seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Maestro: Music of Death

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 26, 11 5:55 PM
Always over-click when I see a rat in a scene(major phobia) which is how I found out the cursor breaks up into notes:cute,and the sparkles are notes too I could buy it just for those reasons.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Mar 26, 11 6:21 PM
Calicohorse wrote:Does anyone else find the detective in "Maestro" a little lightweight, mayhaps even a tad foppish? He needs a broom to sweep away a few not-even-wet leaves, doesn't want to get a few drops of wine on his clothes and don't get him started on the cobwebs! Good God, Man, there's people aging and dying overnight all around you, not to mention a little girl and Mom who need saving...do you think the situation might call for getting your hands a little dirty?!? Sheesh...

I'm about 1/3 or half way (?) through the non-CE version and enjoying it just fine. After playing the trial, I decided to play in "expert" mode, which I don't normally select. It's still a little too "easy". I don't like things to be too obvious, preferring to puzzle things out more. I don't like to race through. It's well worth a game credit though; well worth it!

Maybe the detective is a wimpy woman.

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 6:22:33 PM PST

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 26, 11 9:05 PM
The graphics of this game a great! I like the combination of adventure and hidden objeccts. This is a hidden object-adventure game with a good storyline. If you're with me,liking these types of game, I think that you will like this game. The puzzles are not difficult and don't take away from the storyline. .

This is a buy for me. With this weekends $4.99 sale, it's better than a good deal!

out of 5. Enjoy!

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 9:08:02 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 26, 11 9:08 PM
Did a beta on this ages ago and posted a review on
page 43 of the "sneak peak" thread. Was very
tempted when the CE came out, but just couldn't
do it then. So, overjoyed to get it today and
at SALE price. What a bargain. I love it and
IMHO there are not too many H0 scenes for a
Hidden Object game.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 26, 11 10:06 PM
Rachieroos wrote:I have the CE of this and it is a brilliant game, I really enjoyed it and will be playing again at some point I am sure. As with all ERS games, it is good quality and a fun game. I like a lot of H.O scenes myself so this is perfect for me.

Would def. recommend to anyone, especially with the "(removed by moderator)" sale this weekend when you can grab it for $4.99

Evidently it is a (removed by moderator) Sale! I didn't see any specials on the "home page" I kinda thought there would be one for St. Patty's day but none there either. what in the world am I missing??!! HELP

Lean

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:28:08 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 27, 11 7:28 AM
Now that I've finally found a pseudo-fix for my "ERS game lag problems", I'm loving this game.

Beautifully detailed graphics, really stellar. No one beats ERS when it comes to sheer beauty of scenes, imo.

I'm playing "expert" mode and it's still quite easy, but not mind-numbingly so. There's a lot of remembering where to go to use inventory items, which I like because it massages the brain cells. Quite a bit of to and fro-ing but in ERS games you rarely have to go all the way back to the beginning so it's not too much. I personally love having to go everywhere (including back tothe beginning) to find newly-opened up H0 scenes, so to'ing and fro'ing is something I like.

Not too many or too few H0 scenes. They are fairly easy and you do revisit the same H0 scenes more than once but different objects the second time.

I have the music off as usual when I play (repetitive music gets on my nerves) so can't comment.

The story is rather lame but I don't much care about the story in games. I'm in it for the gameplay and the graphics.

It's been fairly long so far, and just when you think you might be nearing the end another area opens up, which is always welcome. I've been playing 3-4 hours I think (including demo time) and I"m not done yet, taking my time, never use walkthrough, do all the puzzles, and rarely use hints in H0 scenes (but I have used a few).

In summary, a typical ERS game--gorgeous graphics, easy gameplay, light on story, good length. Definitely worth owning and replaying.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Mar 27, 11 11:19 AM
Hi fishies,

Just wanted to let you all know that I've removed the coupon code for this weekend's sale from all posts in this thread. As this sale is for newsletter subscribers, we ask that users not re-post the code in the forums but feel free to share the code via PM.

-bfgOkeechobee

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 27, 11 12:39 PM
Because I purchased way too many CE's as of late, I decided to wait for this one to arrive as a SE, and I'm glad I did. The graphics are beautiful as usual, and the story line fine. Much interactive things to do. The only downside, as usual... way to easy (expert mode), but I still enjoy it. Took several attempts to download it successfully, but aside from that, pretty smooth game play. And...

My reply to this:

Calicohorse wrote:
Does anyone else find the detective in "Maestro" a little lightweight, mayhaps even a tad foppish? He needs a broom to sweep away a few not-even-wet leaves, doesn't want to get a few drops of wine on his clothes and don't get him started on the cobwebs! Good God, Man, there's people aging and dying overnight all around you, not to mention a little girl and Mom who need saving...do you think the situation might call for getting your hands a little dirty?!? Sheesh.

Reminds me a little of some whiners on game forums (not you), who argue about stupid things, while all around the globe, people in real life are suffering, dying, etc., while we have the luxury of sitting and playing games. I'm thankful for that, but my mind and prayers, and help where and when I can, goes out to all those less fortunate.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:52:29 PM PST

[Post New]by klawhorne on Mar 27, 11 12:51 PM
LOVE this game, would love more like it!! Keep making this type of game!!!!

xedster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by xedster on Mar 27, 11 3:46 PM
This game was excellent and interesting to play. The graphics are absolutely beautiful. If there's any criticism at all it is that there are far two many lock puzzles and hidden object scenes as others have already commented on. Otherwise, the game moved along at a good pace but still kept me intrigued. My compliments to the game designers. Good job!

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 27, 11 7:04 PM
I loved it! The graphics were wonderful, the story line good and it was just plain FUN to play this weekend! What a good game, I suppose from the ending there might just be a sequel???

Deb

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Mar 27, 11 10:41 PM
it was going good for a few minutes i was almost gonna buy it but then it stopped after lagging for awhile
i really liked the game tho for a few minutes i guesss i need a bigger and better graphic card ?

[Post New]by LksLady on Mar 28, 11 2:19 AM
I had downloaded the Collectors version not knowing there was a regular one without the strategy guide...was going to purchase and couldn't get a deal. Bummer.
Then I noticed the regular one...bought it! Love it! Since there is a Walk Through in forums talk....I can save some ducets (money) and use that. More inconvient but it makes me work harder. Have gotten stuck only twice thus far and I think I'm near the end of game.
I agree with some of the other postings, in that this is a good product but apparently the company that produces the game tends to go to the "Dark Side" with their themes. I love **** games, keeps my memory sharp (well maybe not sharp, at least the games keeps it working...lol) but the darker lighting is not easy on the old eyes. And yes, I'm a certified senior person and Maxine is my IDOL.
Now if only I figure out how to fix "Yard Sale Treasures...Sunnyville", I'd be a number one "happy camper".

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Mar 28, 11 5:59 AM
finished game, it took several seconds between scenes, but otherwise pretty good. couldnt get to play extra content because i didnt buy CE. the CE kept downloading and installing over and over again. too bad.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 28, 11 10:09 AM
This is really a good ihog - great graphic, great gameplay and a buy for me

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on Mar 28, 11 10:58 PM
i loved the game!!
and now that i hear about the code for a sale, i may have to read all the newsletters. i stoped becuae i was coming to the site everyday anyway.
i too am getting bored with hidden object games, and i'm liking the mystery/puzzle games more.
i agree the detective was lame, especailly needing a broom for leaves. i could think of many creative uses for that crowbar, but no, you need just the right tool.
i loved the music, being a classical fan, and will play again just for the soundtrack.
the hidden object scene were too easy, the puzzles were great and too complex, over all i loved the game.
they are a bit the same, though. but then we like them, they're selling, why change?
maybe less hidden object, more puzzles, or artsy scenery.

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 29, 11 4:00 AM
Got this today with 1 of 2 punch card credits.

It looks like a good game, have my fingers crossed... I will let you know.

ms_mamiller
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by ms_mamiller on Mar 29, 11 5:20 AM
First Impressions?!

LOVE IT!

I Graphics, Gorgeous!
I Sound, Subtle, Beautiful, Fitting!
I the Storyline, so far... unknown?!
I Difficulty, HOG, Medium, Perfect, so far... unknown?!
I wonder about the length... unknown.

Great first impression in my top 5 essentials!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Mar 30, 11 11:55 PM
I love this game as I love all ERS games but Im starting to see that they are all the alike with the darkness and creepy factor. I don't mind games like that but even the music is the same throughout each of them. I just bought Haunted Legends queen of spades n I feel like this one is nearly the same but just has to do with music. I am not trying to always complain about the games I buy but Im starting to get bored with the same concept over n over n over. I want a game that just WOWS me n it seems like its harder than ever to do that now. I want something new and exciting and it seems like I might need to take a break on the ERS games for awhile.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 12:05:36 AM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Mar 31, 11 10:21 AM
Beautifully done game and not too much wrong with it except that it's way to easy and the storyline really gets absurb at the end. Fishies experienced with Adventure Hogs will not find this at all challenging. Try playing it on Expert Mode and it will be a little more difficult. Kept me interested, though and I enjoyed playing it.

Go to: