 PM
hippyfishie wrote:AngelFish said:

I already have the CE of this game but am tempted to d/l the SE just to admire the stunningly beautiful graphics!

Any chance you got this sentence backwards? If you have the CE why would you want to download the SE?

I simply meant that it's such a beautiful game to look at it was almost worth having again just to admire it twice as much!! It wasn't really meant to be taken quite so seriously :-)

I didn't d/l it again, btw!

Go to: