Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 28, 11 5:55 AM
gaylele wrote:
HasNazir wrote:This may be a silly question, but I keep on forgetting to ask what does hdo stand for??? Or is that the company initials?

I believe they mean Hidden Objects Game
No, HDO are the developers (I think)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 28, 11 6:07 AM
HDO = High Definition Optics or
High Density Overlay or
Hearing Designation Order
Seriously though HDO is the Developers name, as dobbiemijnboekje said, they have made many unfortunately

Looks like there is not much point in my playing this game but I will try the demo just to see.

[Post New]by david983es on Mar 28, 11 6:20 AM
Very boring and the translation to english is horrid in some areas. Items such a Rope Instrument (should be String Instrument) and Tables (Picture or Paintings).

Not even worth it in the DD and would be a waste of a Punch Card Reward.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 28, 11 6:39 AM
Well Casual Gran, I did not even get as far as the STD or M3 games but I did do a sort of jigsaw with a load of books If this is a giveaway on some sites, I am actually not surprised.
I felt that the graphics were ok and most of the objects easy to find but it did not draw me in to want to play further.
I also agree with Cherb that this is an improvement on some of the other HDO games but still not a buy for me.
Thank you for all the indepth reviews and today I have to agree with most of them.
Sorry BF, my pennies are staying in my bank today

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Mar 28, 11 6:42 AM
Once more ( and reading the reviews, it's a good thing) the game, for me, was not in English. This has happened everytime I have downloaded games developed by HDO. Certainly not worth my while to contact CS. Is the origin Russian? If so, must say nyet, nyet, nyet to this offering.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 28, 11 6:47 AM
Does HDO stand for Horrible, Dreadful, Obnoxious? cause thats what this game is IMO.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 28, 11 6:58 AM
I tried the demo for 1/2 hour. I have a problem with the language barrier. I clicked on every wall and curtain for a partition and finally used a hint to discover a piece of sheet music. A marine compass was a draftman's compass. These kind of language problems necessitate using a hint which are very slow to recharge even though you have them. Hdo needs to get their act together and Big Fish shouldn't encourage them by offering their inferior games.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 28, 11 7:03 AM
mhatfie wrote:Does HDO stand for Horrible, Dreadful, Obnoxious? cause thats what this game is IMO.

Could be! ROFL

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 28, 11 7:05 AM
HdO is a trademark of Solilabs, the developer of this game. It is a logo they use for their Hidden Object adventures.

Just as an FYI, there is a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea game published by Legacy Interactive and released in March 2010. However, as the title suggests, it is a different game.

But yes, this game has been released by other portals. However, this is not the first time BFG has offered a non-exclusive, game as a TGT. It happens frequently with RPG's and LFA's. No big deal.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 8:03:07 AM PST

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Mar 28, 11 7:09 AM
Nyet, No Non NONONONONONONONONONO..... sorry but HDO Anuman games do my head in

Apart from the music bloody boring... maybe it's me but I've just been playing some of my old games and they knock these Anuman games into space

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 28, 11 7:11 AM
Um...once again no. Casual Gran said it best so I don't have to. I look to that game review site she mentioned a lot if I'm really on the fence about buying a game, especially if I'm already leaning towards no. I tried to give it a chance once I saw the HdO label, but just couldn't do it. Bottom line is it's the same game with a different story line & it's not fun to play. The whole point of playing any game in my opinion is that is should be fun. From the comments I read earlier this game came out last year. If the more recent HdO offerings from Big Fish are newer games I see absolutely point in even attempting to finish the demo for this one when I couldn't stand to finish the demos for the presumably newer games.

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 28, 11 7:19 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Stariannah wrote:HdO? Again? Come ON BigFish!! Do y'all have some sort of contract with these cretins? A contract that y'all for some bizarre reason you're unable to get out of? Did Picman sign something in blood? Is THAT why y'all keep foisting this garbage upon us? You CAN'T be making a profit on these games. So what is it? Why do y'all keep torturing us this way? WHY BigFish, WHY????

S.
O dear, you are really

Nope. Not really. Just disgusted and confused, and I REALLY hate being confused. I mean, honestly, almost NOBODY likes HdO games. If you do a search on the forums, HdO games are almost universally panned by nearly everyone who bothers to share their opinion. Hardly anyone ever admits to buying these games, so they really can't be profitable, and BF may be a lot of things, but it's a BUSINESS first with the goal of making money. So why do they offer games from a developer that aren't going to sell and are only going to cost them $$ in the long run? It just doesn't make sense to me. So, I still stand here wanting to know...Why BF, Why????

S.

[Post New]by bro4u_55 on Mar 28, 11 7:24 AM
well some of us out here like the hidden object games and i am sure there are a lot of us out here glad the way big fish tries to keep us all happy

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Mar 28, 11 7:35 AM
david983es wrote:Very boring and the translation to english is horrid in some areas. Items such a Rope Instrument (should be String Instrument) and Tables (Picture or Paintings).

Not even worth it in the DD and would be a waste of a Punch Card Reward.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 28, 11 7:54 AM
CasualGran - wanted you to know I added some additional information to my post.

[Post New]by thatmomperson on Mar 28, 11 8:02 AM
This game reminds me of a book being read to small children. You read a lot and then get to look at the picture. I think a game should be playing a lot and sometimes have to read something.
My opinion

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Mar 28, 11 8:34 AM
Believe it or not this by far the best HdO game that I've played. Having said that I won't be buying it though! I agree about translation problems - I have a pretty good vocabulary AND had a music teacher grandmother but have never heard of the word partition for music. The puzzles were quite good but, again, the controls are a bit clunky, as per usual for a HdO game, but perfectly do-able.

A definite improvement on their previous games.

Perhaps by 2012 there will be a game I actually want to buy!!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 28, 11 8:41 AM
textrekkie wrote:HdO is a trademark of Solilabs, the developer of this game. It is a logo they use for their Hidden Object adventures.

Just as an FYI, there is a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea game published by Legacy Interactive and released in March 2010. However, as the title suggests, it is a different game.

But yes, this game has been released by other portals. However, this is not the first time BFG has offered a non-exclusive, game as a TGT. It happens frequently with RPG's and LFA's. No big deal.

Agree with the last part of your statement & I stand corrected, except everything else I said still applies-in my opinion. I've play 3 games by HdO and if this is the newer game the concern is that they don't seem to be paying attention to any constructive criticism be by the players or more professional reviewers. The next time I download a game with the HdO label I'll turn around and delete it. It's not worth my time, & it frustrates rather than relaxes me.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 8:42:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Pomeroylady on Mar 28, 11 8:50 AM
If you like clicking arrows over and over and over again instead of actual gameplay, this is the game for you.

Elirana
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Elirana on Mar 28, 11 9:04 AM
I usually d/l trial whilst perusing the reviews and comments. Always like to form my own opinion. BUT today my heart sank when I saw another HOG, which I only tolerate if it's a good adventure game, and, it's less than 100mb. Then I see here, it's another Hdo. After yesterdays TGT, which was great by the way CasualGran, this was disappointing as I now have 2 games on a new punch card and was hoping to add to it by months end.
In a way I'm glad as, if BFG put out a great game every day, how many of us could afford them all. Yep. I'm a half full not half empty kind of gal (granma).
Love BFs strategy. Punch cards spur you to buy more games than you should.

Ellie

Go to: