sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for The Revenge game?

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 9:11 PM
jmckoy987 wrote:Okay I'm where the witch is, and in the 3rd painting. I'm having issues finding where the pin from the book goes onto the painting. Could use some help there. Please and thank you.

Did you read the thread titled "The Revenge Fishy-Fed WALKTHROUGH"? THat is the walkthrough for the game, and that is where your answer is, in the post for Chapter 8.

[Post New]by jmckoy987 on Mar 26, 11 9:20 PM
sinshack wrote:
jmckoy987 wrote:Okay I'm where the witch is, and in the 3rd painting. I'm having issues finding where the pin from the book goes onto the painting. Could use some help there. Please and thank you.

Did you read the thread titled "The Revenge Fishy-Fed WALKTHROUGH"? THat is the walkthrough for the game, and that is where your answer is, in the post for Chapter 8.

Yes I did, and sadly I could only see chaper three partial of it from my end of viewing. I couldn't find anywhere else to read. I don't know if it's just on my end of things or what.

[Post New]by jmckoy987 on Mar 26, 11 9:22 PM
Okay now it's showing but before it didn't show any of the other chapters on my internet. Weird.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 9:31 PM
In The Revenge Fishy-Fed WALKTHROUGH the posts are huge, most of them were at the maximum allowed (that's why some chapters take more than one post). THey can take a long time to load, even using high speed internet, so sometimes your connection might pause for a long time before completing the whole page. That's why it might look ike some of the chapters are missing.

If it pauses for two long, just hit the refresh button and it should finish loading.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 26, 11 10:55 PM
Sinshack did such a great job with the walkthrough. I am guessing that BF didn't waste the time on making a walkthrough because the game was so glitchy. But if a game ever did need a walkthrough, this one was it! The game could have used a lot of tweaking----big time. Not to mention, a spell check. It didn't really bother me most of the game, until I hit a big glitch in Chapter 7. And I may or may not be able to continue. And I'm certainly not going to start all over again. I did enjoy (for the most part) what I played.

tbag1908
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tbag1908 on Mar 27, 11 7:23 AM
Did anyone else (apart from me) have bother downloading this game, well actually it downloaded ok pressed "play now ", a little black box came on to screen then the whole screen just kept of flashing and game didnt actually start, tried switching off laptop and starting again, have now binned game, is it worth my while downloading and trying again.???

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 7:35 AM
tbag1908 wrote:Did anyone else (apart from me) have bother downloading this game, well actually it downloaded ok pressed "play now ", a little black box came on to screen then the whole screen just kept of flashing and game didnt actually start, tried switching off laptop and starting again, have now binned game, is it worth my while downloading and trying again.???

tbag, you'll get better results if you post this in the right thread - this one was started to ask whether a walkthrough was availble for the game (there is, at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151030.page ) and was hijacked (went off-topic) with gamers asking for help playing the game.

The place you want to put your post is the thread titled "Post any The Revenge technical issues here only." That is where the techs look for problems. To actually get help, though, you need to click the green envelope in the right column.

And yes, many of us did download the game, and most of us had minor glitches but not as bad as you seem to be having. It's worth trying again - the game is great despite the glitches.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 7:35:30 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 7:48 AM
RaceCat3 wrote:Sinshack did such a great job with the walkthrough. I am guessing that BF didn't waste the time on making a walkthrough because the game was so glitchy. But if a game ever did need a walkthrough, this one was it! .............

Actually, RaceCat3, you hit the nail on the head. I PM'd MargieB to find out if there would be a WT, and she said that they decided the game didn't need it, and that most of the problems with the game were happening because of the glitches!

In a way, it turned out she was right. After playing the game several times because I got stuck (playing it to write the WT was my 4th time) I realized that doing things out of order seems to be CAUSING a lot of the glitches. The problem is that without a WT we didn't KNOW we were doing things out of order.

An example is the glitch a lot of gamers ran into when the put the ingredients into the cauldron while it was still in the forest, instead of picking up the caudron, moving it to the fire in the other scene, THEN putting in the ingredients.

The main problem that I see is that the game ALLOWS you to do things out of order, then it doesn't seem to be able to handle it, so it triggers a glitch.

I got a response from Customer Support, and she said that we might be able to solve the problem by running the game as an Administrator, and she gave me instructions how to do that. I'm really not comfortable with that solution, however. The game should be able to handle it on its own, without me changing the settings on my computer and maybe screwing up something else, something more important than a game.

Gee, I was trying to figure out how to respond to Customer Support - I think I'll just cut and paste this into my reply!

RaceCat3, you won't regret it if you replay the game. Even though I played it so many times in just a couple of days, I had almost as much fun the 4th time as I did the first. Wait a week or two, then try again.

[Post New]by sakemidnight on Mar 27, 11 1:31 PM
help. can't find the pulley to drain the pool and can't click on the last hidden object it's so small it just won't click - an all I need is my last crystal to have all six - man I'm stuck, stuck bad

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 4:42 PM
sakemidnight wrote:help. can't find the pulley to drain the pool and can't click on the last hidden object it's so small it just won't click - an all I need is my last crystal to have all six - man I'm stuck, stuck bad

Try the walkthrough at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151030.page. This thread is for comments on whether or not the game should have a walkthrough.

[Post New]by anniepoo47 on Mar 28, 11 5:32 AM
help i cant find the gears for the elevator

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 28, 11 7:55 AM
anniepoo47 wrote:help i cant find the gears for the elevator

Try the walkthrough at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151030.page. This thread is for comments on whether or not the game should have a walkthrough.

And welcome to the pond! It's great to see so many first-time posters this week!

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 7:56:38 AM PST

[Post New]by faithtemple on Mar 28, 11 5:22 PM
where do that blue tube go in the frist scene

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 5:22:31 PM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 28, 11 5:42 PM
First---again, yes it needs a walkthrough! Luckily--we have sinshack isntead!

OK, now, off topic-- sin, I may just take you up on trying to play this thing from the beginning again. BUT, like you said, I'll wait awhile. You will know, sinshack, because you will hear my blood curdling screams!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 28, 11 5:51 PM
RaceCat3 wrote:First---again, yes it needs a walkthrough! Luckily--we have sinshack isntead!

OK, now, off topic-- sin, I may just take you up on trying to play this thing from the beginning again. BUT, like you said, I'll wait awhile. You will know, sinshack, because you will hear my blood curdling screams!

I'll be listening for it

[Post New]by allwoman453 on Mar 28, 11 6:38 PM
I am stuck in the graveyard --- I have completed the sword except for the gem - I got the iron ball and smashed the statue - but now I am stuck

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 28, 11 7:27 PM
allwoman453 wrote:I am stuck in the graveyard --- I have completed the sword except for the gem - I got the iron ball and smashed the statue - but now I am stuck

Welcome to the pond, allwoman453!

Try the walkthrough at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151030.page. This thread is for comments on whether or not the game should have a walkthrough. The walkthrough covers the entire game, so you should find your answer there.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 29, 11 2:04 AM
On topic: YES , this game definitely needed a walk through!

Now, off topic : Sinshack , I really liked this game and wanted to finish it and find out how it ended in the worst way ! I don't think I would have made it without your W/T! I got so annoyed with the glitches and having to exit and re-enter the game just to get the H/O scenes to work I had little patience or brain left over to try and figure out what to do or where to go next . Thanks for sacrificing your playing time to help out your fellow Fishies! to you . I managed to finish the game and enjoyed it despite all the problems. I hope these Devs can get their stuff together and put out more games of this caliber, BUT, WITHOUT ALL THE GLITCHES!!. Sorry to all the Fishies who get upset when someone getting off topic . Thank you Sinshack= , for helping this Fishy find a happy ending with this game!

[Post New]by mystorm on Mar 29, 11 10:45 AM
How do you smash the statue with the ball? It won't go near any statue or drop.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 29, 11 1:11 PM
mystorm wrote:How do you smash the statue with the ball? It won't go near any statue or drop.

Welcome to the pond, mystorm!

Try the walkthrough at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/151030.page. This thread is for comments on whether or not the game should have a walkthrough. The walkthrough covers the entire game, so you should find your answer there. It will be in the post "Chapter 2"

Go to: