bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Slot Quest: The Vampire Lord technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 25, 11 11:05 AM
Hello folks,

It sounds like many of you are having troubles with a freezing/crashing game and it would really help if you could please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can look further into why this might be happening.

Thank you for your time and patience!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by maxandme1944 on Mar 25, 11 11:11 AM
everyone, please report to customer support. They don't seem to "get" that there is a problem with the purchased game. They explained the 99% of gamers were not having a problem. Report the same issues we have all been having so they know it is the game issue and not us.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 25, 11 12:28 PM
Thanks bfgArnoStyx for checking in here. Yes, I think we've got a problem here, Houston! The demo went off without a hitch--decided to purchase the whole thing! Now, at the first slot machine screen, after the first bet, I've got a black screen with an error message, and I'm kicked back to the desktop. Why would the demo run OK, but when we give up $ or a credit, the game poops out? Answer, please!

BTW, I HAVE used the little green envelope, and I urge everyone who's having problems to do the same!

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 12:29:57 PM PST

patmosby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by patmosby on Mar 25, 11 12:30 PM
Played the demo without any problem. Purchased game with large download, which included a few xtra software downloads. Now I cannot play as it opens, and after I click on 2nd challenge, it closes with message that Microsoft is expieriencing problems. This is definately not funny. !!!!

[Post New]by BancForce on Mar 25, 11 12:35 PM
Trail version worked fine. Purchased version will not work. I get main screen but when I hit play, nothing happens. Update: Now I can't even get to the main screen, get an error indicating another game is running. I wasn't able to access any of my other games so I uninstalled Slot Quest...thankfully my other games worked again. I hope they can figure out why installing the paid game with those add on's (are they even needed to play?) was like the kiss of death.

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 5:05:03 PM PST

[Post New]by rustybearbandit on Mar 25, 11 1:10 PM
I downloaded the trial version and it seemed like a pretty good game so I purchased it this morning and downloaded the full version.
It won't work!!
I have spent 3 hours updating, making compatable with windows vista, and trying every other "fix" suggested in the forum.
I open the game, click on play, then as soon as I click on "max bet" I get knocked off with a message that the game has stopped working.
Very frustrating to have the game work in trial but not when purchased!!!
I will be checking back from time to time to see if Big Fish has an updated download with this problem really fixed!

[Post New]by pattythequilter on Mar 25, 11 1:21 PM
Same as Catrin72: The trial went great.
Had the little box and that was weird and the color change to basic but no problems with playing the game.
I haven't previously liked any slots games but this one was way cool.
So I bought it.
And downloaded the huge file.

And then the game opened and took me to the first slot machine and I click 'max bet' and the game freezes.

then I tried again and the game doesn't even open.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still nothing.
Did an update on the system. Still nothing.

Will be contacting CS but a little frustrated that DLing the full version caused it to break...

PP

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 25, 11 1:33 PM
Really wanted to play this. Got a very small box that was named Launcher. Waited a long time and nothing happened. Expanded the box to fill the screen. Very blurry and still nothing happened.
X'ed out of the box. Went back to Game Manager who nayed I still had 60 minutes to play.
Clearly does not work on my PC. But at least I learned before buying it.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Mar 25, 11 2:39 PM
This is obviously a game problem. CS is working on it. Doing the Dr. Felix thing will help them help the producers (Phantom EFX) figure out the problem and get the fix. I own a LOT of Phantom EFX slots and for some reason most of them have problems when they first come out, but they are good about getting patches out for their games...I only wish they would fix them BEFORE they release them. With all of us waiting (I'm pretty sure this is the first time they've put one out to a place like BF), I'm hoping they will have the fix out for this tout suite! (really quickly).

Waiting....trying to be patient........

PeteGarf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by PeteGarf on Mar 25, 11 2:42 PM
Refund, please? 1 spin and crash. I have tried reloading, so don't know what else to do. This is after 4 consecutive launches through big fish games. Looked like it might be fun if someone would fix whatever it is. Thanks.

[Post New]by STEPPINHIGH on Mar 25, 11 3:13 PM
Same as everyone else!!!! Played demo worked fine, purchased with my credit and left with a dark screen I really loved this game or else I would not have purchased it!!! I have been a member for 3 or 4+ years and I have never been this frustrated Please fix this game or return my credit

[Post New]by mjohnson1116 on Mar 25, 11 3:18 PM
Spoke with Customer Service, they are aware the game won't play and are fixing it. Will notify everyone on Game Manager when fix can be downloaded.

[Post New]by 1katiescarlett on Mar 25, 11 3:28 PM
I had the same problems. Go to CS and live chat. They are aware there is a problem and are working on it. In the meantime get a credit for a different game. I look forward to the fix.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Mar 25, 11 3:28 PM
mjohnson1116 wrote:Spoke with Customer Service, they are aware the game won't play and are fixing it. Will notify everyone on Game Manager when fix can be downloaded.

Thank you for that information! I'm experiencing the same problem, so I said 'ahhh' for Dr. Felix!

[Post New]by rknapp1957 on Mar 25, 11 4:54 PM
scpotamus wrote:Mine worked fine on demo. Bought the game and it works fine until I start playing the challenge from the first machine after the first two challenges on the second machine. as soon as I start it, the game closes and it says that it has stopped working. HELP! I love this game!

Having the same problem as you! Have updated everything that is recommended on the link "game frequently crashes"! Please help!

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 25, 11 5:05 PM
Hey folks!

As bfgArnoStyx mentioned, if you're having any issues with the game after purchasing it please get in touch with Customer Support so that they can help you out.

Until we can resolve the issues customers are seeing after purchasing the game, we've removed the option to buy it at this time.

Please keep checking back as we'll post in this thread and sticky an update thread if an update becomes available.

-bfgOkeechobee

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Mar 25, 11 5:28 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I just tried the game and went to buy when I was told It didn't exist! LOL I was mighty confused for a few there. I hope it gets fixed soon, I'd like to buy it.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Mar 25, 11 5:52 PM
I purchased this game without trying the demo cos it was on sale for 4.99. But as soon as I get to the first slot machine it crashes. What do I do now? It seems like a great game but I may not be able to find out if it keeps crashing. During the install it wanted to install all these other programs also, I guess there supposed to get the game to run. Didn't work

[Post New]by skipdavid on Mar 25, 11 5:54 PM
You think you haveing problems now you need to check out phantomefx games!
ive been with them years and always some kind of problems!
im not a happy camper!
i also want all the money i spent bk in like 4 to 6 years of stuck games , games not working, crashes , chalanges that were put in the game a year ago and still does not work. i love big fish games but now i got to watch what im buying here i think efx dont do it lol!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by nuttyplayer53 on Mar 25, 11 6:11 PM
I am having the same problems too ! Frustrating I really enjoy this game but keep getting booted off too!Will keep it for a while hoping they can fix whatever the problem is,if not will put in a request for a refund.

Go to: