jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 27, 11 2:27 AM
I love all adventure games...well I did until I played this one. This feels very amaturish to me, very clumsy game play. Played for 10 mins and uninstalled it.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 2:30:37 AM PST

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Mar 27, 11 2:39 AM
CasualGran wrote:The TGT today appears to be an adventure game. But oh boy... what a dull one
The game intro cutscene looks vague and amateurish, the graphics are somber and hazy, and the story doesn't grab me (or anyone???) for a second.

I've tried to be patient and play the demo for a while, but when I came to the first (as it would appear all too easy) minigame, repairing an easle by means of some weird looking gearmachine you had to 'attune' I gave up. Worthless. Wouldn't play it for free.

Goes ditto for me,Gran! It looks very unprofessional. The title should have been an indication. The cut-scene was horrible. The layout and main menu is a mess. It looks like a foreign-made game. I only lasted five minutes...

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 8:53:55 AM PST

[Post New]by onthecoast on Mar 27, 11 3:17 AM
CasualGran wrote: Thank you Sinshack for starting the thread!

I think I understand only too well why BF has been releasing this game today: because of the (removed by moderator) sale.

Not that I'm not appreciating the sale. Of course I do, I even used it yesterday to buy some games I liked and didn't have yet.

But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

Bummer. Don't like this one bit.

SALE-----What sale?? Why did I have to pay full price yesterday? Am I missing something here?

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:34:50 AM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 27, 11 3:28 AM
Well I'm the odd man out then.
I rather liked it. I've already been combining items and using them.
Don't really care for the mini games so far and the graphics aren't very good, but after you get into the game and see how it works, it starts to get fun. For me anyway. You have to be an adventure lover I guess to enjoy it. Need to burn up alot of brain cells .
And with the discount I think I'm going to buy it.

Feb272007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Feb272007 on Mar 27, 11 3:33 AM
This game does not get me going. I don't think I will purchase. I will wait for WT then make my decision. Don't like the lock puzzles. They are not like any I have every tried. Right now this game is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 27, 11 3:37 AM
onthecoast wrote:
CasualGran wrote: Thank you Sinshack for starting the thread!

I think I understand only too well why BF has been releasing this game today: because of the (removed by moderator) sale.

Not that I'm not appreciating the sale. Of course I do, I even used it yesterday to buy some games I liked and didn't have yet.

But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

Bummer. Don't like this one bit.

SALE-----What sale?? Why did I have to pay full price yesterday? Am I missing something here?
When you buy a game you can put the code (removed by moderator) in. This day is the last day.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:36:03 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 27, 11 3:37 AM
So far, I'm not loving it, and I do like adventure games. For me, the music was louder than the voices, which was annoying. I just didn't feel there was any clear direction. It appears that the same mini games are going to come up over and over again, perhaps with minor variations. I'm going to try again later after another cup of coffee, and hope that improves my outlook. I was looking forward to seeing F.A.C.E.S. this morning, though.

Edit: Coffee didn't help.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 6:08:53 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 27, 11 3:40 AM
CasualGran wrote: But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

(
I tought too that it was today for F.A.C.E.S.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Mar 27, 11 3:48 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
CasualGran wrote: But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

(

I got up hoping it would be available today too. Was so wanting to play this game.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 27, 11 3:48 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:

Yup we were told by Mudrock that "F.A.C.E.S" would be out this week and of course being Sunday, the last day of the buying week I thought it would be out too! Another disapppointment! I also think it has to do with the (removed by moderator) sale as well!

I feel like waiting to buy "F.A.C.E.S" until the next sale just to prove a point if they are going to do this to me! ...I mean, they are making ME wait to make more money it would appear!

Thank you everyone for your reviews on today's TGT. Sometimes I like to try a straight adventure game, but I think I'll pass on this one and save some and get caught up on my IHOGs that I haven't even started on yet!

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:38:27 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 27, 11 3:53 AM
prchalpn wrote:Well I'm the odd man out then.
I rather liked it. I've already been combining items and using them.
Don't really care for the mini games so far and the graphics aren't very good, but after you get into the game and see how it works, it starts to get fun. For me anyway. You have to be an adventure lover I guess to enjoy it. Need to burn up alot of brain cells .
And with the discount I think I'm going to buy it.

Me too! I am getting great satisfaction by figuring out how to do things. I managed the mousetrap, by the way, thanks.
Did someone shout that they wanted lunch? What, is that the time already? Oh no! Wish I could get someone to make my lunch for me!
Well, back to this game later.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 27, 11 3:55 AM
Well I like adventure games, but this one didn't 'grab me' from the start, the title should have been my first 'clue'! I didn't like the graphics in this game, they appeared to be grainy, and not too clear (for me anyway). The usual 'hand' to pick things up, right click to open up the inventory. Various options for Music, sound FX, widescreen etc.

I played it for 20 mins, collecting many items as I went along, but haven't a clue what to do with them! I know you have to combine items (as in Return to Mysterious Island) but what can you do with a ruined brush and pear skin?

The Mini games or puzzles are far too repetitive for me and I found them quite frustrating, especially the coloured vials one. And what has aligning 3 wheels got to do with repairing an easel? The lock pick puzzle has me tearing out what little hair I have left. Combine the above with no skip and I'm definitely out of this game.

I also don't like it when I closed the game down, for a pop-up in my task bar to tell me 'Some visual elements were auto-turned off' as the game is incompatible with Vista Aero. I found this one 'not quite to my taste' and will look for something else to spend my 'pennies' on.

After having just played Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker (which I enjoyed immensely) I too was also looking forward to F.A.C.E.S! Hopefully it will be offered next week before the end of the month.

edited to delete a comment and spelling

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 3:59:57 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 27, 11 4:19 AM
I'll give it the hour try, but if you can't skip puzzles I probably won't buy it. That is a major criteria for me. It has to skip puzzles, not have a whole lot of STD, not be horribly hand drawn, don't really care about the music or cursor, since I live with a husband who claims he doesn't mind the music then turns his Nascar race up full blast at the same time. I don't mind adventure games because unless they don't follow logic, I can usually play them, but not without a blog walkthrough. I do get stuck from time to time. Even though I have learned a couple of things over the years.

Walk around and gather as much stuff as the game will allow. Then when your inventory is full find all the places that would not let you do something unless you had something to do it with, and try every inventory item on that place, whether or not it makes sense that it might work, because these games usually don't follow logic. Have a great day!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 27, 11 5:20 AM
I did not like the game @ all, after 5 minutes i am going to delete the game, This is not the kind of game I like..The graphics was ok,to bad the rest of the game was not ok..I am very disappointed, Maybe this is a game for fishes that like adventure game I favor HOG games..

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Mar 27, 11 5:52 AM
I'm a history buff, so this one intrigued me, but I deleted it after about 5 minutes. Like others of you I found the game problematic to load, grainy and dark in visual details, and the puzzles were boring and/or incomprehensible to me -- I seemed to complete rather by luck than skill, and I too don't like not having a skip button. This is a no buy for me.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 27, 11 6:26 AM
Oh boy......
what to say....my graphics were actually pretty good, the music and the voice overs were ok. And that's about all the good stuff I can say.

I really don't like it when I can't skip a mini game. And then to have the same ones repeated over and over is annoying. And like Tamlin55 said, for me it was more of luck and hit and miss than skill to finish them. Furthermore I found them incredibly tedious and the instructions for them were not particularly clear. For example it took me a while to figure out how to get the one with the lock working correctly.

I also didn't care for the fact that you end up with god knows how many things in the inventory and then having to combine them. And the combinations were rather odd and really not intuitive i.e. combine hook, fishing rod and pear skin to make a mouse trap??????? Really????????I'm not the Oracle of Delphi......

Had I been able to skip those bloody mini games and if the combinations were a bit more logical then yes, I might have bought it. But the way this game is right now it's a complete pass for me.
Maybe one day when I really feel like a sucker for punishment

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 27, 11 6:28 AM
Spot-on review as usual, CasualGran! Big disappointment when I saw this instead of FACES as the TGT. But I do like some pure adventure games, so let's give the demo a try. A laborsome load (kinda like the program didn't know quite what to do); the intro was very dark, rather grainy, stop-and-go, and the characters' movements seemed to be done on ice skates. Opening menu is OK, but lacks cursor choice--the game one is a tiny, red arrowhead-shaped thingy that can be tough to spot. The premise--an evil force is out to destroy a painting (albeit a special one)? I just can't grasp it.

I encountered three mini-games during my play time--a lockpick, a paint-mixing chemistry set, and three spinning gears/wheels. Two (the lockpick and the gears) are "by-guess-and-by-golly;" the paint-mixing one is OK. But the big hang-up--no Skip button. Lots of inventory stuff along the way, too--where to use those things? Good question, although some can be combined for some other purpose.

I suspect that this was a last-minute substitute for FACES ("we don't wanna let FACES go for $4.99, do we"?) I'm skipping "Aspectus."

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 27, 11 6:29 AM
I liked adventure games 20 years ago. Not so much today.

carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by carolpin on Mar 27, 11 6:33 AM
I was also under the impression F.A.C.E.S. would be offered this week. Friday night I was thrown the cracker to BETA it. I did go back to Murdocks announcement and reread. Now just anticipating its arrival. Most of you will LOVE this one!

Thanks to everyone for the nicely detailed reviews. I read them all and appreciate all of them. With that said...........Don't think I will bother with this one.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Mar 27, 11 6:48 AM
ONE WORD........HORRIBLE!!! I TRIED MY BEST TO LIKE THIS GAME. IT IS A NO BUY FOR ME. WILL SAVE MY CREDIT'S FOR SOMETHING BETTER. GUESS I'M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO GET THIS GAME. LOVED THE GRAPHIC'S, THO.

Go to: