Golden Gate - i think level 4

[Post New]by tooStylish on Dec 19, 08 3:52 PM
karmannhope wrote:
egallag wrote:I cannot get past this level, I can get every goal but the $15K...someone please help!!

I just finished that level and I hired all works for $1.00 u will have to hire at least 2 and don't up their pay u will have at least 1 that quits and the union with charge u a fine for it but don't worry and then upgraded all rides and then set advertising on all of them to max and advertising it's self I put newspaper and the first one. Build all game stands and food stands and put advertising up to max on all of them
Hope this helps let me know
Tiffany

I'm also stuck in level 4 - Golden Gate - and the tips above don't work for me. I can't get the goal of 15K and 70% populatity. Can someone please help me with a walkthrough?

reginleif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Welcome to County Fair forum

[Post New]by reginleif on Dec 20, 08 6:46 PM
Same issue here as someone else. I just tried playing it, but it's all sped up, and the goal is reached before I can get to the tutorial. I mean, I wasn't able to click anywhere or anything and boom, it's done... cars are ZIPPING by, people are flying by... it's way too fast!

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Dec 23, 08 10:01 PM
I couldn't find Gerry Mindfeld either. I looked everywhere. You don't need it to go on though. I went on without it. Anybody find out where it is please let me know.

[Post New]by rocketman685434 on Dec 24, 08 6:36 AM
angelbaby143 wrote:Make sure you put your advertising all the way up as high as it can go that will help increase money. And put in more games and rides then what it asks for too.

I've done all that but still can't get enuff money.Time is wasted at the beginning with the hiring of staff etc and the messages that popup means half a day is wasted before anything else.Plus the money is slow to come in at the start making it hard to upgrade shops.

[Post New]by HopeAnn36 on Dec 27, 08 7:16 AM
I was very disappointed in this game. I thought it would be fun, but it has turned out to be impossible to get through. So I am out the money and stuck with a game that can not be finished. Do not purchase.

[Post New]by leanne136 on Dec 27, 08 1:56 PM
hi

It is quite easy to play when you start off doing the following things

with your starter cash buy

Electric
one of each employee
largest ride you can buy or outdoor show - if you buy the out door show charge about 6.75 and advertise fully
lower entrance fees to get the punters in

when your cash then goes to about 600 - buy the most expensive ride you can

when your park is almost full - raise all your attaction prices by .50 and to increase park satisfaction lower all entrance fees to 1.00 per entrant regardless of age. and increase advertising in all areas

if your cash seems a bit low and you are running out of time raise the entrance fees again

I used this for all the parks and completed first time

just wished that there were more rides as my last park had every attraction and I had room for more

hopr this helps xx

ps love you big fish

[Post New]by tooStylish on Dec 28, 08 11:49 AM
leanne136 wrote:hi

Electric
one of each employee
largest ride you can buy or outdoor show - if you buy the out door show charge about 6.75 and advertise fully

when your park is almost full - raise all your attaction prices by .50 and to increase park satisfaction lower all entrance fees to 1.00 per entrant regardless of age. and increase advertising in all areas

if your cash seems a bit low and you are running out of time raise the entrance fees again

just wished that there were more rides as my last park had every attraction and I had room for more

hopr this helps xx

ps love you big fish

Thanks, this tip really works!

I have another tip for those who can't manage their cash goals: set the salaries of your employees very low. Do not raise their salaries! When they resign cause of poor conditions, just hire new ones.This can really make a difference!

LJ_04
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Welcome to County Fair forum - Longhorn County Fair

[Post New]by LJ_04 on Dec 29, 08 5:38 AM
Has anyone managed to reach 10k yet? I've tried so many different rides, shows, promotions etc and never seem to get past 7k.... Any advice/suggestions plllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeease......

LJ_04
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LJ_04 on Dec 30, 08 1:42 AM
tooStylish wrote:

Electric
one of each employee

hopr this helps xx

ps love you big fish

I have another tip for those who can't manage their cash goals: set the salaries of your employees very low. Do not raise their salaries! When they resign cause of poor conditions, just hire new ones.This can really make a difference!

ARGH!!! Still stuck at Longhorn County Fair.... Tried the suggestions above, and they have certainly helped, but I never seem to get higher than 8.5k now, and I need to reach 10k.... Has anyone completed this park? If you have, how on earth did you do it as I just can't seem to achieve the goals.....

LJ_04
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LJ_04 on Dec 30, 08 8:15 AM
LJ_04 wrote:
tooStylish wrote:

Electric
one of each employee

hopr this helps xx

ps love you big fish

ARGH!!! Still stuck at Longhorn County Fair.... Tried the suggestions above, and they have certainly helped, but I never seem to get higher than 8.5k now, and I need to reach 10k.... Has anyone completed this park? If you have, how on earth did you do it as I just can't seem to achieve the goals.....

SO!! Using the above suggestion, keep employees salaries to the £11.00 range... This applies to all apart from Sanitation Worker - give him £8.00. Don't comply with their salary increase requests (also mentioned above). Buy a show first, and set the price around the £6.75 mark, increasing it to around £8.00 as your popularity increases. For all other rides/food stands/game stands keep the price around the £2.50 to £3.50 mark and set entrance fees around the £3.00 mark too!.. This will keep satisfaction up, punters coming in, and earnings high enough to achieve the goals!

I am SO happy I've finally fathomed it, only took me a whole day and a bit!!

[Post New]by Qosmic on Jan 3, 09 9:23 AM
This is a nice game, but incredibly repetative...

I've just finished the 65k lvl (10, 11 or something like that?) and used the same strategy on all of them. I fill the fair ground with as many rides, game stands, food stands etc as I can possibly fit in, not just the specified ones, starting with the large rides and outdoor/indoor shows as they make the most profit. Raise the prize 3 clicks for everything, upgrade everything as much as possible as soon as I can. Entry ticket prizes I set to 7 for adults, 6 for seniors and teens and 5 for kids. I make sure to always have 100 % on all staff types, and always grant requested pay rises. I only advertise the largest rides and the indoor/outdoor shows (about 11 each) and then all the general advertising types for around 30 each. Usually I've reached the cash goal sometime during the beginning/middle of the last day and then I lower the price a lot on everything (including entry fees) to meet the popularity rating goal for the level. Last 2 levels I've missed the ratings requirements by a percentage or two, but it lets you continue to the next level without replaying as long as you have all the needed cash.

I've enjoyed it so far but won't play it again once I've gone through all the levels, so it's debatable if it's worth buying. It's the same thing over and over again with minimum variation. Lucky for me I've been able to play it at a friend's house because I would've been dissapointed if I'd paid for it myself. Best thing with it is actually the colourful and cute graphics, but after the initial amusement by that there's little left to care about.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jan 3, 09 11:50 PM
tammy89333 wrote:I have Windows Vista on my PC, and haven't had any problems with this game other than when I quit. Normally when I quit a Big Fish Game it goes to that screen showing that you can close the Big Fish Manager, but this game doesn't do that. So, when I try to start it up again, it says the game is still playing in the background, but if I go to task manager it isn't. So I have to log off of Windows and sign back in in order for it to work again. Hopefully you will figure out the problem...

It is in task manager, it's just not under "applications". Click the tab at the top that says "Processes" and look for the larger of the files with the "County Fair" name (it's easy to find, it's running about 50% of your computer's resources...) End that task and the Game Manager will pop up and ask if you want to close, just like on a normal game. They should fix it, but this will keep you from having to reboot.

It's only 12 fairs, guys. The only new things you get are unlocking rides and attractions. Took me about 4 hours to beat the whole thing, and there's absolutely no wrapup at the end for the setup at the beginning with your long-lost relative. Storyline is totally ignored after the intro. Too bad. This could have been much better with different types of carnival workers you had to hire (game carnies, ride operators, sword swallowers, etc.) and forcing a more logical choice of attractions by having the fairgrounds only fit certain types and giving us the dimensions of the rides when we buy them so we can make intelligent choices. Of course, there could also be a carnival barker and folks with sandwich boards added to the advertisement options, and day and night (carnival lights would be gorgeous at night...)
I also found it rather difficult to find the flags for problems with the riot of color in the background. Perhaps if they were bigger and black on white they would be easier to see. Food for thought for a sequel (which they flog at the end of the game). I'd have to see a big improvement to invest in the next chapter of this bland time-management franchise.

Edited on 01/03/2009 at 11:51:50 PM PST

[Post New]by blackhair71 on Jan 13, 09 1:50 PM
Just a question about the back ground scenery of this game, is it just an all white back ground??? I thought in the demo through BigFish that there was actualy gravel and some scenery. Or is that a deffect with my download?

[Post New]by mudrul on Jan 16, 09 3:38 AM
I keep getting game crashes ; I've bought this game and can't play it through. Keeps saying my "ialmrnt5 Windows Display Driver" has failed then I have to reboot. I've downloaded drivers and nothing is helping. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by cathousemama02 on Jan 21, 09 7:22 PM
I totally cannot get past the Gator level!!! I have played it 2 or 3 dozen times, following everyone's directions every different way......my frustration level is increasing! I can get the rides, games and food stands in; I've hired everyone to keep it at 100%, I've both accepted and denied raises, I've raised and lowered prices and admission fees..........BUT, CANNOT MAKE ANYWHERE NEAR 25,000!!!!! What is the REAL secret to this level???!!!??? I would almost pay extra for the secret to this game!!!

[Post New]by mesamoon on Jan 25, 09 1:14 PM
I guess I'm a natural expert at this game since well, in the Empire County Fair, the goal was
-Obtain 85,000.00
-Build 5 attractions
-Hire 30 workers
-Gain 90% popularity
You have 9 days to accomplish and I accomplished it in ....guess? well its 4. So, if you need help, just ask, game based please, not if you have problems with the driver, blah blah.

Mesamoon

With all the rides, game stands, food stands and, shows, one indoor and outdoor arena, because you can't have more than one. And with everything, absolutely everything upgraded. And Advertised, every ride, and all the other adds.

No cracks or patches used.

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 1:30:41 PM PST

[Post New]by scaredtofall on Feb 1, 09 1:38 AM
hope big fish will create more games like this and carnival ..

[Post New]by cathousemama02 on Feb 1, 09 5:52 PM
I finally conquered the Gator fair!!!! YEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!! The secret was simple.......advertised EVERYTHING, accepted all raises (but immediatly canceled them.....no fines for that), topped out the tv advertising everytime they said storms were coming, and bought out all food and game booths, kept everything as close to the entrance as possible, kept the entrance fees as low as possible till the last 2 days and topped out all prices till then too, last day (to gain popularity) topped out the popularity advertising mode. Now I've gotten to Fair #8, and it's all still working for me!!!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Feb 10, 09 2:36 PM
I have no idea what is going wrong with my game. It seems as though I am having trouble with my graphics on any game that has been loaded on both my PC and my laptop.

I tried to play this game again today and I have no land. Cars are driving on a white background. Well, actually, the entire background is white.

HELP!!!!!

Edited on 02/10/2009 at 2:36:58 PM PST

k_mac3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by k_mac3 on Feb 14, 09 6:53 AM
reginleif wrote:Same issue here as someone else. I just tried playing it, but it's all sped up, and the goal is reached before I can get to the tutorial. I mean, I wasn't able to click anywhere or anything and boom, it's done... cars are ZIPPING by, people are flying by... it's way too fast!

Go to: