Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 28, 11 1:33 AM
Mirinah wrote:Whatever happened to the game F.A.C.E.S. that Mudrock promised us last week?

Beta tested it on friday so it should appear soon (a very promising, creepy game !).

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

make up my own mind

[Post New]by bradalex on Mar 28, 11 1:40 AM
I like to make up my own mind so my usual practice is to download the game, play the demo and then read the forums to see if there are any problems before deciding to buy. Well this time I could have saved myself 20 minutes of boredom if I had done it the opposite way! As others have stated, a truly awful game. I don't usually concentrate too much on the developers at first, but now I think about it I have never liked a game from HDO

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 28, 11 1:45 AM
belamba wrote:The third HdO game in a short time, and I really don't care for any of them. Too much chit chat, sparkles to show what to pick up before moving on from a scene, dislike the way the puzzles have all these buttons, hands held all through apart from HOG scenes......
Tries to be interactive but isn't at all!
A BIG no buy for me. Managed 15 mins of the trial hour, just to see if it got better and if it was better than the other two HdO games. But no it didn't!
Shame as the potential is there for something really good.

Hi there,
I agree with all of the points you made here. I would also like to add that the time offered for the completion of the H0 scenes in many respects is ridiculously short in their games.
At the risk of being labelled as a HdO "Nazi",
Cheers.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 28, 11 1:48 AM
Either BFG is swiping another portal's thunder (if you can call it that), or is resorting to a rerun. I know I've had experience with this game sometime in the recent past--a no-go then, so a no-go now--elementary graphics and an overabundance of dialogue.

What a shame--a real Monday-morning bummer! We were waiting for F.A.C.E.S., I'll bet! Maybe Mudrock will have an update later today.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Mar 28, 11 1:52 AM

As another poster has said they tested it this weekend.

Didnt check my emails this weekend so have only just found that they have asked me to Beta Test F.A.C.E.S. which I will do tonight when I get home from work, so should think that wont be out for another couple of weeks yet.

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Mar 28, 11 3:28 AM
This game was released at over 1 year ago and as many mentioned it's by HdO, so I won.t even demo it.
BF has never offered this game before. There is at least one other captain Nemo game on this site, but not this one.

I used to applaud BF for not offering substandard HdO games. They probably recently obtained an agreement with HdO to sell their games.
Shouldn't have bothered.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 28, 11 4:32 AM
All it took for me is seeing that pipe puzzle featured in the promo. That's more a turnoff to me than find the differences.

But it did remind me that I never finished Nemo's Secret. Don't know why, seems it was a good game. Oh, I remember, too many games on too many sales, need a punch need a punch LOL. So, guess I've no business adding to my inventory of things to do. Just saved another $6.99. May be 2 CEs in April instead of my budgeted one.

Back to my mindless M3 to put me to sleep.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Mar 28, 11 4:38 AM
well I was prepared to like this game. This is a very boring game it could be nice if they would amp it up a little like actually graphics moving.

I also could not find the table and decided to stop if I want a straight hog there are more interesting ones out there.

I give this:
2 out of 5 (for the boring story which should of been interesting)

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 28, 11 5:08 AM
I did not care at all for the game, I played Demo for 10 minutes and it was so boring, so I guess I will wait until BF put out something we will enjoy, I don't get upset at BF my reason is I save money when i don't buy..lol have a great day fishes in the pond..

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 28, 11 8:01 AM
Well, i played the demo and what can i say.. Yes it's boring. Maybe because i like interactive HOG. The graphics are beautifully drawn, but it's absolutely static. Also i hate when i need to click on the needed object and release the mouse button to take this object. It's ridiculous. I played about 20 min and i don't wnat to play this game any more.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Mar 28, 11 8:28 AM
Kebbielebbie wrote:Ok...just eww. Somebody at BF was on their way to throw this in the trash and tripped and it fell into the Upload Machine...

That is all

ROTFLOL - thanx for the laugh

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 28, 11 10:14 AM
Poutoule wrote:
Mirinah wrote:Whatever happened to the game F.A.C.E.S. that Mudrock promised us last week?

Beta tested it on friday so it should appear soon (a very promising, creepy game !).

I am curious, not at you Poutoule but surely if someone beta's a game as early as last Friday that does not give them time to evaluate any problems that you came across and fix them? Then, sherisgirl is going to beta F.A.C.E.S. tonight? I cannot see it coming out too soon. Mudrock must not have known about the beta's but then Mudrock has not always been 100% correct on the predictions. I tend to wait until the game actually appears as a TGT. LOL!

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Mar 28, 11 10:45 AM
Bad.Maybe buy when it goes to a DD..Maybe

[Post New]by themusewrites on May 11, 11 7:20 PM
Did NOT like this game. I'm assuming it's written by folks for whom English is not a first language, which isn't usually a problem. But when it had me looking for "tables" when it meant "paintings" and "rope instruments" when it meant "string(ed) instruments", I have to stop. Uninstalled after less than 10 minutes. Sorry, but there are plenty of other games I'd rather play.

Go to: